Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Archive/OCR tool
< Community Wishlist Survey 2021 | Archive(Redirected from Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Wikisource/OCR tool)
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Already in road map for Community Tech team
- Problem: Wikisource does not have a completely functioning OCR tool.
- Who would benefit: Any Wikisource contributor working from a scanned text without a pre-existing OCR layer.
- Proposed solution: See Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wikisource/New OCR tool.
- More comments: This is a re-submission of a previous request.
- Phabricator tickets: phab:T161978 phab:T228594
- Proposer: –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 17:56, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- Yes. A million times, yes. NMaia (talk) 10:11, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- +1Sohom Datta (talk) 14:35, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- I believe the Community Tech team is planning on completing this project from last year regardless. Kaldari (talk) 14:45, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- +1 continuous improvement, to include AI of typical errors in a work, including obscure character sets. google OCR is better, it would be nice to surpass them. Slowking4 (talk) 15:30, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- +1 --Ernest-Mtl (talk) 18:36, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- @MJL: Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wikisource/New OCR tool was submitted last year and received 65 votes. The Community Tech is planning on completing this wish from 2020. I will archive this proposal. Thank you for participating in this survey! Harumi Monroy (talk) 23:58, 23 November 2020 (UTC)