Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionEdit
Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.
The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.
Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:34, 27 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:43, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
Proof of Identity still needed for Board of Trustee CandidacyEdit
Hi there! I see that you have not yet submitted your proof of identity. Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. A copy of one of the following documents fulfills this:
- Driver's license
- Other official documentation indicating real name and age
This may be provided to the Wikimedia Foundation via email at secure-info wikimedia.org. Even if you may have done this previously for a different position, you are asked to complete this again. Please submit this by 29 June 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
If you are one of the selected candidates, the Wikimedia Foundation may need to request additional identifying information in order to run a background check prior to your appointment to the Board.
Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activitiesEdit
I am writing to you about several things:
1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.
2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.
3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac wikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr wikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.
Congratulations on your Wikimedia Foundation board appointmentEdit
At Wikimedia Foundation elections/2021/Results you are announced as a selected candidate for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation. Congratulations. I hope you use the role to achieve everything that you want for the en:Wikimedia movement. Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:28, 7 September 2021 (UTC)
Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021 submissionEdit
On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submission "Connecting the dots: Our work in the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees" has been accepted as a panel, and it was scheduled for 13:40 (UTC) on Saturday, 6 November (see the draft schedule). Considering that the conference will have language interpretation from English into Russian and vice versa, you have the choice between English and Russian as a language that you will use in your session. If you have not yet registered for the conference, please follow the instructions on this page. In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.
Dear Victoria, Why am I about to be globally blocked/banned from the whole of wikipedia? That's a bit extreme isn't it? All because I said that Dmitry Borisovich Volkov owns AnastasiaDate? Perhaps it was wrong of me to use the words "international date-scammer, tax evader" initially. Yes, I admit it (even though it just so happens to be true). But what is 'wrong' with saying that Dmitry Borisovich Volkov owns AnastasiaDate? Or that dating.com group appears in the ICIJ offshore leaks database? Eh? That is a neutral unbiased statement. It's a fact. это правда! Do you want wikipedia to be able to be edited factually by anyone without censorship? Or not? Or has the now billionaire paid someone to protect his page (after all, he did write his own Russian biography and entry for SDVenures).220.127.116.11 02:32, 24 October 2021 (UTC)