Watchlist Expiry project pageEdit
During the Community Whishlist survey 2019, you have voted for the Watchlist item Expiration wish.
Community Tech has created the Watchlist Expiry project page to work on this feature, and is looking for your feedback about the open questions they have.
Regards, IFried_(WMF), 15:51, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hello, Barkeep49! The Community Tech team has posted an April update to the Watchlist Expiry project, and we would love your feedback. The update includes new mockups, which show how users can determine watch status when viewing/editing watched pages or the watchlist. We invite you to check out the update and share your feedback on the project talk page. Thank you! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 19:29, 23 April 2020 (UTC)
The 2021 Community Wishlist Survey is now open! This survey is the process where communities decide what the Community Tech team should work on over the next year. We encourage everyone to submit proposals until the deadline on 30 November, or comment on other proposals to help make them better. The communities will vote on the proposals between 8 December and 21 December.
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. You can write proposals in any language, and we will translate them for you. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your proposals!
18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
This is Wikipedia editors' to correct a mistakes Small22 (talk) 00:35, 17 January 2023 (UTC)
We invite all registered users to vote on the 2021 Community Wishlist Survey. You can vote from now until 21 December for as many different wishes as you want.
In the Survey, wishes for new and improved tools for experienced editors are collected. After the voting, we will do our best to grant your wishes. We will start with the most popular ones.
We, the Community Tech, are one of the Wikimedia Foundation teams. We create and improve editing and wiki moderation tools. What we work on is decided based on results of the Community Wishlist Survey. Once a year, you can submit wishes. After two weeks, you can vote on the ones that you're most interested in. Next, we choose wishes from the survey to work on. Some of the wishes may be granted by volunteer developers or other teams.
We are waiting for your votes. Thank you!
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
You've been nominated!Edit
Hi greetings, you've been nominated for Merchandise Giveaways. Thank you--Path slopu (talk) 16:32, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks Path slopu. I really appreciate it and am thankful you took the time to do this. It was really kind and thoughtful of you. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 16:39, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
The Editing team has scheduled a major update to mw:Extension:DiscussionTools (the new Reply tool) for next week's deployment train. Since you invoke the feature from a script (I do, too), you're probably going to see that update next week, before it's officially released in the mw:Beta Feature system. The new update will use a similar system for starting a ==New discussion==. As before, full-page wikitext editing will not be affected. There is more information on the project page at mw:Talk pages project/New discussion.
You don't need to do anything about this, but if you encounter problems next week, please ping me or leave a note on the talk page for the project. Thanks, Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 22:00, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Whatamidoing (WMF): thanks for the notice. I'm excited to get this new functionality. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 22:02, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- It should (if all goes well) appear on Thursday at enwiki, and here at Meta-Wiki on Wednesday. It won't be enabled for non-script-based users until the following week (again, if all goes well), so please be quick to report bugs. There will only be about 50 editors testing during those first few days, and if we find anything seriously wrong, the team will want to delay the release in Beta Features. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 22:31, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
#WPWPCampaign2021: Learning and evaluationEdit
Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.
We are glad about the level of participation, this year and we are excited to inform you that over 900 volunteers around the world added photos to more than 250,000 articles in 298 languages Wikipedia. This year, we surpassed the 2020 edition's milestone by over 170%.
We are in the process of evaluating the WPWP campaign this year and we need your help. We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.
Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Thank you in advance for taking this survey.
Tulsi Bhagat [ contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:04, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
Please delete my accountEdit
Why do you this to me. Please delete my account. My mental health and physical health has already been destroyed by this site. This whole site is designed to harass people. Please let me be and delete my account. I don't want to be harassed anymore. I want to have my life back again. --MyMoloboaccount (talk) 23:06, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
- @MyMoloboaccount: Delete an account is technically not possible. Stang 23:09, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
I have right to be forgotten. I want my life back which was taken by this site and harassers. I want my life back. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten --MyMoloboaccount (talk) 23:23, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
- that's for the EN wiki. Closing things I can think of is Courtesy vanishing, but due to Wikipedia's copyright guidelines, an account cannot be "deleted". AstatineEnjoyer (talk) 16:15, 24 January 2023 (UTC)
Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2022Edit
Thank you for participating in the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos campaign last year.
We are glad to inform you that this year's edition started on 1 July, 2022. You are invited to participate in the campaign again to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos and contextual images. For more information about the campaign and how to participate, please visit the campaign page here.
If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact the organizing team, leave a message at the campaign's talkpage or send an email to wpwpcampaign gmail.com.
Kind regards, --Ammarpad (talk) 21:27, 5 July 2022 (UTC) (On behalf of the Organizing Team, WPWP Campaign 2022).
I have to send my proposal before 8 December in order the campaign committee to consider my proposal Small22 (talk) 00:42, 17 January 2023 (UTC)
For some reason it won't let me respond to the proposal, but: That's exactly what I'm talking about, thanks [ping removed].
The idea that people on phone have their own section because of the limits of the app are annoying to admins and to people who revert and warn, as they don't know for sure if the vandal hears them. AstatineEnjoyer (talk) 16:16, 24 January 2023 (UTC)