User talk:Afifa Afrin
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipientsEdit
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Wikimedia Diversity Conference: We need your help!Edit
Dear User:Afifa Afrin,
Thank you for signing up to be an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017! Some of the conference pages are now marked for translation. Please consider translating these pages to the languages you know so that people around the world can read about Wikimedia Diversity Conference in the languages they are familiar with. Please click on the 'Translate this page ' link on top of the main page of the conference to start translating! We are grateful that ambassadors like you are striving to make the Diversity Conference truly global and multi-linguistic. --Netha Hussain (talk) 15:06, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow upEdit
Hello Afifa Afrin,
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Wiki Loves FoodEdit
Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here. --Abhinav619 (talk) 09:06, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!