Open main menu


Teles was here
"Look up to the sky. You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down." --C.C.
This talk page was last vandalized edited 58999 minutes ago by AjraddatzT / C and has 95 kb. Leave your message at the bottom and sign it with ~~~~. I will answer here in a minute or a bit more.

At this moment, the protection level of this page allows any type of user to edit. In case you can't edit here, see other ways of reaching me.
Single rule: be civil and speak your mind. I usually don't leave respectful messages without answer.

Contents

wikimedia foundationEdit

I can u tell how to sign.208.163.57.226

Hi. I didn't get you message. Could you please write me again?—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 16:55, 17 January 2017 (UTC)

HugsEdit

Dear Teles. I've just learnt that your mother passed away. I can't imagine how hard that must be. Please accept my condolences. My thoughts are with you. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio 18:28, 22 January 2017 (UTC)

Hi dear fellow, I've just seen this and it makes me feel very sad for you and your family. Please accept my sincere condolences, I am at your entire disposal for anything that you can need from me. Receive a great embrace from me.--Syum90 (talk) 18:49, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
@MarcoAurelio and Syum90: Thanks, guys! That was very kind of you. Saludos.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 22:12, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
Joining the hugs; I am very sorry for your loss, and wish you strength during this difficult time. Savhñ 14:53, 23 January 2017 (UTC)
"wraps my arms" I am very sorry. MechQuester (talk) 17:21, 23 January 2017 (UTC)
Just noticed this after leaving my message. Please accept my deepest sympathy, I hope you recover soon. Regards—UY Scuti Talk 06:07, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Thank you all for the messages.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 15:27, 4 February 2017 (UTC)

YGMEdit

UY Scuti Talk 06:05, 1 February 2017 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017]Edit

Whose Knowledge  News
April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2
Activities and Events:
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
Resources:
Resources lists
Wikimedia Movement:
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
  About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the Whose Knowledge? News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2017 (UTC)

Persian WikipediaEdit

Hi My bro On Wikipedia, all users are equal, but some are more equal. It seems that some admins in the Persian Wikipedia are trying to eliminate the kurdish Rappers.Even the article Navid Zardi, who is the first Kurdish Rapper, has worked with such great artist as Shahin Najafi. Now, after being removed several times, Moein Mohammadi, one of the strongest Kurdish rapper, wants to eliminate it again. Please avoid deleting it. To create an article about other Kurdish Rappers articles. Thank you. https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/معین_محمدی Afshin k2 (talk) 08:37, 22 June 2017 (UTC)

@Afshin k2: Hi! Not sure on how I can help you, but what are their reasons to delete the article? The deletion is being decided by many users or just one person? Have you used good sources to prove relevance of the article?—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 01:13, 1 July 2017 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge?: [July 2017]Edit

Whose Knowledge  News
July 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 3
Activities and Events:
Okvir pilot in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Wikimania 2017
Resources:
Emancipatory Design Research
Wikimedia Movement:
Letter from Buenos Aires
  About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the '''Whose Knowledge?''' News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 2 August 2017 (UTC)

Como participarEdit

Ola, como faço para participar do projeto? Obrigado --Felipe da Fonseca (talk) 00:43, 15 September 2017 (UTC)

Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Nahuatl Wikipedia 2Edit

Hello; In this page, is over second closure for Nahuatl Wikipedia. Regards.--Marrovi (talk) 06:43, 9 October 2017 (UTC)

Help design a new feature to stop harassing emailsEdit

Hi there,

The Anti-Harassment Tools team plans to start develop of a new feature to allow users to restrict emails from new accounts. This feature will allow an individual user to stop harassing emails from coming through the Special:EmailUser system from abusive sockpuppeting accounts.

We’re inviting you to join the discussion because you have experience dealing with abusive sockpuppeting accounts and you work across many wikis. We think that your insights will help us build a better feature.

You can leave comments on this discussion page or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.

It is important to hear from a broad range of people who are interested in the design of the tool, so we hope you join the discussion and let us know how it would work best for you.

For the Anti-Harassment Tools team SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 21:50, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.

Bridges across CulturesEdit

Hi Teles, Thanks for your translations. Please also have this in mind: Template:Bridges across Cultures Tons of thanks! -- Meisam (talk) 16:53, 14 October 2017 (UTC)

@Meisam: Working on it! :) —Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 17:17, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
Could you also provide translation for the banner? If possible for both pt and pt-br variants if they differ. Thanks! --Base (talk) 18:29, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
Not sure if by you but B1mbo has added some I see. Thanks in any case :) --Base (talk) 18:45, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
@Base: Done for both, but I asked someone from Portugal to review the pt version.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 18:46, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
I think some of the translations may need updating. (please!) -- Meisam (talk) 07:58, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
Hey. RadiX got it already.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 14:59, 21 October 2017 (UTC)

Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed!Edit

Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.

This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee ElectionEdit

Hi Teles! As promised by the Wikipedia Library team at the inception of the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group, we are conducting an open-election for the steering committee with 5 to 8 positions. Nominations will be accepted from 3 January 2018 to 9 January 2018. If you are interested in being a part of this committee, you can nominate yourself starting January 2nd next year. This position should attract Wikipedians and librarians with dedication and time to lead the user group in its first year. The elections will happen following the nominations phase starting from 10 January 2018 to 23 January 2018. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact WikiLibraryUG [at] googlegroups [dot] com. A message will be sent shortly before the dates linking to the venue for nominations and election. Thank you! On behalf of the user group founding members--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:40, 13 December 2017 (UTC)

Eliminar minhas páginas de usuáriosEdit

Olá Teles, como você é um steward, poderia eliminar minhas páginas de usuários na Wikipédia em alemão e inglês? Criei a página no meta e gostaria que essa fosse copiada nas demais Wikis. Saudações. Conde Edmond Dantès (talk) 06:05, 19 December 2017 (UTC)

@Conde Edmond Dantès: Oi. Stewards não devem atuar em wikis grandes que já possuam administradores que possam fazer ações localmente. Portanto, não posso apagar.
Uma maneira fácil de você eliminar as páginas é usando a predefinição {{delete}} que geralmente funciona na maioria das wikis e pede eliminação rápida das páginas. Nessas duas pelo menos, ela funciona. Abraço.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 17:08, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
Agradeço, irei indicá-las para eliminação. Edmond Dantès d'un message? 17:10, 19 December 2017 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination PhaseEdit

Hello again Teles! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to libraries lists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)

Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1RefEdit

Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:

Timeline for nominations and votingEdit

  • Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
  • Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
  • Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
  • Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
  • To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
  • Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.

How you can support #1lib1refEdit

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:50, 10 January 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit

Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:24, 22 January 2018 (UTC)

Finnish edits.Edit

Hola! You've undone my edit. I see that You live in Brazil, so You might not know our copyright laws. --Risto hot sir (talk) 02:52, 29 January 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Risto hot sir! Thanks for writing here. Could you please clarify those edits? There is, for sure, no reason for blanking an article. When you blank it, you don't actually delete it as it is still visible on history page. If there is a reason to delete the article, you have to request deletion and a sysop will complete it. On one of your edits, you left a message on the article and signed on it, which is also completely wrong. In this meanwhile, I don't think that a small text, like those quoted could be qualified as copyright. That is why Wikiquote exist in the many languages and I doubt that it would be a problem on your country, but I am willing to learn from you. Regards.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 03:00, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
Hello! I really don't want to delete these articles, but those have to be handled equally. That's why I wrote to Smaug The Golden. Let's see what he/she thinks about this. --Risto hot sir (talk) 03:08, 29 January 2018 (UTC)

Template:Main Page/pt-brEdit

Oi Teles, o modelo citado está redirecionando a um link inexistente (por exemplo pt-br.wikipedia.org/wiki), já tentei reverter isso mas minhas edições são revestidas para a forma antiga. Acho necessário analisar isso.wu22222(talk to me) 14:58, 3 February 2018 (UTC)

@WikiUser22222: Tem razão. Os links ficam quebrados. Reverti novamente e deixei um sumário um pouco mais.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 20:12, 7 February 2018 (UTC)

Thank You e Obrigado!Edit

Dear Teles, Thank you for your vote of support to have me on the Wikipedia Library Steering Committee. I was selected as a new steering committee member thanks to your support. I hope that I will be able to make an impact on this steering committee. Sincerely, Rachel Wexelbaum RachelWex (talk) 19:28, 13 February 2018 (UTC)

Queridos Teles, Obrigado pelo seu voto de apoio para me ter no Comitê Diretivo da Wikipedia Library. Fui selecionado como um novo membro do comitê de direção graças ao seu apoio. Espero que eu possa influenciar este comitê de direção. Rachel Wexelbaum RachelWex (talk) 19:28, 13 February 2018 (UTC)

CheckUser inquiryEdit

Hello Teles, perhaps you can help me. I've read in your user page that you've got experience of checkuser and bureaucrat, and that your main task in all wikis is to combat vandalism and let the good faith users edit freely. Well, one week ago I've opened a checkuser request about a very likely (almost 100%) cross-wiki proxy user and sockpuppet user, both in RFCU and SRCU. Since the user that I've identified is going on doing the same edits in the same pages with normal IP ranges (coming from Italy, and I'm Italian too) I'm updating the IP list daily, but nobody has checked about this problem, which is very real and currently continuing, yet. Can you do anything do help me with this request? I've been spending and I'm still spending a long time for that, and still I see no results. I thought at the beginning that this problem would be solved quickly, afterall it's about proxies and sockpuppets so it should interest sysops, I hoped I could do something good for the project and maybe I would be thanked for that; instead, also requests made after mine have already been closed, while the only 2 answers I had for mine were that if I'm an IP user I can't make requests (so I've created an account too) or that the 2 only socks that I've reported can't be linked to IPs because of CU Policy (then what about the proxy IPs and the normal IPs?)... If you can do anything for me, please tell me. Thanks in advance! 151.64.164.185 15:45, 16 January 2018 (UTC)

Hi. If those IP's listed are proxies, all we need to do is block them. There is no need to check them all. We won't be able to publicly link IP addresses to accounts anyway, but you can list accounts that you believe to be related with the reason, then we will be able to tell if a certain account is related to another account. Does that help to answer your request?—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 21:21, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for your answer! Actually, in part you've been helpful but in part you made other doubts come to my mind. CheckUser policy say: "Determine the edits, logged actions and password resets on the Wikimedia wiki of a specific IP (even when logged in)". The current issue is about my suspect that the user behind those proxies is the same user behind the socks and the same user behind normal IP ranges (the reasons of my suspects are that the edits made by such IPs and accounts are the same, in the same pages, and all made recently). What's wrong in my request, then? If this user has used proxies, which is against this project rules, and has used socks for reasons which are different from the only allowed reasons, which is against this project rules, and a part of his cross-wiki edits were inappropriate or disruptive, what should I've done to report his behaviour and prove that he's just one user? On it.wikipedia it's always been done like that: as far as I know, accounts suspected to be related to certain IPs, and viceversa, because of suspicious editing are regularly subjected to CU and then both blocked and reverted. And in CU requests also different IPs are included to be related to each others on the basis of editing similarities even if they're on different ranges, same for accounts editing from different ranges but doing the same edits (in these cases the result is just that it's "likely" that they're being used by one user, not "proven", obviously, but the effects such as blocks and reverts are the same). I've written a long text but I hope I've been able to explain my doubts. 151.64.186.145 12:51, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
I think I understand your concerns. The thing is that checkuser tool is not needed (and actually not that helpful) to link of IP to another. If somebody uses two different IP’s unlogged, both of them are public and we don’t need to checkuser them to do any research. Checkuser information wouldn’t automatically link them for instance. If any, we could compare their user agents, but that alone would not bring to any strong conclusion. Usually the “block, revert and ignore” rule is enough to frustrate them.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 01:22, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
Okay, probably I've understood what you mean now. In practice, if a registered user has logged in and edited from a certain IP (static) or IP range (dynamic) it's possible to verify it and consequently identify that user with that IP or IP range when they're used to make similar edits. In the current case, if a checkuser verifies that those 2 accounts have been using one or more among the IPs or IP ranges showing similar edits, then it'll be proven that it's alsways been one person behind all that: so the accounts will be considered sockpuppets, and the normal IPs just substitutes of the partially blocked proxies, am I right? If I am, what can you advise me to do at this point about my request? Perhaps I should open a new request in a different way... 151.64.162.226 14:09, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
You can report the IP list that is being used for vandalism. Please, provide diffs to edits too if possible as when a checkuser/steward is on a case it may be difficult to find them when it is not so clear. You might want to create an account and make a list of IPs on one of your subpage and that is what I would do.
If you see more than one 'account' that may be related and are being used for vandalism, you can request checkuser of them directly. If you believe there are any IP related with them, you can list them together too, but we may or may not comment about the relation between them and the accounts.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 14:33, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
Yes, I'll do as you say. I've already created an account so I'll use it to submit a new request. In the request I'll ask to link one of the 2 socks to one or more of the IP ranges, provide the full list of IPs and accounts in my own page, and show some differences too as you asked in order to show off similarities, or better identicalness, among edits by different IPs. Not all the edits can be considered vandalisms, but I think the fact that proxies and sockpuppets have been used to do a large part of the edits, added to inappropriate and disruptive edits, should be sufficient to mark the user as a vandal. Since he's still going on editing with new IPs, I'll open the request as soon as I've found all the previous IPs and accounts he may have used. Do you think all I've said will be okay? 151.64.167.75 14:04, 22 January 2018 (UTC)

Could you have a look to my new request here and tell me whether there's something wrong or not, please? 151.64.167.163 11:27, 27 January 2018 (UTC) P.S. in case you're not going to help me with my request, just please tell me.

Hi! I saw many of the edits you pointed out. I see that many of those edits are still the most recent ones and were not reverted. I wonder if any local community has already considered these edits problematic, or if any of those accounts or IP has been blocked. Checkuser tool should be avoided whenever possible and I don't see that blocking, protecting and reverting actions have been tried first.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 01:37, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
Hi Teles! I understand your doubt. Well, such edits are minor and, since they're mainly about Italian accents, in wikis using different languages most of them went unnoticed. Despite this, some of them were actually reverted by admins, and some of the IPs and IP ranges were actually blocked by admins. I'm providing a few examples here: rv rv rv rv rv rv rv block block block block block (note that almost all his reverted edits were reverted again and that he started using normal IP ranges and sock accounts just after his proxy ranges he'd been using till then were blocked). Apart from this, the user is a proxy user (proven) and a sockpuppet abuser (would be proven with a check). If this behaviour is now tolerated in this project unlike it was before, then I'll just forget this request; but if it's still considered vandalism as I think, I don't see what stewards are waiting for to detect and stop this vandal. I've called on meta community because as you see it's a cross-wiki problem, which must be dealt with as a cross-wiki problem and not as a sum of single problems in single wikis. Moreover, there's also the possibility that the sockmaster is an old registered Italian user, but if he's sly he didn't use the same IPs for his main account and for his socks. All I've written with some more information is resumed in my request in SRCU. Did I clarify your doubt? 151.64.167.110 13:31, 1 February 2018 (UTC)

News: account Myeuurn was blocked in fr.wikipedia with an expiration time of indefinite for sockpuppetry abuse. Was this, perhaps, the event you were waiting for? Let's hope it's enough! I said it from the very beginning a month ago that this cross-wiki vandal wasn't just using proxies but also abusing sockpuppets... 151.64.176.203 17:45, 2 February 2018 (UTC)

I may not be able to reply quickly to this case. It always requires some reading and I would need my laptop to follow up. The whole thing is the need of checking. If they are using open proxies, checking may not help too much, as previously mentioned. If you disagree, please tell me how checking would help. It's not that stewards are not willing to help. My point is that it is still not clear what other useful information that checkuser would provide, concerning that we already know their IP. There are other measures to be taken, like range-blocking those proxies.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 19:11, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
Thank you anyway for your time! Well, I think that checking would help by joining it with the so called duck test. The pages edited by that cross-wiki vandal are hardly ever edited. In the last 2 months they've suddently become edited by: proxies, socks and Italian IPs. More, the edits made by all of these identities are identical. This may be enough already. But in order to do things properly, a check to verify what IPs were used for those socks should be done. It'll prove that for one or more of these socks have been used those proxies, and that for the same socks have been used also the Italian IPs, which were used also for other socks. This would link unequivocally proxies, socks and IPs to each others. This would make this user a long-term abuser and cause not only the proxies but also the socks and the Italian IPs to be blocked so that if the vandal restarted with his edits it would be immediately identified and then blocked and reverted again. Have I expressed my point clearly? Do you think I'm committing a mistake in my reasoning? I don't know, tell me what you think. 151.64.181.51 16:12, 16 February 2018 (UTC) P.S. I've noticed just now that yesterday RadiX blocked globally not just one of the vandal's proxies but also 2 of his socks, Myeuurn and Baka Líte, while Onpuryvgr had already been blocked and only Fulgencio Kokomeci is still unblocked; I confess you that I'm so glad of it!
If they were already locked, their future socks can be considered lock evasions and be immediately locked or blocked. If they are lock evasions, they can be checked to confirm relation. It's great that Radix is dealing with that already.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 21:47, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
Again, thank you for your help! I think I won't have to disturb you any more :-) 151.64.175.188 17:48, 21 February 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election ResultsEdit

Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,

On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)

BlocageEdit

Votre adresse IP fait partie d’une plage d’adresses bloquée sur tous les wikis.

Le blocage a été fait par Teles (meta.wikimedia.org). Le motif donné est Open proxy.

Début du blocage : 2 janvier 2018 à 01:59 Expiration du blocage : 2 janvier 2019 à 01:59 Vous pouvez contacter Teles pour discuter du blocage. Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser la fonctionnalité « Envoyer un courriel » à moins d’avoir spécifié une adresse de courriel valide dans vos préférences de compte et de n’avoir pas bloqué son utilisation. Votre adresse IP actuelle est 185.156.174.139 et la plage bloquée est 185.156.174.0/24. Veuillez inclure tous les détails ci-dessus dans toutes les demandes que vous ferez.

JE NE COMPRENDS PAS CE BLOCAGE Raphodon

@Raphodon: Hello! Looks like you are using an open proxy to edit. Do you know why you are using an open proxy? Maybe you are accessing through a site that changes the IP address or you made some change on your browser that makes you use an open proxy. If you did, you may want to undo any of these changes and use your own IP. If you didn't perform any change related with that or if you have any reason to use open proxy, please request block exemption here.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 23:22, 28 April 2018 (UTC)

What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User GroupEdit

Hi Teles! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Yes, you heard that right! We are now officially known as the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group (previously, Wikipedia Library User Group). New group contacts are User:Merrilee and User:Sodapopinski7. The elected steering committee has been meeting twice a month ever since their election, working on the organisation and details of user group functioning. Progress is being made and we'd like to keep the members updated.
  • The committee decided to use the libraries lists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 27 May 2018 (UTC)

RecorrenteEdit

Teles, pode verificar se existe algo que possa ser feito sobre este caso? É recorrente, o registro de bloqueios do mais novo ataque. Cumprimentos. GRS73 (talk) 21:56, 3 June 2018 (UTC)

@GRS73: sim,   feito. RadiX 01:20, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
@GRS73: O ideal seria verificar os IP's das contas localmente. Infelizmente, não posso fazer isso. O que os verificadores locais dizem sobre isso?—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 23:01, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
Apontam que provavelmente é o @Wariowa:, o @EVinente: escreveu no pedido Júlio César Boldrin Júlio Qué Dar: "GRS73 e HVL, sim é o Wariowa. Estou fazendo o mapeamento dos IPs, mas logo na primeira verificação, um bloqueio de faixa não pode ser extensivo e longo, já que o dano colateral é significativo, afetando provaveis 40.000 usuários." GRS73 (talk) 02:35, 8 June 2018 (UTC)
@GRS73: Já apliquei dois bloqueios globais em faixas de IP. O dano colateral existe, porém não é muito significativo. O bloqueio é necessário no momento. RadiX 02:10, 12 June 2018 (UTC)

New community space for IdeaLab on ConnectEdit

Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.

We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)

(Opt-out instructions)

Inspire Campaign on Measuring Community HealthEdit

Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.

If you're interested, consider joining the Inspire Campaign. I JethroBT (WMF) 17:14, 13 July 2018 (UTC)

(Opt-out instructions)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and WikimaniaEdit

Hi Teles! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Thank you for participating in the poll to help the steering committee plan activities for the year 2018. We received 84 responses, and the results can be found on the resources page. In addition to that, there are a few more things we'd like to share with you.

If you are attending Wikimania,

Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!

If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!

  • Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:02, 14 July 2018 (UTC)

Situation in BrazilEdit

Hello, sorry for not answering before. If you need to contact the AffCom in regards to the situation in Brazil, please email the committee directly by sending an e-mail to affcom lists.wikimedia.org.
Thanks,
--Maor X (talk) 17:04, 23 July 2018 (UTC)

newEdit

hi im new to meta i need guidance. i want to help as best as i can here. Hasiop111 (talk) 00:28, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

@Hasiop111: Hello! Welcome to Meta. What kind of help you need? Is there any specific question you have? You may want to read what Meta is about first. Regards.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 00:35, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
I want to create an free encyclopedia. Hasiop111 (talk) 00:37, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
@Hasiop111: I don’t have too much experience with that and you haven’t fully described your needs, but you may be looking for this page: Requests for new languages.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 01:03, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Sign-up for Whose Knowledge? on-line newsletterEdit

Hi everybody,

We are leaving the wiki newsletter format behind and venturing into the email newsletter format. We'd love to keep sharing our projects and adventures with you all! You can sign up here to make that happen.

See you all there!

With love & solidarity,

Claudia - and the WK? Comms Team using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Emergency in KaWikiEdit

Dear steward,
Please read my explanation thoroughly. It is about an inexorable situation in the Georgian Wikipedia, the long-established. Every attempt to solve the problem locally fails again and again. So, please, do not be indifferent.
The requests are extraordinary, so I do not write on a general page, but personally.
Best regards, Deu. 18:08, 30 September 2018 (UTC)

no topicEdit

مرحبا Teles أنا واقع في نطاق آي بي محظور ولا أستطيع التعديل في ويكي بيانات، أرجو استثنائي من المنع. ربما يستطيع user:علاء مساعدتي لإيصال الفكرة. شكرا أبو هشام السوعان (talk) 20:19, 18 October 2018 (UTC)

Hello. According to an online translator, you were caught on a block and are asking for help. If that is correct, please send a message to stewards wikimedia.org explaing the situation and providing your IP address or the message you received when tried to edit but was stopped. Thanks.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 20:26, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
The problem is solved, Thanks. أبو هشام السوعان (talk) 22:09, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
  Solved --Alaa :)..! 05:29, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
Thank you (All), أبو هشام السوعان (talk) 21:14, 20 October 2018 (UTC)

localize reasonsEdit

Hi, Teles,

Thanks for blocking this ip. Can you please localize reasons? like (Open proxy: Globally used for vandalism )— Bukhari (Talk!) 08:44, 19 October 2018 (UTC)

@BukhariSaeed: Hi! I don’t get your request. What do you mean by “localize reasons”?—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 14:45, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
localization of block reasons are possible in native language?— Bukhari (Talk!) 06:05, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
@BukhariSaeed: That was a global block. The block reason is not automatically translated. I don't think there is a way to do it for different languages as the log is reproduced unchanged globally. If you are a local sysop, you are free to block it locally and add a corresponding reason in local language if local rules allow that. In case you do it, two logs will be available on that wiki: mine and yours. Hopefully, that can satisfy your request. Regards.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 23:36, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
Thanks
Bukhari (Talk!) 15:51, 21 October 2018 (UTC)

No risks !

কামাল আহমেদ পাশা (talk) 08:56, 20 October 2018 (UTC)কামাল আহমেদ পাশা

@কামাল আহমেদ পাশা: Hello! How can I help you?—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 23:36, 20 October 2018 (UTC)

You block My ID. because, open proxy. Please, open my ID & no risks from my IP address.


কামাল আহমেদ পাশা (talk) 05:57, 21 October 2018 (UTC)কামাল আহমেদ পাশা

Hi! You may be referring to a range block performed on an open proxy. Open proxies are not allowed on Wikimedia as they are oftenly used for vandalism and others negative actions. You can try to use a “normal” IP address, that is not an open proxy. If you have a very good reason to use an open proxy, please email Stewards at stewards wikimedia.org with your IP address, account name and the reason for using it. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any possible trouble.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 16:57, 27 October 2018 (UTC)

About IP blockingEdit

Dear Teles,

My IP is blocked by you for using freebasics(open proxy) to edit in Wikipedia. I have been editing Bengali Wikipedia for quite a long time now and have participated in editing many important articles while using freebasics. And there is not a single incident of vandalism by me in this whole time. So i will be really obliged if you unblock my IP (even if it's only for the bengali wikipedia) and let me continue using wikipedia.(2a03:2880:11ff:1::face:b00c this is my IP address).Thanks Reza Rahib (talk) 10:12, 22 October 2018 (UTC)

Hi! The pointed mail address is an open proxy of Facebook. Open proxies are not allowed on Wikimedia as they are oftenly used for vandalism and others negative actions. You can try to use a “normal” IP address, that is not an open proxy. If you have a very good reason to use an open proxy, please email Stewards at stewards wikimedia.org with your IP address, account name and the reason for using it. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any possible trouble.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 16:52, 27 October 2018 (UTC)
Well what can i say. Sorry for the trouble.Reza Rahib (talk) 09:34, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
@Reza Rahib: No worries. Feel free to write me whenever you need.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 08:07, 3 November 2018 (UTC)

Unblock IPEdit

You have blocked these IP around freebasics: 2a03:2880:ff:6::face:b00c, with the range of 2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0/32 in bengali wikipedia and 2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0/32 in English wikipedia. Please unblock the IP range for other users who did not violate rules. You can block offensive accouts for a certain time or full period, but you can not block the whole IP range, which is completely irrational. I hope you will consider all our users case and unblock the IP range. We all the users got pissed off from getting blocked numerous time in wikipedia freebasics. Can you please consider this? Sharif Uddin (talk) 17:28, 22 October 2018 (UTC)
I agree with you Sharif Uddin. Patiya Road (talk) 20:12, 27 October 2018 (UTC)

Hi! The pointed mail address is an open proxy of Facebook. Open proxies are not allowed on Wikimedia as they are oftenly used for vandalism and others negative actions. You can try to use a “normal” IP address, that is not an open proxy. If you have a very good reason to use an open proxy, please email Stewards at stewards wikimedia.org with your IP address, account name and the reason for using it. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any possible trouble.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 16:52, 27 October 2018 (UTC)

Teles thank you. Now, you can unblock my IP adress? Patiya Road (talk) 23:57, 28 October 2018 (UTC)

@Patiya Road: Please, try editing again. I have changed the block and you may be able to edit if logged in your account.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 19:01, 29 October 2018 (UTC)

blocked meEdit

why i was blocked

Hi! You may be referring to a range block performed on an open proxy. Open proxies are not allowed on Wikimedia as they are oftenly used for vandalism and others negative actions. You can try to use a “normal” IP address, that is not an open proxy. If you have a very good reason to use an open proxy, please email Stewards at stewards wikimedia.org with your IP address, account name and the reason for using it. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any possible trouble.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 16:56, 27 October 2018 (UTC)

BanEdit

Hello Teles! I came to know that you banned me from wikipedia.😕 but I haven't edited any of the wikipedia articles since June of 2018.

And what happened to my edit count?

Hi! You may be referring to a range block performed on an open proxy. Open proxies are not allowed on Wikimedia as they are oftenly used for vandalism and others negative actions. You can try to use a “normal” IP address, that is not an open proxy. If you have a very good reason to use an open proxy, please email Stewards at stewards wikimedia.org with your IP address, account name and the reason for using it. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any possible trouble.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 16:55, 27 October 2018 (UTC)

Why am I blockedEdit

Good day sir.I have been here on wikipedia for a couple of days now since I've signed up, and I've realized that I have been blocked and I don't understand why. Can you please check that for me to see if I have broke any rule sir. Thank you

Hi! You may be referring to a range block performed on an open proxy. Open proxies are not allowed on Wikimedia as they are oftenly used for vandalism and others negative actions. You can try to use a “normal” IP address, that is not an open proxy. If you have a very good reason to use an open proxy, please email Stewards at stewards wikimedia.org with your IP address, account name and the reason for using it. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any possible trouble.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 16:56, 27 October 2018 (UTC)

Bloqueio de faixaEdit

Olá Teles, poderia me fazer um favor? Teria como bloquear globalmente essa faixa? É de um LTA que está vandalizando diversas wikis, inclusive a pt, e como os pedidos estão demorando muito para serem atendidos, venho pedir diretamente a você, já que é um steward. Mr. Fulano! Talk 14:58, 12 November 2018 (UTC)

@Mr. Fulano: Vi que há alguns IPs bloqueados, mas não encontrei nada muito espalhado. Um deles acabou de vandalizar a wiki e já estava bloqueado globalmente. Isso pode indicar que talvez os endereços de IP não sejam tão variáveis. Acho melhor observar por enquanto.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 02:04, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
De boa, então. De qualquer forma estou vigiando, e toda vez que ele realiza um novo vandalismo, eu vou lá e reverto. Mr. Fulano! Talk 19:33, 1 December 2018 (UTC)

Microblogging handlesEdit

Hi, are you involved with @wikimediapt as well? Nemo 20:30, 3 December 2018 (UTC)

@Nemo bis: hi! No. I think DarwIn is.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 01:56, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
@Nemo bis: Hi, about 3 of us at WMPT use to manage the Twitter account, including me.- Darwin Ahoy! 02:02, 4 December 2018 (UTC)

AirVPN proxy blockEdit

Hi there,

I'm a user from Germany and I'm not able to contribute to de.wikipedia because of a blocked IP range (mine in the moment is 185.156.174.115 and the blocked range according to Wikipedia is 185.156.174.0/24). I want this range, and, in fact, all AirVPN's IP ranges, unblocked at least for all users who are logged in. I can't see the reason why everyone who is being privacy- and security-orientated and therefore using a VPN for their connection should be locked out of editing even if they are logged in ... Thanks for your time and efforts, -- Marilyn.hanson (talk) 02:24, 26 December 2018 (UTC)

Forgot to say: It's a paid VPN, if it's of relevance ... in the blocking notification, it was stated that you entered as reason for the blocking: "Open proxy" ... -- Marilyn.hanson (talk) 02:26, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
@Marilyn.hanson: Hi! There is currently no global block for this IP or range. If you are still having problems to edit this may be due to one of the local blocks applied on a few projects. It’s not blocked on de.wikipedia, so this won’t be a problem there. Please, tell me if you need anything else. Regards.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 03:07, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
Hello,
thanks for your answer! Unfortunately, today I tried again editing an de.wikipedia while logged in on Wikipedia and using AirVPN and got a very similar blocking notification (in German):
"Du bist aus dem folgenden Grund nicht berechtigt, die Seite zu bearbeiten:
Deine IP-Adresse befindet sich in einem Bereich, der auf allen Wikis gesperrt ist.
Die Sperre wurde durchgeführt von Vituzzu (meta.wikimedia.org). Der angegebene Grund ist hosting service with open proxies such as 82.102.24.0/24.
Beginn der Sperre: 16:25, 25. Apr. 2018
Ablauf der Sperre: 16:25, 25. Apr. 2023
Du kannst Vituzzu kontaktieren, um die Sperre zu diskutieren. Du kannst nicht die Funktion „E-Mail an diesen Benutzer“ benutzen, bis du eine gültige E-Mail-Adresse in deinen Benutzerkonteneinstellungen angegeben hast und du nicht daran gehindert wirst, diese Funktion zu verwenden. Deine aktuelle IP-Adresse ist 82.102.27.195 und der gesperrte Bereich ist 82.102.0.0/19. Bitte beziehe alle obigen Einzelheiten in all deinen Anfragen ein."
So, I think the problem still persists, although I can't reproduce it exactly because of not knowing how to force AirVPN to get the same IP again (if this is possible at all). Just wanted to let you know, and thanks again, -- Marilyn.hanson (talk) 00:13, 10 January 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Project Medicine Foundation MembershipEdit

 
Membership renewal

Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!

Best, Shani & Doc James. 01:57, 28 January 2019 (UTC)

@Esh77 and Doc James: Hi! I have signed it since your announcement on Facebook. Is there a way to confirm that I have done anything correctly? I can do it again in case of need. Regards.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 01:56, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
User:Esh77 will be able to tell you :-) Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 04:32, 29 January 2019 (UTC)

Check this page's informationEdit

If you compare the information noting the ID. Then comparing this edit, and the comment in the overarching filter, which I hope is okay with you. I not, please give me a ping, and I will revert.  — billinghurst sDrewth 13:07, 28 January 2019 (UTC)

@Billinghurst: It's fine! Thanks for telling me!—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 01:54, 29 January 2019 (UTC)

Translation correctnessEdit

Hi Teles. Do you think "administradores" is right for CNBanner:Stewvote-text1/pt? I am not sure ptwiki uses this word to refer to our group. CNBanner:Stewvote-text1/pt-br uses "stewards" though. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 20:56, 6 February 2019 (UTC)

@MarcoAurelio: Not really! “Administradores” is a translation for “sysops” or “administrators”. The proper translation is... none. We use the word “stewards”.
Just out of curiosity, we actually voted years ago to decide what should be the translation and decided that it should remain untranslated.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 21:41, 7 February 2019 (UTC)

PleaseEdit

see this thread; concerned with the Ombudsman Commission. Your opinion is solicited:-) Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 14:18, 7 February 2019 (UTC)

Hello, Winged Blades of Godric. Thanks for the note.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 13:21, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Welcome, can you say something over there? A lack of activity reports, (responding to calls for it after 12 days and preparing that for over a fortnight), sitting on a complaint for months (as it seem to be), not acknowledging other complaints........The activities of the last year's committee don't instill any confidence to a lot many. I will urge you to coordinate with the outgoing members to issue a joint-statement about the barrage of criticism that has been leveled at your (plural) activities, from multiple long-standing users.Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 13:28, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
@Winged Blades of Godric: I understand the concerns and totally agree that OC should have been more responsive. I assure you that this is something that most (if not all) members of OC are aware and willing to address for the next term. Even though I have my opinion, I am not sure if individual statements would help too much. I don't want to run the risk of saying something that doesn't express the opinion of the commission. We are identifying our internal problems has been a while and working on them with WMF in order to better respond to community needs. If community demands an explanation about OC activity, I believe it should receive one.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 14:08, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
I'm glad to hear that. Again, thanks. In light of the statements by multiple respected users, as to the OC-activities of last year, I believe that the outgoing committee has a responsibility to make us aware about what caused their activity rates to take a downward plunge and other aspects......Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 14:20, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
  • Also, a quick count reveals that there ought be 2 cases pending from 2017, which is yet to be resolved. Is that true? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 14:20, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
  • I was looking at the report-archives and the OC seemed to have been pretty efficient until 2017; where it started slacking; probably due to an increased volume of cases. It again made up in the second half of 2017. The first half of 2018 was quite good before the second half went haywire. Why? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 14:34, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
(ed. confl.) @Winged Blades of Godric: We have never mentioned contribution or participation of individual users on reports. However, I am open to suggestions. How do you suggest we to report that? You may want to open the discussion about the reports on other spaces, so we can take the suggestions to OC members and WMF to see how we can improve them without violating privacy policy of course.
There were 2 cases of 2017 to be solved, but they were closed on second semester of 2018. Nothing pending from 2017.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 14:38, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Let's make a rolling count. 2017, 1st half, is the start-span and we are bothered about cases received in 2017 only (we are not concerned about cases received in 2015 or 2016 or 2018) and when they get solved.
You received 21 cases in 2017 1st half, of which 8 were pending. We move to 2nd half, 2017. You received 15 fresh cases; of which 5 were pending. You also resolved the 8 from the previous half. So net pending = 5 only. We move to 2018 1st half. You close 2 cases from 2017. So, you have 3 pending in hand. We move to 2018 2nd half. No case from 2017 were closed.
So, we still have 3 pending cases from 2017 in hand and your reports does not mention them closed. What am I missing? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 14:48, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Now, you mention closing 2 cases from 2017 during 2018 2nd sem (which will do some minimal justice to the activity-levels). But why does the corresponding report fails to mention any stuff about 2017? Also, that still leaves one case from 2017 as unsolved, yet. Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 14:50, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
  • Can you give a table that mentions the number of cases that were recieved in each month (starting 2017 1st sem) and when did they got solved? For example (hypothetical):- Cases A, B and C were reported in 2017 Jan. A was solved in Feb 2017. B in Nov 2017 and C in May 2018. Cases D and E were reported in Feb. Both were solved in April 2017. And, go on like that.......
  • You need not mention about which wiki the request originated from or any allied stuff and I don't see about any remote breach of privacy policy. We can have a far better idea about response-time from your end. Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 07:21, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
  • Also, given that Billinghurst was inactive for the latter semester; why wasn't KRD pulled into being an active member from being an advisor? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 07:30, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
@Winged Blades of Godric: There is no open case from 2017. I will double triple check the table to see if there is something wrong with it. I will send these concerns to other members. If that is a demand of broad community, it’s my opinion that OC should prepare a report about what happened last year and how we are organizing ourselves to avoid any possible issue. Last year was my first one as an OC member and I am far from considering myself experienced on that position, so I am not comfortable to talk about without checking with others. We have to be careful for not exposing cases too much. I have to remind you that there is usually a low level of activity on the group. Exposing too much may be harmful if any private information becomes identifiable somehow (correlation with public dates or actions...).—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 17:34, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
Well, let's see whether this is a demand of broad community:-
I've sent the Commission an email requesting clarity and a public statement, if possible.-Steward Arjaddatz writes over en-wiki about the OC's making any statement over Alex's alleged abuse of tools.
I've also made an onwiki inquiry on Meta.I agree a public statement from the OC and/or WMF would be appropriate.-Ex--steward and en-wiki sysop Rschen554 raises the same query about whether the OC has got anything to say over Alex's case.
Katie, an en-wiki arbitrator (and a co-signatory to the OC-complaint) notes that the case request was filed in August'18 and that they have not updated us on the status of the investigation nor have they given us a time frame for completion.
Rschen writes that It is disturbing that they have not given an update in several months. I think that is completely unacceptable on their end. I have started a more pointed inquiry on Meta
SQL, another en-wiki admin notes This is not a surprise to me. I made a report back in November to the OC, and had to ask in December if it had even been received. I still have not heard back since the acknowledgement.
TRM, an ex-admin and bureaucrat notes that Ombudsmen usually issue statements about significant cases, rather than stay silent (perpetually). This would be a good opportunity for the "Ombudsman" to speak to the community.
Drmies, an admin and ex-arb agrees with TRM and wishes that the Ombudsman/woman/men would be more present. He provides some evidence about the fact that the OC did work; at-least in the far past.
TRM brands the OC to be a mythical creature and notes that if the "Ombudsman" has any substance (indeed, I'm not even clear if they exist, I have my own concerns [see below] which may need to be addressed, but I doubt this "Ombudsman" even has any credence), then they will release a statement and cover this issue properly.
Beeblebrox, an ex-arbitrator and sysop notes that I can also see the source of TRM's skepticism as apparently the OC forgot to tell anyone what they'd been up to for the entirety of last year. Now that all this is going down they are "working on it".
Arjaddatz agrees that the OC lacks responsiveness.
Rschen notes that from what I've seen (both onwiki and during my steward term) they don't seem to be responsive, and when they are responsive they sometimes make some odd pronouncements. I remember that a large number of CUs/stewards on checkuser-l sharply disagreed with the findings of one case that happened when I was on the list.
Beeblebrox notes that they usually at least issue activity reports every six months, which they have failed to do at all for 2018. These reports are very basic and I can't see how, given their usual caseload, it would take more than hour to get them done, yet despite repeated requests for them they've not been done.
BuRob13; a sysop and a current arbitrator agrees with Beeblebrox's above comments and notes it to be a substantial problem.
Galahad, a newly inducted OC member writes I can only say that the commission is still investigating this case. Per the change of members, the case take more time for resolution.
Arjaddatz wonders about why the previous group didn't respond within five months.
Beeblebrox mentions about Galahad's comment sounding like the previous group've done nothing and left it for the new guys. He remarks it to be not encouraging.
Beblebrox further goes on to write about the important questions (that) are raised by this situation, like is it normal for issues to take six months to be dealt with, is the staff aware of these long delays.
You post the activity report over Meta.
Rschen writes that the activity report for the second half of 2018 was just released, and it is quite concerning:Only 2 cases were closed, and 12 cases are still open. What happened?
Thryduulf, an ex-arb and an admin raises a question about the statistics over the OC-report t/p.
Swarm, an admin writes that These revelations about the apparent ineffectiveness of the OC are arguably more concerning than Alex's violations! It looks like TRM's statements about the commission not even existing are not simply exaggerated rhetoric.
Opabinia Regalis, a sitting arb, writes over ARC that I do feel like a bit of a chump now for having said at the time that surely the ombudsmen wouldn't take too long....
Rschen writes over ARC that the OC really dropped the ball here.
Add to the above long list, me.
Pray tell me; how many more requests would assist you (and other members) in understanding the bare-bones fact that the community is hardly any satisfied with your last year's performance-card?
You seem to be pretty sure about no case, being open from 2017 but the data ton't tally. That means we are hardly able to trust on your reports either which does not bear any well for a body, suffering from a trust-deficit.
I understand that there are privacy and confidentiality implications but I don't see about how they are remotely affected by the statistics that I seek. Obviously, I also understand that it's your second year at the committee and the derived conservative-ness but accountability is a core value; that can't be afforded to be spared with.
And, I thus hope that you play an active role in engaging with fellow members to issue a meaningful joint-statement about what happened last year and what did you learn from it.
Also, please answer my questions about Billinghurst being not substituted by KRD. I also note in passing that an ex-member has noted that some members were perpetually inactive and that the group-dynamics nearly collapsed. Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 08:47, 10 February 2019 (UTC)
@Winged Blades of Godric: I am not sure if I can or should answer all of your questions. What I can say is that - more than anyone - OC members know that the whole group needs to improve and we are working on it. I have a large respect for those that left and once helped the group to work and build its procedures. I won't run the risk of saying anything to damage their image or throw an user to the lions. OC members are not chosen by community and those that are responsible for chosing them are aware of who is active or not. So, I don't think it is helpful to come out with names. I will send the complaints to the group and WMF. Thank you for caring and helping us to improve.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 00:46, 11 February 2019 (UTC)

The OC is a pretty important role. By practically refusing to investigate cases you're pretty much sending the message to all CUs that they can set their own rules and ignore the privacy policy (and we both know that there are some wikis that have very little oversight of CU). Is this the message that you want to send? --Rschen7754 23:39, 10 February 2019 (UTC)

@Rschen7754: Not really. We are pretty much aware of the problems and I have no doubt they will be fixed shortly. I don't talk on behalf of OC, but it is safe to say that everyone is interested on improving our work. Community can still trust the commission to help with what they need from it.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 00:46, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
Thanks, and apologies if that came off too harsh. I just know that if I was on an OC that wasn't closing cases, I wouldn't have slept very well at night. --Rschen7754 08:05, 11 February 2019 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit

Hello Teles! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:43, 20 February 2019 (UTC)

Elections for 5 seats on the board of WPMEDF & Annual MeetingEdit

Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:16, 11 March 2019 (UTC)

Range blockEdit

Hello. I'm (obviously) not on it now, but I did some editing yesterday on en:wiki from ‎2a01:4c8:102c:dda3:9503:10c1:3055:a0a5 then found it was blocked by you along with all of 2A01:4C8:0:0:0:0:0:0/32

I must confess I don't really know how these rangeblocks work, and I can't see what the abuse was that led you to make the block. I assume that it was not my editing since I haven't done anything even faintly illegitimate? Could you please confirm that? It just felt a bit consequential, even if it is not! :)

thanks and regards, 82.39.96.55 09:39, 23 March 2019 (UTC)

Hello! I had to apply this rangeblock yesterday as it was used for clear vandalism. If you didn't do anything wrong, you shouldn't worry about it as they are not related to anything you have done. The block was set to expire soon. In case you face any problem to edit, please feel free to write me here or by email. Regards.—Teles «Talk to me ˱C L @ S˲» 17:02, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
Ah, fine, thanks very much! I see it is already unblocked now, so great. Thanks and best wishes 82.39.96.55 01:12, 24 March 2019 (UTC)

Unlock name. Black list.Edit

Greetings. Can I unlock a name? In 2013, there was a conflict of interest. The article was added to the text and pictures of the author. The author has mostly esoteric and spiritual themes. Over the years, there have been links to the media. Or do I need to create this in a blacklist discussion? It is possible that in 2013 the articles were more advertising, but over the years everything has changed. Does it make sense for me to create this topic in the blacklist discussions, since Someone may consider that the articles were advertising or was spam? There was a text about the artist, several links, and his work. Here are examples of his work: https://pp.userapi.com/c845418/v845418689/208346/HufEUlRWsfA.jpg

Names: Alexander Tatarnikov, DiezelSun.

HelloEdit

Hello Teles, I want to talk you abot User:Taamu. He is administrator of Ossetian Wikipedia. Before 2008 Samachablo (South Ossetia) is occupied by Russia, it is territory of Georgia. Two georgian user were talked him about him, but he deleted my edit about maps, and territory of Georgia has Map of ,,South Ossetia. And he said Tskhinvali (city of Georgia) is capital of South Ossetia, help me please! Goodbye!--ჯეო (talk) 08:10, 9 May 2019 (UTC)

Return to the user page of "Teles".