Invitation to participate in the #SheSaid Campaign 2021Edit
Dear Prithee P,
We are delighted to share with you that the #SheSaid Campaign will be running again this year and you are invited to participate in Oct/Nov 2021.The goal is to celebrate notable women and add more entries on Wikiquote. Please have a look at some of the cool bookmarks we have completed and ready for you to print if you wish to do so. If you would like to have the editable version of the bookmark please contact me at Shoodho , visit some sample of bookmarks here:Bookmarks.For more information, please visit the campaign page here:SheSaid page If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact Islahaddow, Anthere or Shoodho
Kind regards, Shoodho
Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP CampaignEdit
Hello Prithee P,
Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.
We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.
We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.
Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Hello Prithee P,
Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.
We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.
If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.
The Signpost: 31 October 2021Edit
- From the editor: Different stories, same place
- News and notes: The sockpuppet who ran for adminship and almost succeeded
- Discussion report: Editors brainstorm and propose changes to the Requests for adminship process
- Recent research: Welcome messages fail to improve newbie retention
- Community view: Reflections on the Chinese Wikipedia
- Traffic report: James Bond and the Giant Squid Game
- Technology report: Wikimedia Toolhub, winners of the Coolest Tool Award, and more
- Serendipity: How Wikipedia helped create a Serbian stamp
- Book review: Wikipedia and the Representation of Reality
- WikiProject report: Redirection
- Humour: A very Wiki crossword
The Signpost: 29 November 2021Edit
- In the media: Denial: climate change, mass killings and pornography
- WikiCup report: The WikiCup 2021
- Deletion report: What we lost, what we gained
- From a Wikipedia reader: What's Matt Amodio?
- Arbitration report: ArbCom in 2021
- Discussion report: On the brink of change – RFA reforms appear imminent
- Technology report: What does it take to upload a file?
- WikiProject report: Interview with contributors to WikiProject Actors and Filmmakers
- Serendipity: "Did You Know ..." featured a photo of the wrong female WWII pilot
- News from Diff: Content translation tool helps create one million Wikipedia articles
- Traffic report: Reporting ticket sales on the edge of the Wiki, if Eternals should fail
- Recent research: Vandalizing Wikipedia as rational behavior
- Humour: A very new very Wiki crossword
The Signpost: 28 December 2021Edit
- From the editor: Here is the news
- News and notes: Jimbo's NFT, new arbs, fixing RfA, and financial statements
- Serendipity: Born three months before her brother?
- In the media: The past is not even past
- Arbitration report: A new crew for '22
- By the numbers: Four billion words and a few numbers
- Deletion report: We laughed, we cried, we closed as "no consensus"
- Gallery: Wikicommons presents: 2021
- Traffic report: Spider-Man, football and the departed
- Crossword: Another Wiki crossword for one and all
- Humour: Buying Wikipedia
The Signpost: 30 January 2022Edit
- Special report: WikiEd course leads to Twitter harassment
- News and notes: Feedback for Board of Trustees election
- Interview: CEO Maryana Iskander "four weeks in"
- Black History Month: What are you doing for Black History Month?
- Deletion report: Ringing in the new year: Subject notability guideline under discussion
- WikiProject report: The Forgotten Featured
- Arbitration report: New arbitrators look at new case and antediluvian sanctions
- Traffic report: The most viewed articles of 2021
- Gallery: No Spanish municipality without a photograph
- Obituary: Twofingered Typist
- Op-Ed: Identifying and rooting out climate change denial
- Essay: The prime directive
- Opinion: Should the Wikimedia Foundation continue to accept cryptocurrency donations?
- In the media: Fuzzy-headed government editing
- Recent research: Articles with higher quality ratings have fewer "knowledge gaps"
- Serendipity: Pooh entered the Public Domain – but Tigger has to wait two more years
- Crossword: Cross swords with a crossword
The Signpost: 27 February 2022Edit
- From the team: Selection of a new Signpost Editor-in-Chief
- News and notes: Impacts of Russian invasion of Ukraine
- Special report: A presidential candidate's team takes on Wikipedia
- In the media: Wiki-drama in the UK House of Commons
- Technology report: Community Wishlist Survey results
- WikiProject report: 10 years of tea
- Featured content: Featured Content returns
- Deletion report: The 10 most SHOCKING deletion discussions of February
- Recent research: How editors and readers may be emotionally affected by disasters and terrorist attacks
- Arbitration report: Parties remonstrate, arbs contemplate, skeptics coordinate
- Gallery: The vintage exhibit
- Traffic report: Euphoria, Pamela Anderson, lies and Netflix
- News from Diff: The Wikimania 2022 Core Organizing Team
- Crossword: A Crossword, featuring Featured Articles
- Humour: Notability of mailboxes
The Signpost: 27 March 2022Edit
- From the team: We stand in solidarity with Ukraine
- News and notes: Of safety and anonymity
- Eyewitness Wikimedian – Kharkiv, Ukraine: Countering Russian aggression with a camera
- Eyewitness Wikimedian – Vinnytsia, Ukraine: War diary
- Eyewitness Wikimedian – Western Ukraine: Working with Wikipedia helps
- Disinformation report: The oligarchs' socks
- In the media: Ukraine, Russia, and even some other stuff
- Wikimedian perspective: My heroes from Russia, Ukraine & beyond
- Discussion report: Athletes are less notable now
- Technology report: 2022 Wikimedia Hackathon
- Arbitration report: Skeptics given heavenly judgement, whirlwind of Discord drama begins to spin for tropical cyclone editors
- Traffic report: War, what is it good for?
- Deletion report: Ukraine, werewolves, Ukraine, YouTube pundits, and Ukraine
- From the archives: Burn, baby burn
- Essay: Yes, the sky is blue
- Tips and tricks: Become a keyboard ninja
- On the bright side: The bright side of news
The Signpost: 24 April 2022Edit
- News and notes: Double trouble
- In the media: The battlegrounds outside and inside Wikipedia
- Special report: Ukrainian Wikimedians during the war
- Eyewitness Wikimedian – Vinnytsia, Ukraine: War diary (Part 2)
- Technology report: 8-year-old attribution issues in Media Viewer
- Featured content: Wikipedia's best content from March
- Interview: On a war and a map
- Serendipity: Wikipedia loves photographs, but hates photographers
- Traffic report: Justice Jackson, the Smiths, and an invasion
- News from the WMF: How Smart is the SMART Copyright Act?
- Humour: Really huge message boxes
- From the archives: Wales resigned WMF board chair in 2006 reorganization
The Signpost: 29 May 2022Edit
- From the team: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/From the team
- News and notes: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/News and notes
- Community view: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Community view
- In the media: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/In the media
- Special report: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Special report
- Discussion report: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Discussion report
- WikiProject report: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/WikiProject report
- Technology report: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Technology report
- Featured content: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Featured content
- Recent research: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Recent research
- Tips and tricks: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Tips and tricks
- Traffic report: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/Traffic report
- News from Diff: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/News from Diff
- News from the WMF: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/News from the WMF
- From the archives: en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2022-05-29/From the archives
The Signpost: 26 June 2022Edit
- News and notes: WMF inks new rules on government-ordered takedowns, blasts Russian feds' censor demands, spends big bucks
- In the media: Editor given three-year sentence, big RfA makes news, Guy Standing takes it sitting down
- Special report: "Wikipedia's independence" or "Wikimedia's pile of dosh"?
- Featured content: Articles on Scots' clash, Yank's tux, Austrian's action flick deemed brilliant prose
- Recent research: Wikipedia versus academia (again), tables' "immortality" probed
- Serendipity: Was she really a Swiss lesbian automobile racer?
- News from the WMF: Wikimedia Enterprise signs first deals
- Gallery: Celebration of summer, winter