Grants:TPS/Sahaquiel9102/Encuentro de Activistas Digitales de Lenguas Indígenas
I'm an active Wikimedian, and member of two user groups (Esperanto kaj Libera Scio, and Wikimedistas de Colombia). In Wikimedistas de Colombia, I'm who most active work with indigenous initiatives. I started in the Incubator, the Wikipedia in Nasa Yuwe and a basic translation of the MediaWiki Software in Translate Wiki (language code pbb). I'll talk about how to make that with every indigenous language, and how to edit wiki-code. I want to engage new editors in indigenous languages, and open (especially Wikipedias) projects in indigenous languages of Colombia.
In my opinion, this is very important for the Free Knowledge, for Wikimedia, and Wikimedistas de Colombia. The most part of the participants will be indigenous people who are developing projects related to digital activism in indigenous languages. The event is a fertile field for our initiative to engage indigenous speaker in Wikimedia projects.
Goal and expected impactEdit
As a result of the talks and workshops, I hope to engage native speakers to edit in the two already created projects in the Incubator (Wikipedia in Nasa Yuwe, and Wikipedia in Wayuu), and to created more projects (Wikipedias) in other native tongues. One goal too is to encourage people to participate in Wikimedistas de Colombia User Group.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Cali to Bogotá, and Bogotá to Cali): 150 000 COP (64 USD aprox).
- Transport (The Airport is far from Cali, and to move to the event place): 20 000 COP (9 USD aprox).
- Accommodation and Food will be covered by myself.
I would like you to book the flight. You can send the Transport amount to the Bank account of Wikimedistas de Colombia (the User Group), and they'll give the money to me.
- Racso ¿¿¿??? 21:36, 10 May 2015 (UTC) - The Wikimedistas de Colombia user group endorses this participation. Both Juan (Sahaquiel9102) and I have had conversations with the event organizers, and they would like to have an actively participating (i.e. giving a talk or workshop) Wikimedian on it. Another group member (user:Baiji) will participate, too, but we feel that Juan's participation is specially important and useful because of his focus and interest on the topic.
- Barrioflores ¿¿¿??? 02:24, 19 May 2015 (UTC) - As one of the primary organizers (Global Voices) of the gathering in Bogotá, we are especially looking forward to the participation of Juan Sebastián. This event is a continuation of our activities centered on the creation of new digital content in indigenous languages. In October 2014, we held a similar event with our partners Wikimedia Mexico, whose participation was integral to the activity's success. We feel that local chapters and user groups of Wikimedia throughout the region are vital allies because we share similar missions.
As organizers, we will gladly commit to paying for the meals for all participants and partners that will be in attendance. We hope that this will defray the costs for (user:Sahaquiel9102).