CIS-A2K/Requests/Archive 2023

CIS-A2K requests page
Archives of CIS-A2K requests

2013
(January—June, July—December)
2014
(January—June, July—December)
2015
(January—June, July—December)
2016
(January—June), July—December)
2017
(January—June, July—December)
2018
(January-June, July-December)
2019
(January-June, July-December)
2020
(January-June, July-December)
2021
(January-June, July-December)
2022
(January-June, July-December)
2023
(January-November)

There are some guidelines for Community Events and Projects support. Community Events and Projects support, based on the below guidelines. Through such support, CIS-A2K would like to help catalyze community driven events, projects and celebrations of key milestones. You are requested to go through the following guidelines before making an application:

  • Only Indian citizens are eligible for this support.
  • Please sign in to your Wikimedia account to post your request.
  • clock icon
    The community may plan for on-ground events like one-two day workshops, edit-a-thons or photo walks as well as online edit-a-thons or contests of one week to one month duration. The projects could be of one month to maximum three months duration.
  • clock icon
    The applicant will need to seek the support from the community on the respective project village pump. After the discussion, at least 5 active community members should support the request. Then the application will be placed in the Events & Projects section of the CIS-A2K request page.
  • Kindly apply 30 days in advance for projects/events with a budget of less than INR 40,000/- and 60 days in advance for projects/events with budgets exceeding INR 40,000/-.
  • You are strongly advised to notify all Indian mailing lists, language-specific mailing lists and village pumps about the proposed event or project and the requested grant.
  • The project proposal should include a clear scope, objectives, implementation plan, deliverables and expected impact. The project budget can be up to a maximum of INR 1,00,000/-.
  • If the requested project budget exceeds INR 40,000, then a project evaluation committee formed by CIS-A2K will evaluate the project.
  • Once the estimated budget is approved for the event, the community has to take care of the expenses according to the approved budget.
  • If the actual expenses exceed more than 10% of the approved budget, the project coordinator has to provide a valid explanation for the same for getting the sanction.
  • All the event expenses bills should be in the name of CIS-A2K, except for public transport & travel tickets.
  • All the original bills for expenses incurred for the event should be submitted to CIS-A2K by speed post, as we are statutorily obligated to provide these for an Audit.
  • Flight tickets will only be considered if the travel distance is more than 1000 km with prior approval well in advance.
  • Reimbursement of travel, stay and food will be done as per norms set by CIS-A2K.
  • When the event is happening, one of the CIS-A2K programme staff needs to be involved either remotely or in person.
  • clock icon
    After the project completion, the project report submission on Meta is mandatory.
  • Wikimedia Foundation & CIS contractors, grantees, and staff will not be eligible for this support.


Click here to submit your request

Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.


Event details edit


Description edit

The Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project is the first international collaboration that the Deoband Community Wikimedia has started with Yoruba Wikimedians User Group on 25 June 2022, with the first drive starting on 1 July 2022. The first drive is supposed to aid us in adding twenty articles related to the theme of Deoband Community Wikimedia on Yoruba language Wikipedia, which is perhaps the first such try. Subsequently, over twenty articles related to Yoruba will be added on Urdu Wikipedia. The project has only begun with this, but we look forward to organize such collaborations for other native languages as well.

The DYCP project is expected to promote international collaborations among Wikimedia affiliates and increase the quality of existing articles on Urdu and Yoruba Wikipedias for now. It would also allow Deoband Community Wikimedia to do more international collaborations in future, aimed at developing native language Wikipedias as well.

We expect about 20 volunteers to participate in this drive, who all will be given an e-certificate, I'm not aware of designing charges, and this is first thing we need help for. I'm actually here to request t-shirts at the least for top three Indian Wikimedians (and organizer) participating in this drive. It'll be a nice token of appreciation for them from the DCW. I hope CIS helps us with this. Please let me know if you have any questions. DCW has always been thankful to CIS for their tremendous support.

If there are t-shirts available at the office of CIS, that would be best. Otherwise, I'll try to get information about the costs of t-shirts locally. The idea is that the t-shirts need to have a logo of the DCW on the back. ─ The Aafī (talk) 13:36, 1 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Hi User:TheAafi, thank you for your request. I have forwarded your request to the A2K team and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:44, 4 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi again User:TheAafi, thank you for posting a wonderful request. It seems an interesting project and amazing collaboration. This request is   Approved and please note we can send appreciation stuff or t-shirts in India only. If you have any questions and for our further conversation please email at nitesh@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:55, 11 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit


The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Digitalizing Sikh Manuscripts edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.



Event details edit

  • Language community and project : Punjabi Wikimedians and Digitalizing Sikh Manuscripts
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): village pump discussion
  • Start date of preparation: 9 July 2022
  • Start date of project: 16 July 2022
  • End date of project: 15 September 2022
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavor: 30 September 2022
  • Event page:Digitalizing Sikh Manuscripts

Description edit

  • What are the Proposed activities?
  • Field Visit : 3 to 4 Visits
  • Scanning of Manuscripts : 30 manuscripts (a rough number) which may include a round figure of 1000 pages
  • Uploading these manuscripts on Punjabi Wikisource and encouraging Punjabi Community to work on it.
  • What are the Expected impact?

Punjabi Culture and history are very rich in the context of medieval period literature but one of the biggest concern towards it that there are very less number of initiatives to digitize and put it into public domain. Most of these texts are in public domain but these are out of public access because these are kept at some specific places which aren't in access of many people so this project is important not from the conservation view but also their educational and cultural value. This project can help a lot of researchers, readers and students to know Punjabi ancient and Medieval literature.

  • What is the Estimate budget (give it with a detailed break-up)?
Estimated BUDGET
Sr. No. Activity Cost (In INR) Remarks
1 Scanning Manuscripts 5000 Rs. 5 per page
2 Travel and Accommodation 12000 3000 per visit (estimated)
3 Food 8000 2000 per visit (estimated)
4 Safety Equipment 3000 Chemical required during scanning for safety of manuscripts
5 Community Engagement 10000 One day meetup about its report to community
6 Miscellanous 5000 If we get more manuscripts and vacant time, we will scan more pages.
Total 43000 INR

Thanking you. Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 17:37, 25 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi Gaurav Jhammat, thanks for your request. This request is   Approved. Please get in touch with nitesh@cis-india.org for further conversation. Regards. Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:06, 5 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks Jayanta Sir for approving our request. Now we can start the work on the planned dates. Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 07:52, 5 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Endorsements edit

Discussion edit

Report link edit

Hi everyone .. here's the report of this event for which we took this grant. Our estimated ask was 43,000 which had included 4 visits and one event for community engagement. We finished our target count in just two visits so we didn't have any need of more visits. In this event, we faced some challenges which we have already described above. So we need more support and volunteers from community if we proceed this project further. In that case, we will do a event in which we will train interested members about scanning work and also discuss how to proceed this project further. Whenever this happens, we will inform you. Till date, we have received 20,000 from you in which we only spend 19099 INR. So, currently we don't need any financial help for this. Thanks for helping us. One question, how can we return the balance amount to you? --Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 19:57, 17 October 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@Gaurav Jhammat, Thank you report. As discussed internally in our team that you may use the remaining amount to your next community events. And kindly send the bills/invoices to medini@cis-india.org for our records. Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 13:49, 11 November 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Request support for the conclave seminar edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.



Karavali Wikimedians User Group, Karnataka Arebhashe Samskruthi mathu Sahitya Academy, St Aloysius College (Autonomous) Mangaluru are collaborating & conducting a one-day conclave seminar. This seminar is regarding endangered languages for patronage & digitizing of books which will be held in mid-June. We are aiming to improve awareness activity and reach Karavali Wikimedians Users Groups. During this Conclave, Karnataka Arebhashe Samskruthi mathu Sahitya Academy will release its dictionary which has 16000+ Arebhashe words. This dictionary was made by two Wikimedians who are active members of Karnataka Arebhashe Samskruthi mathu Sahitya Academy. The Academy will also facilitate those Wikipedians who contributed to this project.

We request CIS-A2K to provide financial support & travel, accommodations for speakers & Wikipedians. Along with swags like eco-friendly Bags, stickers, and badges.

The requested budget break up is as follows.

Traveling allowance - Rs. 7,000/- (for Guest and Resource persons)
Accommodation - Rs. 10,000/- (for Resource persons)
Designing & Printing of Posters, mementos, eco-friendly bags, and stationeries - Rs. 15,000/-
Miscellaneous - Rs.2000/-
Total - 34,000/-

--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 17:51, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Endorsements edit

Hello User:Vishwanatha Badikana, Thank you so much for your request. I have forwarded your request to the team and I will get back to you within the next 24 hours.

Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:50, 29 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello again User:Vishwanatha Badikana, thanks for your request once again. The team has a few things to be clear. Could you please clarify a few questions below?
  • Please let us know about the number of participants?
  • How you are going to invite participants?
  • Who will be the resource persons as you mentioned?

If you can reply to these questions then we will proceed accordingly. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 11:16, 30 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) Hello, thank you for your querry.
  1. We are inviting more than 10 colleges around this region and almost 50 (Student and Lectures) participants will participate along with language scholars. However, the program is held in St Aloysius College Mangaluru auditorium. The College Wikipedia Association will take a major role in it.
  2. Through social media platform and personal invitations.
  3. Details are updated here
Regards--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 16:55, 30 May 2022 (UTC)]Reply[reply]
Hello User:Vishwanatha Badikana, thanks for your response.
  • Can you please share some details or provide a breakup of travel (such as number of interstate travels) and accommodation (number of people being accommodated)?
  • Please share some details about the merchandise items, how many merchandise items will be prepared?

Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 16:31, 31 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) Greeting the day, thank you for your response, details are below

Estimated budget details edit

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Rate Cost (in  )
Travel 3 Experts (Two From Bengaluru + One from Pune)  (1,500X2X2way)+ (2000X1X2way)  10,000
Accommodation 3 Experts and 1 Guest   2,500   10,000
Wikipedia T - Shirt 30   300   9000
Eco friendly Jute Bag along with Karavali Wikimedia Logo 50   150   7500
Certificate 50   10   500
Statioanary Items 50 Files, Pens, loģo sticker etc   50   2500
Grand Total ₹39500
Regards –Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 06:37, 1 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]


Hello User:Vishwanatha Badikana, thanks for your response. We hope to close this discussion soon from our side.
  • We have gone through the event page and details page, and can you please let us know how this Conclave helps Wikimedia projects/Wikimedians and how to connect this event with your user group works?
  • As of now, we are not sure about supporting the merchandise items. As we understand the merchandise items will be distributed among the students and participants. Please let us know how you want to use the proposed merchandise? Are the certificates planned as "certificates for participation"?

Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 11:58, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello User:Nitesh (CIS-A2K)
  • The conclave seminar is exclusively for Wikimedians, and the two key speakers are Wikipedians as well and experts in this subject.

This programme is considered under Wiki Education programme, As a professor of kannada department of St Alosyious College(Autonomous) Mangaluru, I am organizing this programme along with academy and our User Group so I am once again reiterating this is Wiki Education programme.

  • As mentioned above merchandise is distributed to active members of Karavali Wikimedians and Wikipedia student association.
  • As a custom of motivation we are giving certificate to participants especially lectures and students which are very useful for their extra Curricular activities and grading.

with regards--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 16:38, 3 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello User:Vishwanatha Badikana, thank you so much for answering the questions. This request is   Approved. For further conversation please get in touch with nitesh@cis-india.org or medini@cis-india.org. Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:27, 7 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear User:Nitesh (CIS-A2K), thank you for your kind support. Please find the report here--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 10:50, 15 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Total Expenses Incurred for the Conclave edit

Our expenditure for conclave went up slightly beyond our expectation since we were forced to provide flight facility to couple of our resource persons. And the participation of delegates was above our expectation and the expenses incurred for stationary and other expenditures was beyond our budget.


Actual Budget
Item Details Nos Rate Cost (in  )
Travel 3 Experts (three from Bengaluru)  ((2Air+ 1Train)X2way)  26,411
Accommodation 2 Experts(1+2day)  1,792   5,794
Wikipedia T - Shirt 30   315   9450
Eco friendly Jute Bag along with Karavali Wikimedia Logo 100   125   12,500
Certificate 50   8.40   420
Stationery Items 100 Files, Pens, logo sticker etc   61.50   6,150
Grand Total ₹60,695
The above table is detailed expenses incurred for our seminar conclave. Thank you for your continued support and guidance. –Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 04:19, 7 October 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear User:Vishwanatha Badikana sir, thank you so much for maintaining transparency. As we talked about earlier, A2K can reimburse the approved amount of 39,500/- only. Thank you for your cooperation and I would like to say that please update your report link under your request section. Thank you Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 07:05, 16 October 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit


The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Organising Editathon related to Finance and Stock Market on Gujarati Wikipedia edit

Event details edit

Description edit

  • What are the Proposed activities?:Creating new pages and expanding existing pages related to a range of financial topics like the history of finance, the history of the stock market, the stock market in India, laws regarding security exchange, books on finance, basic terminologies and concepts of finance etc.
  • What are the Expected impact?: Multiple impacts are expected.
  1. Most of the native Gujarati speakers are active in the financial landscape of India. Gujarat is famous for financial literacy but still essential articles like Stock Market, Bombay Stock Exchange are absent on Gujarati Wikipedia. We expect those articles need to be created so that they will educate more and more people, along with bringing more audience to our Wikipedia.
  2. In the past 3 editathons, thanks to the support of CIS-A2K, we have created and expanded more than 500 articles in total. This is a big number for Gujarati Wikipedia project, considering th number of total articles are just near to 30,000.
  3. This will bring new volunteers for our project since this is the activity which most Gujaratis are interested into.
  • What is the Estimate budget (give it with a detailed break-up)? The prizes would be as given: ₹4000 (first), ₹3500 (second), ₹3000 (third), ₹2500 (fourth), ₹2000 (fifth), ₹1000 (four incentive prizes). In total, it would be around ₹20,000. --Brihaspati (talk) 14:45, 5 October 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Endorsements edit

Discussion edit

Dear @Brihaspati, thank you for your request. As you know, A2K is setting up some policies and guidelines for respective requests. As of now, A2K reopened internet support and we are making sure, we will publish it within 10 days. I hope you can understand the situation. Will get back to you soon :) Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:25, 8 November 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Dear @Brihaspati, I hope you are doing well. Apologies for getting back to you too late, we are aware you made your request a few months ago, however, A2K closed its request page for a few months because A2K had been working on the policies and guidelines of the request page. Now, all the policies and guidelines are updated for respective requests, you can also go through with the request once. I want to request please choose your respective tabs according to tabs, like, for this request. Also, you can modify your request accordingly and reopen it. If you need any help or have any doubts you can communicate via email at program@cis-india.org or nitesh@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 12:02, 26 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

Request for Library Membership for sourcing books for Gujarati Wikisource edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.



Event details edit

  • Language community and project : Gujarati Wikisource
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): link
  • Start date of preparation: NA
  • Start date of project: 01/01/20222 (Depending upon Membership Receipt)
  • End date of project:One year from the date of Project Start.
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavor:One Year and further continuation
  • Event page:

Description edit

During CIS-A2K/Events/Gujarati Wikisource Community skill-building workshop held in September 2022, the Gujarati Wikisource Community discussed difficulties in access and availability of Gujarati public domain books, especially old/out-of-print public domain books for scanning and uploading on Wikisource. The Community felt that an access to the large and old libraries can be a good and consistent source of such books. The membership charges for such government-run libraries are generally nominal. The community discussion was held on Scriptorium (સભાખંડ) regarding this which can be found here. The community agreed that a membership, preferably a lifetime membership, will be a great help to the community and it should be taken in name of one of the community members, s:gu:User:Modern Bhatt, who is a local resident of Ahmadabad and will serve as a volunteer for the purpose.

Following two major libraries located in Ahmadabad are selected:

Thus total membership fees will be Rs. 5000/-

These libraries provide books for a period of one month, subject to renewal every 15 days, which require the volunteer to visit it every 15 days. As these libraries are around 15 kms away from the residence of the volunteer, the community also requests a grant in form of scholarship of Rs. 5000 to cover these traveling / auxiliary expenses for procuring books from the library for period of one year.

For memberships of these libraries and post expenses as mentioned above, the community requests to provide a total grant of Rs. 10,000. After getting memberships of these libraries, we will start scanning and uploading public domain books on Wikimedia Commons accessed from these libraries. We wish to upload about 30 books in following 12 months.

Endorsements edit

On Scriptorium of Gujarati WikiSource - s:gu:વિકિસ્રોત:સભાખંડ#પુસ્તકો મેળવવા પુસ્તકાલયનું સભ્ય પદ

--Meghdhanu (talk) 12:19, 16 October 2022 (UTC) (on behalf of community)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Dear @Meghdhanu, thank you for your request. As you know, A2K is setting up some policies and guidelines for respective requests. As of now, A2K reopened internet support and we are making sure, we will publish it within 10 days. I hope you can understand the situation. Will get back to you soon :) Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:17, 8 November 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Meghdhanu, I hope you are doing well. Apologies for getting back to you too late, we are aware you made your request a few months ago, however, A2K closed its request page for a few months because A2K had been working on the policies and guidelines of the request page. Now, all the policies and guidelines are updated for respective requests, you can also go through the request page policies once. Also, you can modify your request accordingly and reopen it. If you need help or have doubts, you can email program@cis-india.org or nitesh@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 12:04, 26 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Nitesh (CIS-A2K), It has been quite some time and we have arranged for scanning infrastructure for scanning. We are not able to proceed for want of resource book from library. Kindly let us know if any modification is required as per new policy in the current pending request. If not, Kindly lets know the decision about the request asap. --Meghdhanu (talk) 17:28, 26 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Meghdhanu, thank you so much for your reply. Your request seems good. I am forwarding your request to the A2K team and will get back to you soon with follow-up questions or responses from the A2K team. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 07:27, 30 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Meghdhanu, thanks for being patient. This request is   Approved. We hope you will update the report section after getting the support and it's required to track the activities and analysis the support which is given by A2K. If you have any questions or queries you can reach us at program@cis-inida.org. To go ahead with the support please email us at nitesh@cis-india.org and medini@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:48, 15 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit


The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

One day workshop for College Assistant Professors of Tamil Community edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.




Project Event details edit

Description edit

  • Why this event or project? (Please explain the objectives or purpose behind this activity)
Tamil Wikisource Community already in the first position among Indic Wikisource proofreading. We already coducted Ten online workshops for few colleges. Due to that, few college students partcipated in the recent and previous Indic Wikisource proofread-a-thons. With these experiences, I/we want to conduct a in-person outreach programme about the Tamil Wikisource nuances and edit methods among selected college staffs as a one day event. The attendees are from various colleges around Tamil nadu. Second week of April, 2023. If we conduct the workshop that will give good outcomes. After the discussion. we decided to conduct this workshop on 8 April 2023 at The SKACAS college language lab for twenty college teaching staffs from various colleges of Tamil Nadu. SKACAS college is in Coimbatore Nearly ten college teaching staffs are coming from other towns of Tamil Nadu. For them, we are going to book 6 rooms in an hotel.
  • What are the Proposed activities? (Give the detailed plan of action with timeline)
Introducution to wikimedia projects and the role of Tamil Wikisouce data production for data sciece with screencasts and hands-on session.

Event Schedule edit

  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)
Resource persons : info-farmer (SUL) and Nethania Shalom (Python geek, Winner of Indian Wikisource proofread-a-thon November 2022)
  • What are the expected output and impact? (Explain with the detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of articles created, no. of uploads etc.)
  • The college staffs will expand the Tamil wikisource newbies.
  • Collaboration with ten colleges
  • During the workshop : Better strategy planning to expand 'Tamil Literary Poetries'
  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?
  • This is an approximate expenditure based up on the workshop venue and expected volume of participants. Total funding needed = ₹ 48,000

Budget edit

Proposed Budget
Item Details No of persons Cost (in  ) Description
Accommodation 4*2 = 8 persons 4*2500 = 10,000 4 Double rooms (including resource persons.)
Transport 2000*10 20,000 10 persons including Resource persons transport.
Local Transport & Food; venue clean-up 20 persons 6000 Local Travel & Food including resource persons.
Food and Snacks 20 persons 12,000 Event day lunch and Tea
Grand Total ₹48,000
Note: CoimbatoreComputer Lab with generator is available as free from college only on 8 April 2023
If we have book a seminar hall which is outside the college, for that we have to pay ₹ 10,000 for 3 hours. So, ₹30,000 additional expenses will come. Because, Coimbatore is a Industrial, metropolitan city. So Kindly, give acceptance to conduct the event in the college.

Endorsements edit

  1.   Strong support Assist.Professor Dr. Sathiya_raj (Neyakkoo) is one of the vigilant and leading college outreach person of Tamil Wikisource Community. This event is a month of preparation. The outcome of the event will be in good progress for Tamil community . --Info-farmer (talk) 16:41, 29 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Support--TVA ARUN (talk) 10:56, 2 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3.   Support Guruleninn (talk) 13:56, 2 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4.   Support --Yasosri (talk) 15:41, 2 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5.   Support--Rabiyathul (talk) 15:58, 2 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  6.   Support----சத்திரத்தான் (talk) 09:01, 3 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  7.   Support---- Tnse anita cbe(talk)
  8. --N.Uma Maheswari Murali (talk) 13:10, 7 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  9. --Fathima Shaila (talk) 14:48, 13 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Dear @Info-farmer, thanks for your elaborative request. Please make sure your request is according to policies and guidelines. I am highlighting one thing here your budget is more than 50,000/- and you requested on 29 Dec, your event date is 10 January 2023 which can not be possible because there is already mentioned above, The community may plan for on-ground events like one-two day workshops, edit-a-thons or photo walks as well as online edit-a-thons or contests of one week to one-month duration. The projects could be of one month to a maximum of three months duration. Please go through with the request and revise your dates after discussing it with the community and partners, so, I can forward your request to the team and committee. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:04, 30 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks for the quick response. We reduced the budget from ₹71,000 to ₹48,200 (Reduced 25 persons to 20 persons.) Kindly accept this application because we already missed many opportunities. Talking with college administration is little bit diffcult. Info-farmer (talk) 10:35, 30 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Info-farmer, Thanks for your reply. I am not pointing out the money but time period is a major problem. We need proper time to review the applications. I hope you can understand and update the request. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 12:48, 4 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Nitesh (CIS-A2K) Thanks. I forwarded this message to @DR. T. SATHIYARAJ. I hope he will convey this timeline to his college. Info-farmer (talk) 09:56, 5 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I will talk to the college after their approval. Thanks... Neyakkoo (talk) 15:56, 5 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Neyakkoo and Info-farmer thanks for the update. Please let us know when you will update your timeline. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 15:03, 11 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
After your approval, I will contact my/host college for the Lab. Then I will contact other colleges. Finally we will decide the exact date. So, announce your approval that will helpful to decide the exact workshop date. Neyakkoo (talk) 01:34, 12 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear Neyakkoo, let me try to explain once again. First please go through with the policies and guidelines, second, we can't take this request forward before not getting the complete request including required endorsements on the request page from community members & event dates, expected impact, outcomes and all that. Please revise your dates, and modify your request accordingly if needed. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:52, 13 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I will discuss with them and confirm the event date. Neyakkoo (talk) 14:13, 13 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I change the event date on February 11, 2023. Neyakkoo (talk) 08:05, 18 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Kindly accept our final change of event date as on 8 April 2023 (One day workshop). --Neyakkoo (talk) 15:03, 28 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Neyakkoo, hope everything is going well. Can we reopen the request if you already discussed your metrics and all? So, we can proceed further or do you need time to modify or addition to the proposal? RegardsNitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:16, 24 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks . I/we finished this proposal and submitted our earlier plan. Kindly proceed your official move. Neyakkoo (talk) 05:12, 26 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Neyakkoo, I have reopened the request. No need to submit it again please go through with this proposal only and recheck it and elaborate or modify it according to the required information. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 04:06, 6 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks for the quick response. No need of Change Neyakkoo (talk) 02:27, 7 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Neyakkoo, I am quoting a previous comment please have a look Thanks for the quick response. We reduced the budget from ₹71,000 to ₹48,200 (Reduced 25 persons to 20 persons.) I request you to update the budget table if you are reducing the money otherwise give us a proper metrics table such as - new editors, expected participants, no. of articles (created & improved), no. of images uploaded or what kind of projects are you going to cover etc. Please create a table for it. Just after getting your reply, we will proceed further. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:04, 7 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

┌─────────────────────────────────┘
I/we updated the budget table as ₹48,000. Few of them agreed for their expenses. Kindly approve this outreach-workshop. Then only, it will help us to do student-workshops in many colleges for the upcoming academic year. Neyakkoo (talk) 02:51, 8 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Dear @Neyakkoo thank you so much for giving us all the details. We are glad to say this request is   Approved.
  • Please provide us with the event page link as soon as possible.
  • There are a few things to follow regarding the reimbursement process and A2K can not provide the advance.
  • The report of the event is also required to submit. '

For further conversation please email us at nitesh@cis-india.org, medini@cis-inida.org and program@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 15:26, 22 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Neyakkoo (talk) 15:12, 26 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

 
The 29 participants at SKACAS, Coimbatore
 
52 volumes of w:Devaneya Pavanar.
Volume1 is completed for the event.
s:ta:அட்டவணை:பாவாணர் தமிழ்க் களஞ்சியம் 1.pdf
  • This proposal is funded by CIS-A2K. Dr. Sathiya_raj, Asssit. professor (user:Neyakkoo) is the applicant of this funded event and organiser of this event.
  • Usually a Wikimedia workshop will happen in any one of the selected city's lodge in which accomodation, venue hall and food are available in one roof. But this time, by the participants consensus, we selected the college's computer lab, in which, the uninterrupted electricity, fibre cable internet connectivity and back-up of computers are available with free cost. So, we saved nearly Indian ruoees 30, 000.00.
  • We arranged accomodation as in tne application, food and other beverages from the selected shops.
  • In this event, nearly 30 wikimedia users are participated including 22 assistant professors from the selected colleges and 4 post graduate students. info-farmer, Nethania Shalom and Rabiyathul are facilitated.
  • On the event day, by google meet, Wikimedia user Tavnir gave a speech about ' the need of Wikimedia newbies', Manav gave a speech about 'Trust and safety especially wiki women ' and Jayantha gave a speech about 'Indic wikisource'. Later, the speeches are translated by Tamil by info-farmer.
  • Pre-event: We selected 52 volumes of w:Devaneya Pavanar, a prominent Tamil scholar who wrote many research articles by online discussions. And then scanned the first volume of his work namely s:ta:அட்டவணை:பாவாணர் தமிழ்க் களஞ்சியம் 1.pdf and uploaded at Commons. Finally, proofread completed on the first volume. (Its quarry data) Also the paricipants practised OCR methods of Tamil Wikisource in s:ta:அட்டவணை:அறப்போர், அண்ணாதுரை.pdf
  • Finally, we discussed and decided about the future works in Wikimedia projects especially the need of Tamil palm leaves and Tamil epigraphy. Our first target is the scanning and proofreading of the remaining 51 volumes which are nearly about 6000 pages of the research articles.
  • s:ta:user:R. Ariharasuthan created two audio books. 1) s:en:Index:Why I am an Atheist by Bhagat Singh.pdf (60 minutes of recoding) and 2) its Tamil translation book namely s:ta:அட்டவணை:நான் நாத்திகன் ஏன்?.pdf (60 minutes of recoding). The post production of the audio book is to be completed by him.
Estimated Budget and Actual Expenses
Sr.No. Details Estimated cost before the event (in INR) Actual cost spent during the event (in INR)
1 Accommodation (4*3 = 12 persons) 10,000.00 13,200.00
2 Travel-Intercity(20,000.00) & city(6000.00) 26,000.00 21,343.00
3 Venue hall is the computer lab
where fibre cable internet and laptops are
sponsored by the college.
0 0
4 Food, snacks, certificate, venue clean-up 12,000.00 15,720.00
Total ₹ 48,000.00 INR ₹ 50,263.00 INR


This event medias edit

c:Category:Tamil Wikisource Outreach workshop for the professors April 2023


The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

In-Person Punjabi Community Monthly Meeting edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.



Project Event details edit

  • Have to read the policies and guidelines properly: Yes
  • Language community and Project: Punjabi Wikimedians User Group and In-Person Punjabi Community Monthly Meeting
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): Link of regular community meeting helod in November. In this meeting, we discussed to have a in-person meeting. https://pa.wikipedia.org/wiki/ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ:ਸੱਥ#ਆਡੀਓਬੁਕ ਪ੍ਰਾਜੈਕਟ 2.0 ਬਾਰੇ
  • Project Lead and team members: Nitesh Gill and Gaurav Jhammat
  • Start date of preparation: 15 February 2023
  • Start date of the project: 23 February 2023
  • End date of the project: 23 February 2023
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavour : 28 February 2023
  • Documentation platforms: Meta WIkimedia and Etherpad
  • Are you a WMF employee, contractor or grantee: No (I am one of the contact persons of the community and I am requesting here as a medium of the community.)
  • Event page: Punjabi Wikimedians/Monthly Community Meeting/2023/February

Description edit

  • Why this event or project? (Please explain the objectives or purpose behind this activity)

After upliftment of Covid Restrictions, Wikimedia communities did not meet or organized any in-person meeting or event. However, in 2022 Punjabi Wikimedians conducted an event in March which was funded by A2K. It's been a long time since the Punjabi community has been meeting online continuously every month (from lockdown). Now, we have been discussing for the last 6 months to conduct an in-person meeting so community members can meet and discuss the activities further.

  • What are the Proposed activities? (Give the detailed plan of action with timeline)
  • In-person meetings are the way to connect community members and encourage them to participate more.
  • Discussions on next two three months activities like Women Week 2023
  • Community is already working on its annual proposal and during the meet we will finalise it before March.
  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)

This will be a community meet and we will gather here to discuss the strategy, future collaborations, follow-up strategy, other community’s involvement and so on.

  • What are the expected output and impact? (Explain with the detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of articles created, no. of uploads etc.)
  • approx 13 experienced community members will be there
  • will discuss the activities for the community and mainly we will work on our annual plans and further work.
  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?

Note: If you need IT Allowance Support for the project please go to Project specific IT Allowance and propose the IT Allowance support on the respective tab only.

Sr.No. Activity Cost (in INR)
1. Travel 7,000
2. Venue Hall 2,000
3. Food and Beverages 5,000
4. Internet 1,000
5. Child Care support 2,000
Total 17,000 INR

We hope you will consider our request. Regards.Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 12:50, 24 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Endorsements edit

  1.   Support Gurlal Maan (talk) 00:04, 25 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Strong support Punjabi Community have been continuously doing online monthly meetings and planing for future activities. Thin in-person meeting is crucial for the community to convert those planing into execution. Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) 05:16, 26 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3.   Strong supportGurtej Chauhan (talk) 05:43, 26 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4.   Support Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 06:55, 26 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5.   Strong supportDugal harpreet (talk) 07:13, 27 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  6.   Strong support Mulkh Singh (talk) 16:37, 28 January 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

  • Dear @Gaurav Jhammat, thanks for posting your request here. I am forwarding your request to the A2K team. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 13:13, 2 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  • Dear @Gaurav Jhammat, thanks again for putting your efforts to engage your community. The A2K team found that the Punjabi community is conducting their virtual monthly meeting every month which is good for community health and the growth of the community. We appreciate the dedication of the community. However, there are a few things to ask from us before going ahead.
  • We observed that the community proposed the meeting only, are you planning to do any activity or any lecture there? If yes please let us know the full plan. If not, we want to propose that the community can approach any resource person to engage the community with other things which will encourage collaboration and activities for the future. Please let us know what's the opinion of the community. If you have any question or concern please let me know. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:26, 7 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
    Thank you @Nitesh (CIS-A2K) very much for this overwhelming response. On behalf of the community, I would like to inform you that we have thought of only an in-person meeting under this proposal. In April we have thought of organizing an event on the anniversary of our community in which we can invite a resource person as you say. But, currently, we do not have any preconceived idea or planning nor do we have such a budget under this proposal. If you are still cooperating with us, then I request you to help in this. We have already conducted an advance training of Wikisource on behalf of CIS-A2K and we want you to conduct an advance training of our community through a resource person. Because any event related to Wikidata before this happened in 2017. So if it is possible we will be more than grateful. Currently, the budget that we have got under this proposal was only for our in-person meeting. If another event (like a training etc.) is organized along with the meeting then we have to rethink the budget.Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 13:24, 7 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Gaurav Jhammat, thanks for your reply. We are aware community needs Wikidata training and we discussed it. There are a few things, first please provide your meeting plan, in other words, what will be the agenda for the whole day and what are you (the community) going to do for it meet? We are in need of a clear plan. Second, we consider your training request, we will arrange online training for the community and after getting some response toward follow-up activities, we will plan advance training further. Thank you Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 18:19, 12 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Nitesh (CIS-A2K), thanks for the reply. First of all, i want to inform you that the primarily agenda to us for organizing this in person meeting is for community involvement as i already told that we are doing online meetups from the Covid period and we only have one day for all of this so our main thought is to do just in person meeting so that we can discuss various issues regarding ongoing projects and upcoming events. for example we have a scanning project in community approved by Wikimedia Foundation, we will just inform the community and plan the required activities for that. Secondly, we are planning Women's Week 2023 event on the occasion of International Women's Day and we will also discuss about it. Thirdly, community is also participating in Feminism and Folklore 2023 which is also one of the issues to be discussed in this meeting. So, we don't think we can extend it upto a full fledge training workshop event but yes, for an hour or two, we can participate online in the International Mother Language Day 2023 Datathon. I hope my answer is as adequate for you. Thanks and Regards. Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 18:42, 13 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear Gaurav Jhammat, thank you so much for your response. That would be helpful to understand the activity. This request is   Approved. Here are a few suggestions, first, please update your meet page with the full agenda and also add the attendees there. second, please make sure you will complete the proposed agendas along with the community. We are glad that the community has found the A2K conducting the online activity and the community is going to participate in that. After conducting this meeting, please submit the elaborate meeting report, so, A2K can get to know about the engagement process. Dor further conversation, you can reach us out at nitesh@cis-india.org and medini@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 18:46, 19 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Nitesh (CIS-A2K), thanks for giving yours precious time and we appreciate you for this approval. As per you said, we have updated the meetup/event page on meta and we will submit you the report after the event. For additional info, we have invited one resource person Mr. Simar Singh who is also a part of one scanning project run by the community. He is a researcher and historian in the subject of Punjab History. So, his guidelines will help the community to generate ideas about future wikimedia commons events and possible collaborations with heritage cites. for further conversation, we will communicate with you on the email. Thanks again A2K and you too for this support. Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 08:00, 21 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Gaurav Jhammat, thanks for the update. Sure! let's discuss further steps over email. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 17:07, 21 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

Dear @Nitesh (CIS-A2K), here's link for the proposal report. Please see here.--Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 16:44, 26 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]


The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Request for Project grant to organise Edita-thons and Training Programme at Canara College, Mangaluru edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.





Project Event details edit

  • Have to read the policies and guidelines properly: Yes
  • Language community and Project : Karavali Wikimedians user Group Kannada, Tulu and Konkani Wikimedia.
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link):
  • Project Lead and team members: --Babitha Shetty (talk) 18:25, 2 February 2023 (UTC) Babitha Shetty and her colleaguesReply[reply]
  • Start date of preparation: 25 February 2023
  • Start date of the project: 08 March 2023
  • End date of the project: 30 April 2024
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavour :30 April 2024
  • Documentation platforms: Metawiki, Tulu Wikipedia and Karavali Wikimedians project page
  • Are you a WMF employee, contractor or grantee: No
  • Event page:

Description edit

  • Why this event or project? (Please explain the objectives or purpose behind this activity)
Canara College is a prestigious Konkani Linguistic Minority institution, Governed and managed by the Canara High School Association, Mangalore. Canara College with its noble vision to prepare educationally strong and culturally vibrant students; is a prestigious institute for higher learning, well acclaimed to have its deep rooted existence since 1973 with its moral ideals, rich core values and fusion of cultural ethos. True to its motto of “Educating for Righteous Life” and philosophy of commitment towards offering quality education at an affordable cost, it is located centrally in the coastal educational hub of Mangaluru city. It is reaccredited by NAAC 'A' Grade and affiliated to Mangalore University. The College is celebrating it's Golden Jubilee this year. The college has organised Two days edit-athon workshop https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=CIS-A2K/Requests/Project&action=edit and MOU with Karavali Wikimedians https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=CIS-A2K/Requests/Project&action=edit in the year 2019. Due to pandemic there was gap in organizing workshops, so this academic year we want to reach out to students teach and spread awareness about the Wikipedia and wikicommons. We also like to train our coastal editors in wikisource, Wiki data and to organise Photo-thon.
  • What are the Proposed activities? (Give the detailed plan of action with timeline)
  • To Organize Training to the wikipedia aspirants in Canara College
  • To Organize trainimg session to Karawali wikimedians
  • To Organize Editathon in Canara College and neighbouring colleges.
  • To Increase the number of theme based Articles.
  • To Oragnize photothan and upload to Wikicommons.

Event Schedule edit

Training Programme 
Edit-athon 
Photothon

  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)
Resource persons :
  • What are the expected output and impact? (Explain with the detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of articles created, no. of uploads etc.)
  • Edit-athon on one day on the topic Women related issues, Medical aids, diseases and ailments.
  • Inviting neighboring college students to participate, it will motivate them to form student association in their colleges too.
  • During the workshop : one day workshop, one day Photo-thon and one/two day Train the trainers programme.
  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?
  • This is an approximate expenditure based up on the workshop venue and expected volume of participants. Total funding needed = ₹ 87,000.00

Proposed Budget edit

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Cost (in  ) Description
Accommodation 2 persons for Training programme 2*3500 = 7,000 2 Single rooms (2 trainers )
Transportation 2*7,500 15,000 Resource persons transport
Transport Participants 15,000 Edita-thon participants
Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks Participants 30,000 Training participants , Edita-thon participants and photothan participants
Swag Participants 10,000 T Shirts
Miscellaneous - 10,000 Stationary, Internet, Lab assistance, maintenance, clean-up
Grand Total ₹87,000.00
Note: , We had organised International Women's Day earlier. So Kindly, give acceptance to conduct the same kind of event this year in March 2023.

Endorsements edit

  1.   Strong support ChiK (talk) 16:55, 6 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Strong support BENET G AMANNA (talk) 17:05, 6 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3.   Strong support Training for existing Karavali Wikimedians User Group members would be a good idea, along with editothans and photothans. --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 17:09, 6 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4.   Strong support Interesting proposal, which will help community members--Preethika B (talk) 17:11, 6 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5.   Strong support Ashay vb (talk) 17:38, 6 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  6.   Strong support Training programme to our existing members of Tulu and Kannada wiki would be a great benefit. I support this proposal. Kavitha G. Kana (talk) 18:30, 6 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  7.   Strong support Very useful initiative. I strongly support this project Mahaveer Indra (talk) 02:20, 7 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  8.   Strong support I support this project. --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 03:34, 7 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  9.   Strong support This project is very useful. Training for existing Karavali Wikimedians User Group members would be a good plan, conduiting editothans and photothans is also useful so, I strongly support this project--117.213.94.12 08:23, 7 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  10. good idea, I support this event   Strong support--Lokesha Kunchadka (talk) 14:07, 7 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  11.   Strong supportTrainings would increase the activity of learning . I strongly support for this project.--Yakshitha (talk) 15:12, 9 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  12.   Strong support--Swathivishwakarma (talk)
  13.   Strong support--Priydarshini.R.mujagond (talk)
  14.   Strong support--Kishore Kumar Rai (talk) 10:39, 15 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  15.   Strong support--Vinoda mamatharai (talk) 02:52, 24 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Dear Babitha Shetty, we appreciate to your initiative. Good to get your proposal. THE A2K team has discussed your proposal and we found your project is detailed but we need a breakout agenda and the proper metrics like the number of participants (Newcomers?), a specific project, estimated articles or content, no. of edits etc. We want full details of the event activities and engagement. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 18:39, 19 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear User:Nitesh (CIS-A2K)) Thank you very much for the consideration. As we begin with theme based a day log Edit-athon with 25 to 30 new student participants from Canara College and neighbouring colleges excluding organizers there by increasing the number of editors, articles as well as edits.
The next event in the proposal is Training programme to the members of Karawali Wikimedians user group to know more Wikipedia projects like wikidata, wikisource.
Another event in the request proposal is about photothan to upload the photos to wikicommons related to tulu heritage planned to visit a Museum near Dhyana Mandira, Mudipu 20 km far from Mangaluru along with the new editors attended to the Edit-athon. The detailed activities of the proposal is outlined below:
Target Outcome
Target Explanation
25+ Newcomers to Wikipedia for editathons Concentrate on student community, particularly Wiki enthusiasts. Aim for 50+ articles in various wikiprojects.
10+ Karavali Wikimedinas for Wiki Sister Projects Training Karavali Wikimedians are taking part in order to refresh Wikipedia, Wikisourse, Wikidata and Grant Application and train them on template usage and other fundamentals.
20+ Participant in Photothons 200+ Photographs will upload for Wikimedia Commons, A Museum near Dhyana Mandira Mudipu and other places of Mangalore not documented which reflect Tulu Heritage
Gender balance will be keenly observed to encourage the participation of females We encouraging new women editors from our region expected 04-05 new editors for our Community

--Babitha Shetty (talk) 01:37, 21 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Dear @Babitha Shetty, appreciate your reply. Thanks for the clarification. Here are a few more things to know before going ahead.
  • You mentioned that there will be two resource persons. Could you please let us know what will be delivered by the resource persons?
  • Secondly, I did not find the Meta page link here, so could you please share the link as it's important for documenting on Meta-Wiki?
  • Furthermore, you proposed the expected output with expected activities
  • Edit-athon on one day on the topic Women related issues, Medical aids, diseases and ailments.
  • Inviting neighboring college students to participate, it will motivate them to form student association in their colleges too.
  • During the workshop : one day workshop, one day Photo-thon and one/two day Train the trainers programme.

So, for how many days workshop will be designed?

  • Also, could you please mention the workshop dates and the online activities before the in-person activity?

We observed you have a big plan to engage people but these questions are just for clarity, so, we can find clear deliverables. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:12, 24 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello Nitesh (CIS-A2K), sorry for late reply
  • Meta page is here
  • Karavali Wikimedians are actively contributing to Wikipedia, they are currently lacking in their contributions to other sister projects of Wikimedia. To address this gap, it would be helpful for the existing active Wikimedians in the Karavali community to receive training on the basics of several sister projects, including Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikistats and learning about the basics of template creation can help them create more visually appealing and useful pages across all projects, among other key things. Overall, training on these topics can help Karavali Wikimedians expand their contributions beyond Wikipedia and increase their impact across the broader Wikimedia community.
  • We planned to arrange three different event
  • Training for existing Karavali Wikimedians User Group: A one-day training session can be organized exclusively for local Karavali Wikimedians. The training can cover the basics of Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikistats, and template creation. The session can be conducted by experienced Wikimedians or trainers who have expertise in these areas. (Resource person yet to finalize).
  • Workshop and Edit-a-thon: A one or two-day workshop and edit-a-thon can be organized by Canara College in association with Karavali Wikimedians for the students of Canara College and the neighboring colleges in Mangalore. The edit-a-thon can focus on improving existing articles or creating new ones related to the region or topics of interest to the community. The event can be open to students, faculty members, and the general public.
  • Photo-thon: A one-day photo-thon can be organized at Mudipu Dhayana Mandira, a spiritual center located in the Tulunadu region with a rich history and cultural significance. The photo-thon can be open to Karavali Wikimedians and other interested participants, who can be encouraged to take photos of the surroundings, architecture, sculptures, and other elements of the Mandira. The photos can then be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and used to improve regional articles on Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects.
  • Two programmes among this i.e editathon and photo-athon need student participation. As the university examinations are going on right now these two programmes can be schedule after reopening of the college. So we plan to organise each of these programmes in the months of March, April, and May (dates will be announced on our Meta Page once finalized).--Babitha Shetty (talk) 02:01, 4 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Babitha Shetty, thank you so much for answering all the questions and queries. Also thank you so much for keeping your patience amd faith in us. This request is   Approved. Please follow the steps
  • Please email us at program@cis-india.org, nitesh@cis-india.org and medini@cis-india.org.
  • A2K can not provide the advance and reimbursement can only be possible according to proper bills.
  • Report submission is required after the session.
  • Further conversation email will happen over email.

Hope this event will go well. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 15:44, 22 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Dear @Nitesh (CIS-A2K) Thank you so much for considering my request. I am sure that the programme will schedule accordingly and each will be updated with report.
--Babitha Shetty (talk) 17:48, 23 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]


Report link edit


The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Organising Open Data Day events in Kerala edit

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.




Project Event details edit

  • Have to read the policies and guidelines properly: Yes
  • Language community and Project : Malayalam Wiki Community, Wikidata
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): ML-Wikipedia VP,
  • Project Lead and team members:Sahya Digital Conservation Foundation and Wikimedians of Kerala User Group members
  • Start date of preparation:9 March 2023
  • Start date of the project:27 March 2023
  • End date of the project:15 April 2023
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavour :20 April 2023
  • Documentation platforms: Metawiki and Wikidata project page
  • Are you a WMF employee, contractor or grantee: No
  • Event page: Wikimedians of Kerala/Events/Open Data Day 2023

Description edit

  • Why this event or project? (Please explain the objectives or purpose behind this activity)

Open Data Day is an annual event celebrated worldwide to promote and raise awareness about the benefits of Open Data. Open data and Wikidata are closely related as Wikidata is a free and open knowledge base that provides structured data that is available under an open license. So we are planning to organize training programs and edit-a-thons in Wikidata this year to celebrate and promote Open Data Day

  • What are the Proposed activities? (Give the detailed plan of action with timeline)

We are planning to organize 2 training events in the month of March-April 2023 in Collaboration with 2 institutions in Kerala. One event is planned to be organized at Palakkad district and one event at Kasargod district in Kerala. Introduction to Wikidata and training to the students will be resource persons of the community and will orgainse offline edit-a-thons along with the training.

  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)

The event will be organized in collaboration with the support of Sahya Digital Conservation Foundation, Wikimedians of Kerala User Group and with the collaboration of the Educational institutions where the event will be organized. The resource persons include the members from Sahya Foundation and the Kerala User Group. The participants will be the students and the staffs of the Educational institutions. The promotion for the event will be carried by the institution as well as the Wikimedians of Kerala UG.

  • Participating Community Leads
  • What are the expected output and impact? (Explain with the detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of articles created, no. of uploads etc.)
Target Explanation
40+ Newcomers to Wikidata for training and edit-a-thons The training is provided to the students in the institution and offline edit-a-thon will be organized along with the training
Number of events: 2 offline training events and edit-a-thons 2 events have been planned in 2 districts of Kerala. On March 27th at Palakkad and April 1st week at Kasargod
Number of items created or improved: 1500 During the offline edit-a-thon will are planning to improve/create at least 1500 Wikidata items
  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?
SI No Activity Cost (In INR) Remarks
1 Travel and Accommodation 10000 5000 per event (estimated) for the 5 Resource persons
2 Local Transport & Food 8000 4000 per event (estimated) for the 5 Resource persons
3 Tea and Snacks 6000 for participants of the program
4 Stickers and Swags 5000 for participants of the program
5 Banners 3000 Example
6 Miscellaneous 4000 Stationary, Documentation
Total 36000 INR

Endorsements edit

  •   Support The Malayalam Wikidata community has been very active in terms of outreach. The organizers of the event are experienced Wikimedians, who have previously conducted several similar events. I endorse this grant application and hope that the events will be held successfully in connection with Open Data Day. --Netha Hussain (talk) 14:43, 8 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  •   Support The volunteers have extensive experience and have conducted several successful projects in the past. Based on this, I support this grant application.--Akbarali (talk) 06:35, 9 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Dear @Manojk, thank you so much for putting your request on the CIS-A2K request page. I have gone through your project and it seems you followed all the guidelines given by A2K. The project seems interesting to me. I am forwarding your request to the A2K team and get back to you by the end of this week. @Manojk, in addition, please ask your community members to endorse the project so we can come to know the community is aware of and in favour of doing this event. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:25, 8 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Manojk, thank you so much for the request. This request is   Approved.
  • We are hoping that there will be some follow-up activities as well.
  • The report submission is required after the event.
  • The advance will not be given by A2K, however, for reimbursement we need proper bills.
  • For further conversation please email program@cis-india.org , nitesh@cis-india.org, medini@cis-india.org.

Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 15:49, 22 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thanks @User:Nitesh (CIS-A2K) for the replay. One Program happening tomorrow Wikimedians of Kerala/Events/Open Data Day 2023/NSS College of Engineering. I Will do followup through email. --Manojk (talk) 17:27, 26 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Report of the program available here. 2nd proposed Program at was not happened Government College Kasaragod. We are trying to get a new date but may take some more time. Currently emailing the things whats currently we completed. --Manojk (talk) 06:21, 4 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit


The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Photography competition of Assamese Wikipedia, 2023 edit

Project Event details edit

  • Have to read the policies and guidelines properly: Yes
  • Language community and Project : Assamese Wikipedia
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): Community Discussion
  • Project Lead and team members: Assamese Wikimedia Community
  • Start date of preparation: Month of March 2023
  • Start date of the project: 5 April 2023
  • End date of the project: 20 April 2023
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavour : 30 April 2023
  • Documentation platforms: Wikimedia Commons
  • Are you a WMF employee, contractor or grantee: No
  • Event page: Photography Competition of Assamese Wikipedia, 2023

Description edit

  • Why this event or project?

Ans: The purpose of this competition is to grow the quality and quantity of media related to Assam, particularly on Assamese culture and monuments on Wikimedia. This will help improve articles and content related to Assam across various Wiki projects. We also hope to increase wider community participation by encouraging non-text contributors to contribute to Wiki projects.

  • What are the Proposed activities?

Ans: The Assamese Wikimedia Community has decided to organise a Photography Competition in April 2023. The theme of the images has been decided to be related to Assam in terms of cultural heritage, people, monuments, geography and nature etc.

In this competition, people are invited to upload images under a free license to use them in Wikimedia projects. After the completion of the event, the community will decide Ten winners. They will be rewarded with Gift Vouchers (Online Shopping) or/and SWAG materials such as T-Shirt, Cup, Magnets etc. Furthermore, the selected images may be sent to global challenges on Wikimedia Commons. We would like to request CIS for financial support for providing the proposed awards to the winners.

  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)

Ans: We plan to promote it on both social media and print media to increase participation. We hope to share ‘how to’ videos with potential participants walking them through the step by step process of uploading photos to Wikicommons.

  • What are the expected output and impact?

Ans: The expected impact is as follows:-

  • It will increase the quality media related to Assam under free license.
  • It will attract non-text contributors like photographers and graphic artists to contribute to Assamese wiki projects and help improving the quality of articles and contents.
  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?

Ans: Estimated Budget Total funding needed = 37,500 INR

The Gift voucher may be distributed as follows:

1st Prize ( 7,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher

2nd Prize ( 5,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher

3rd Prize ( 4,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher

4th and 5th ( 3,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher

6th to 10th ( 1,000 INR ) worth Consolation Gift voucher

So, the total gift voucher amount will be 27,000 INR


Sweatshirt = (700 X 15) = 10500 INR

Total Expenses (27,000+10,500)= 37,500 INR

Note: If you need IT Allowance Support for the project please go to Project specific IT Allowance and propose the IT Allowance support on the respective tab only.

Endorsements edit

  1.   Support - Babulbaishya (talk) 04:07, 16 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Support - Kuldhar Rabha (talk) 04:15, 16 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3.   Support - অনামিকা(চুমু) বড়া (talk) 07:01, 16 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4.   Support - Rajdweep225 (talk) 12:24, 17 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5.   Support - Bhaskarjyoti Bhuyan (talk) 12:31, 17 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  6.   Support- Ishanjyotibora (talk) 12:42, 17 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  7.   Strong support I think it's a fantastic initiative for raising awareness about Assamese Wikipedia, Wikicommons, and other sister Wiki projects. It's also an excellent platform to showcase Assam's rich cultural heritage and traditions, which are often underrepresented. I believe that this competition will help reduce the gap in the availability of important photos related to Assam.- Ajay  Talk 13:01, 17 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  8.   Support-নিৰঞ্জন বড়া (talk) 13:16, 17 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  9.   Support- Jonali Baruah (talk) 08:37, 17 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  10.   Support Gitartha.bordoloi (talk) 15:42, 17 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  11.   Support - চন্দ্ৰিমা ৰাভা (talk) 08:01, 19 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  12.   Support signed, 511KeV (talk) 17:43, 3 May 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Dear @দিব্য দত্ত, thanks for your request. We found we have limited time to respond. Please try to put in your request after following the policies. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Regards, Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 13:46, 22 March 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Dear @দিব্য দত্ত, Here are a few questions from A2K
    • Because it is a local contest and we feel prizes are on the upper side. The suggestion for the reasonable structure could be - 5,4,3, 2x2, 5x500
    • Please give us the explain detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of uploads and other edits etc.

Please work on the given points and let us know. Also, if you need any support to work on the prizes or other things please let me know I am happy to support you. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 13:19, 5 April 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thank you for your support and the suggestions. Considering that the planned dates for the competition (April 5-20, 2023) are no longer valid, we propose to reschedule it for June 1-15, 2023. The theme is proposed to be the nature and wildlife of Assam.
  • The Estimated Budget has been changed as suggested-
1st Prize ( 5,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher
2nd Prize ( 4,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher
3rd Prize ( 3,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher
4th and 5th ( 2,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher
6th to 10th ( 500 INR ) worth Consolation Gift voucher
So, the total gift voucher amount will be 18,500 INR
Sweatshirt = (700 X 15) = 10500 INR
Total Expenses (18,500+10,500)= 29,000 INR
  • Detailed metrics:
Total participants expected-50
No of photo uploads expected-1500
Please let us know if you need any other information. Thanks, Joli Rumi (talk) 13:33, 10 April 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear @Joli Rumi, due to regulatory concerns and ongoing challenges at the organisational level, we will be pausing the services of the request page until further notice. If you have concerns or questions please contact us at program@cis-india.org. Please feel free to contact me for any kind of support. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:08, 15 April 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

Clean up & Curation of Tamil Wikipedia Articles edit


Project Event details edit

  • Have to read the policies and guidelines properly: Yes
  • Language community and Project : tawiki, Clean up & Curation of Articles
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): ta wiki VP
  • Project Lead and team members: M. Selvasivagurunathan,Sridhar G
  • Start date of preparation: 28 March, 2023
  • Start date of the project: 1 April, 2023
  • End date of the project:30 June, 2023
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavour :July 5, 2023
  • Documentation platforms: Metawiki, tamil Wikipedia project page
  • Are you a WMF employee, contractor or grantee: No
  • Event page: Clean up & curation of the Articles - Project page

Description edit

  • Why this event or project? (Please explain the objectives or purpose behind this activity)

Among all Indian languages, Tamil has the second-highest number of articles. Since quality is more essential than quantity, we are organizing clean up events every three months.We choose certain type of articles for that period.In the first quarter of this year, We improved 60 Google articles with 10 users in our first iteration.In the second quarter, We are now working to improve articles which were created by school teachers in 2017 . We hope that the quality of Tamil Wikipedia will increase through this project.

  • What are the Proposed activities? (Give the detailed plan of action with timeline)
  • to organize an online event to clean up and curate the articles.
  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)

With the help of Tamil Wiki's active users, we will curate the articles.

  • What are the expected output and impact? (Explain with the detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of articles created, no. of uploads etc.)

Target

  • 1,092 articles need to be improved in total.
Month no of articles at the begining 20% no of articles at the end
April 2,238 448 1,790
May 1,790 358 1,432
June 1,432 286 1,146
  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?
no of participants backpack (each) total
25 1000 25000
  • Memento will be given if they improve 20 articles minimum.
  • It would be very helpful if CIS-A2K would buy these and send them to all participants.

Note: If you need IT Allowance Support for the project please go to Project specific IT Allowance and propose the IT Allowance support on the respective tab only.

Endorsements edit

  1.   Support--Arularasan. G (talk) 01:38, 3 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Support--Mahalingam. N. R --TNSE Mahalingam VNR (talk) 03:28, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3.   Support---கி.மூர்த்தி (talk) 05:37, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4.   Support--சா அருணாசலம் (talk) 06:46, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5.   Support --சத்திரத்தான் (talk) 06:58, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  6.   Support---பாலசுப்ரமணியன்--Balu1967 (talk) 07:03, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  7.   Support---வசந்தலட்சுமி--Vasantha Lakshmi V (talk) 07:07, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  8.   Support---Hibayathullah (talk)
  9.   Support--Booradleyp1 (talk) 10:07, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  10.   Support--- S.BATHRUNISA (talk) 15:07, 5 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  11.   Support--Sivakosaran (talk) 16:05, 6 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

राँची-विश्वविद्यालय में संस्कृतविकि कार्यशाला - "संस्कृत विकिपीडिया और संशोधन" विषय है। edit

Project Event details edit

  • Have to read the policies and guidelines properly:बहुत नहीं थोडी पढी है और अगर आप दे सकते हैं तो अच्छा।
  • Language community and Project :संस्कृतविकिपीडिया
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link):(समुदाय को सूचना दी है)
  • Project Lead and team members: User:NehalDaveND
  • Start date of preparation:29/8/23
  • Start date of the project: ये वर्कशोप है... जो 11 सप्टेम्बर दिनांक को करना है (10 को सुबह टिकट चाहिये होगी)
  • End date of the project:
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavour :
  • Documentation platforms:
  • Are you a WMF employee, contractor or grantee:नहीं
  • Event page:

Description edit

  • Why this event or project? (Please explain the objectives or purpose behind this activity)

यहाँ बहुत बडी बडी बाते लिखी हुई है और बहुत मैं समझ नहीं पा रहा। मुझे राँची विश्वविद्यालय (https://www.ranchiuniversity.ac.in/) में एक वर्कशोप करनी है। मेरी कोम्युनिटि में 5 लोग सक्रिय हैं या नहीं और वो वोट करेंगे या नहीं ये विचारणीय विषय है।

  • What are the Proposed activities? (Give the detailed plan of action with timeline)

मुझे वहाँ प्रोफेसर्स् और विद्यार्थीयों को विकिपीडिया का महत्त्व और उसकी गतिविधि के लिये एक वर्कशोप करवाना है। वो मोबाइल से या कंप्युटर से संपादन करना सीखे और पि.एच.डी के विद्यार्थी संशोधन करते करते संस्कृत विकिपीडिया में कैसे योगदान दे सकते हैं इत्यादि विषयों पर मुझे वर्कशोप करना है।

  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)

मुझे विकिपीडिया की कम्यूनिटि को आगे बढाना है। कोई मार्ग मिलता नहीं। जितनी मेरी शक्ति है, तो बहुत समय बाद मुझे ये अवसर मिला है कि मैं किसी युनि. को संस्कृत विकिपीडिया में योगदान करने के लिये मना सकूं। वहाँ जाकर लेब में या किसी रूम में मुझे उनको पूरा वर्कशोप लेना है। पि.पि.टि तैयार है, उनके लिये विषय इत्यादि भी सोचा है।

  • What are the expected output and impact? (Explain with the detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of articles created, no. of uploads etc.)

वास्तव में मुझे क्राइस्त युनि. के जैसे संस्कृत का अच्छा टाइ-अप करना है। जहाँ विद्यार्थी संस्कृत विकिपीडिया में सकारात्मक योगदान दे। तीन चार युनि. से सम्पर्क किया नहीं हो पाया। अब यहाँ कुछ परिचय हुआ है और वो चाहते हैं कि मैं उनकी टिम को सब बाते समझाते हुए एक वर्कशोप लूं। और मेरी भी इच्छा है कि इतने साल परिश्रम करने के पश्चात् कोई आउटपुट तो दूं।

  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?

मुझे केवल राँची जाने आने की फ्लाइट की सुविधा चाहिये। खाना रहेना मैं सोचूंगा अपने से।

Note: If you need IT Allowance Support for the project please go to Project specific IT Allowance and propose the IT Allowance support on the respective tab only.

Endorsements edit

इसकी आशा नहीं है। तो क्या करना चाहिये कृपया बात करें। यदि सी.आई.एस. सहायता नहीं कर सकता, तो कृपया यथाशीघ्र बताएँ, ताकि मैं सामने वाले पक्ष को मना कर सकूं। क्योंकि ट्रेन से जाने आने में छुट्टीयां ही नहीं मिलेगी। तो कृपया यथोचित् सूचित करें। धन्यवाद।

  1.   Support--आर्यावर्त (talk) 10:21, 29 August 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Support --Anamdas (talk) 16:37, 29 August 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3.   Strong support to proposal. --Jayprakash >>> Talk 09:35, 30 August 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4.   Support Satdeep Gill (talk) 16:25, 30 August 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5.   Support Sanjay Bengani (talk) 14:25, 31 August 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  6.   Strong support -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 11:51, 31 August 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  7.   Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 07:35, 1 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  8.   Strong support --    Innocentbunny    TALK  07:31, 10 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Report link edit

इसमें कृपया कोई सहायता करना। मैं हिन्दी में रिपोर्ट बना दूंगा।

Wikimeet and Training of Wikimedians of Assamese Community edit

Project Event details edit

  • Have to read the policies and guidelines properly: Yes
  • Language community and Project : Assamese Wiki Projects
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): Discussions
  • Project Lead and team members:

This event will be coordinated by three active Assamese Wikimedians as follows:

  • Start date of preparation:
  • Start date of the project: 26 November 2023
  • End date of the project: 26 November 2023
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavour : 27 November 2023
  • Documentation platforms: Wikimedia Commons, Meta
  • Are you a WMF employee, contractor or grantee: No
  • Event page:

Description edit

  • Why this event or project? (Please explain the objectives or purpose behind this activity)

Ans: The purpose of this event is to provide a handhold training to new Wikimedians of the community as well as a refresher training to the existing members.

  • What are the Proposed activities? (Give the detailed plan of action with timeline)

Ans:

SI No Program Time Speaker/Trainer
1 Welcoming the participants and introduction 10 AM-10:20 AM TBD
2 Introducing the new members of the community to the Wiki Projects and help them discover how they can contribute 10:20 AM - 11 AM TBD
3 Tea break 11 AM - 11:15 AM
4 Introduction to Wikidata: Hands on session around new wikidata creation and connecting to existing one 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM Babul baishya
5 Introduction to Wikisource 12:15 PM - 12:30 PM TBD
6 Hands on session around Proofread and Validation 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM দিব্য দত্ত
7 Lunch break 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM
8 Presentation on Journey of Assamese Wiki Projects 2:30 PM - 2:45 PM TBD
9 Open session 2:45 PM - 4:00 PM TBD
10 Evening Tea and Closure 4:00 PM - 4:20 PM
  • How the implementation will be done? (Mention collaborations, Wikimedia community involvement, promotion strategy, resource persons etc.)

Ans: We plan to promote the event on both social media and print media to increase participation. The event will be organized by The Assamese Wikimedia Community.

Participating Community Leads :

  • What are the expected output and impact? (Explain with the detailed metrics such as total participants, new and old editors, no. of articles created, no. of uploads etc.)

Ans: We aim to address various technical/other challenges faced by the community members in contributing to Wikimedia Projects with special reference to Wikisource and Wikidata. We are also hoping to recruit 10+ new contributors to the community.

  • What is the budget estimate (Provide a detailed break-up with payment schedule)?
SI No Activity Cost (In INR) Remarks
1 Meeting Hall with Projector 5,000 LS
2 Transport & Accomodation 40,000 2,000 per person (est. 15 nos) for long distance and 1000 per person for short distance (est. 10 nos)
3 Refreshments 7,500 300 per participant
4 Resource person fee 2,000 1,000 per person for 2 RP
5 Printing and Stationery 890 Training materials for 25 participants (est.)
6 Miscellaneous 2000 Stickers, Documentation
Total 59,390 INR


Note: If you need IT Allowance Support for the project please go to Project specific IT Allowance and propose the IT Allowance support on the respective tab only.

Endorsements edit

  1.   Strong support -Nayan j Nath (talk) 08:39, 8 October 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Strong support -Kuldhar Rabha (talk) 09:04, 8 October 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3.   Strong support - হানিফ আলী (talk) 09:04, 8 October 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4.   Strong support-Pranamikaadhikary (talk) 09:29, 8 October 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5.   Strong support - Babulbaishya (talk) 12:32, 8 October 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Report link edit