CIS-A2K/Requests/Archive 2022 2

Laptop for The Deoband Wikimedia User Group edit

Description edit

I'm here in order to request a laptop for The Deoband Wikimedia User Group, which aims to write/improve articles related to the famous Deobandi movement that originated from the Indian town of Deoband. The group aims to write/improve articles related to scholars, books, institutions, freedom fighters that associated with this movement. We will organise workshops, meetups and online/offline training programs among the graduates of famous such institutions like Darul Uloom Deoband, and around Jamia Millia Islamia; and we need a laptop to achieve this goal. During the first ever Wikipedia related workshop in Deoband, we faced a lot of problems due to the absence of a laptop. I organised that workshop, called the Deoband workshop, completely with my own efforts (through the Dehalvi Wikimedia User Group), with help of some local friends. Just because, we had no laptop, the attendees failed in understanding a number of things. Now that we've started a specific group to work solely on Deoband related issues, a laptop will be a huge aid in this initiative.

It becomes difficult to train new editors showing them different Wikimedia related things, such as Wikidata, on the mobile phone. We also have to collect some books which aren't available online, and we get PDFs only to use them for references, and we can't even upload them due to issues related to copyright. To store such books, this laptop will be very much helpful. As I said above, we will organise training programs and workshops among the students of associated madrasas, the requirement of laptop increases much. I request CIS to provide us a good compatible laptop, at least with 1TB memory, 4GB RAM and with Windows inbuilt, since it'll make our works feasible including online training programs. Thanks. ─ The Aafī (talk) 12:32, 10 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Endorsements edit

Discussion edit

Hello TheAafi, thanks for posting this. I am sharing this request with team and will get back to you a couple of days. Thank you --Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:09, 12 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thank you Nitesh (CIS-A2K) for this. I'm eagerly waiting for any update from you. Please let me know if anything is missing. I'll have a look at it. ─ The Aafī (talk) 07:45, 18 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello TheAafi, Thanks for your request once again. Currently, we have a limited number of support options. As the user group has not been recognised by the affiliation committee yet, it is a bit difficult for us to provide the support. In future, we will try to revisit the request. Thank you. Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:49, 25 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi Nitesh (CIS-A2K), can this request be revisited now? It has been several months since the AffCom recognised the DCW User group. Regards, ─ The Aafī on Mobile (talk) 08:07, 30 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi TheAafi, thank for ping us. Yes, we can, now, discuss about it. I will get back to you soon regarding the same matter. Regrads Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 11:20, 30 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks Nitesh (CIS-A2K). I'd be waiting for you response. This request was accidentally archived to CIS 2021 archives and I've moved it back over here. Please ping my mobile account in case you need any further information. ─ The Aafī on Mobile (talk) 08:57, 31 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Nitesh (CIS-A2K), do we have any update on this, please? Regards, ─ The Aafī on Mobile (talk) 13:17, 9 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello The Aafī, thank you for patience and re-open the request. After the team discussion, team decided to   Approved this request. Please email on nitesh@cis-india.org for further conversation. I believe, we will send you the community laptop soon. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 14:09, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Nitesh (CIS-A2K) Thanks for the update. I shall soon send you an email from dcw@wikimedia.org for further conversation on this. Regards, ─ The Aafī (talk) 17:05, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  Comment, I have sent an email with Ticket number 2022063010011432. Regards, ─ The Aafī (talk) 17:10, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Laptop received and recorded on the assets page. ─ The Aafī (talk) 11:24, 25 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Punjabi Wikimedians Infrastructure Support edit

Event details edit

  • Language community and project : Punjabi Wikimedians User Group
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): https://w.wiki/3zhZ
  • Start date of preparation: 20th September 2021
  • Start date of project: 1st October 2021
  • End date of project: 30th April 2022
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavor: 31st May 2022
  • Event page:


Description edit

  • What are the Proposed activities?

Punjabi Wikimedians got a camera from WMF in 2016. The User Group needs a new camera now to continue various activities. We have done expeditions in 2017, 2018. One of the focuses of this will be to gather images of villages near district Ludhiana and Patiala. Most of the articles about villages in Punjabi Wikipedia are without any images this will help in improving them. In this project, we(Benipal hardarshan, Harshaan Ghuman and others(if interested)) will travel to the location to click the picture and we will upload them to commons under a certain category for records. After that, we will use those pictures in village articles. We will also do similar projects like this in the future.

  • What are the Expected impact?

We will upload more than 500 images and we will also add them to there respective articles on Punjabi Wikipedia.

  • What is the Estimate budget (give it with a detailed break-up)?
  1. Camera(Nikon Z6) = Rs1.50Lakh
  2. Travels = Rs10,000
  3. Miscellaneous expenses(includes camera transportations) = Rs10,000

Endorsements edit

Discussion edit

Hello, @Benipal hardarshan:, Thanks for posting your request. I am forwarding your request to the A2K team and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you --Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:14, 2 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello @Benipal hardarshan:, this is an update that we are working on this, and we have had a discussion with the user group/community. As I am a member of the Punjabi Wikimedians user group, I am recusing myself from decision-making discussions in A2K. Someone from A2K will respond to this/ask questions. Thank you --Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 07:03, 27 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello @Nitesh (CIS-A2K):, We discussed this in our September call & decided that Punjabi WIkimedians haven't undertaken any commons project actively and we do not see this request in line with community initiatives. The applicant was advised to withdraw it as we are currently working on designing planning & management policies. The applicant is yet to take committed actions. I know Satpal & Nitesh being CIS-A2K employees have a COI, so please let me know in case you have further questions. Regards-Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 13:46, 12 October 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello @Manavpreet Kaur:, Thanks for your comments and information about the community planning. I am forwarding your message to the A2K team and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 11:44, 20 October 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

Scanner for sa.wiki Gujarat edit

  • Status:

Please provide a Scanner edit

  • Language community and project : Sa.wikipedia / sa.wikisource Gujarat region
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link):

1 2 3 4 स्थानों पर समर्थन करने के लिये निवेदन किया है, परन्तु मुझे लगता है कि समर्थन मिले न मिले अबतक के योगदान और समस्या को ध्यान में लेना चाहिये। क्योंकि सं.वि में कार्य करने वाले अत्यधिक कम हैं।

  • Start date of preparation:
  • Start date of project:
  • End date of project:
  • End date of completion of the entire endeavor:
  • Event page:


Description edit

  • What are the Proposed activities?

संस्कृत के ग्रन्थ बहुधा अत्यधिक पुराने होते हैं। अतः कोई भी ग्रन्थालय उसे हमें देता नहीं। ऐसे में बिना अच्छे ग्रन्थों के सन्दर्भ के लेख लिखना अत्यधिक कठिन हो जाता है। ऊपर से ऐसे कार्यों में समय चला जाता है, जो आवश्यक भी न हो, जैसे कि स्केनिंग के लिये दूसरों की सहायता मांगना और कुछ पुस्तकों को स्केन करने के लिये विनतियों का पहाड खडा करना ऊपर से उस स्केनर तक पहुंचने के लिये भी बहुत अधिक समय चला जाता है। आप यहां देख सकते हैं कि कितने महिने पहले मैंने निवेदन किया था परन्तु अब तक मुझे स्केनर नहीं मिल पाया है। वो स्केनर व्यस्त है उस में उनका भी दोष नहीं। अतः अब मैं चाहता हूँ कि हमारे पासे एक वैसा ही स्केनर हो और हम अपना कार्य बढाने के लिये उसका उपयोग करें।

  • What are the Expected impact?

गुजराती विकिपीडिया के पास जो स्केनर है, वो एक रिमोट लोकेशन पर है। वहाँ जाना आना खर्चिला और समय लेने वाला कार्य है। ऊपर से वहाँ बार बार जाना भी हितावह नहीं होता। परन्तु ये जो स्केनर संस्कृत विकि को मिलेगा, वो गुजरात के मध्य भाग में और अहमदाबाद के भी मध्य भाग में होगा। जिससे कोई भी किसी भी रिजन का व्यक्ति कभी न कभी वहाँ से आता जाता रहता ही है। यदि राज्य से बाहर जाना है, या उत्तर से दक्षिण गुजरात जाना है, अहमदाबाद एक केन्द्र स्थान है। तो हमें किसी को भी स्केनर भेजने की आवश्यकता ही नहीं है, उनको बस आना है और स्केन करके जाना है। कोई रुकावट नहीं। ये स्केनर गुजरात में या अन्य राज्यों से गुजरात आने जाने वाले सभी लोगों के लिये उपयोगी होगा। आवेदक के रूप में इस स्केनर का उत्तरदायित्व मेरे ऊपर होगा और मैं ऐसे स्थान पर नौकरी करता हूँ, जहाँ पहुंचना अत्यधिक सरल है और नगर के मध्य स्थान पर है। ये एक शिक्षण संस्थान भी है, तो कोई भी कभी भी स्केनिंग के उद्देश से आ सकता है।

आगे के वर्षों में संस्कृत विकि की कुछ कार्यशालाओं का आयोजन किया गया है। ऐसे में अपने लेख लिखते लिखते दूसरों को लेखिने के लिये प्रेरित करना एक बहुत बड़ा कार्य है। इसका प्रभाव इतना पडेगा कि सं.वि में अच्छे, बडे और सन्दर्भ सहित लेख शीघ्रता से लिखे जा सकेंगे और सं.वि.स्रोत के लिये कुछ पुस्तकों का अन्वषण करके स्केन करके अपलोड किया जाएगा। NehalDaveND (talk) 04:18, 8 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

  • What is the Estimate budget (give it with a detailed break-up)?

Endorsements edit

Discussion edit

Hello @NehalDaveND:, we are thanking you to post your request. I am forwarding the request to CIS-A2K team and will get back to you within a few days. Thank you. Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:20, 9 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi @NehalDaveND:,I would like to suggest you kind inform us the following points.

  1. Kindly share the link of notification in Sanskrit & Gujarati Community mailing list.
  2. Kindly share the tentative books list which are going to scan in this project. Most preferably share the PD book list. Share library name or collector name or Institute name where you are working for.
  3. Could you please confirm that all books are not available in online source like archive.org etc?
  4. As of now near about 86,782 books available online and only 319 book index file created for working. There are 1400 PD scan books available. Have you already consider this? .
  5. Kindly share in which city in Gujarat the scanner will work for?

Thank you for your scanner request. Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:24, 13 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Namaste @Jayanta (CIS-A2K):, I have seen these and found out every possible online and offline sources. But couldn't manage to get the same. There are many books, but I am giving you few here. Moreover, please don't think that all books are for sa.wikisource as to write proper article, we need reference books.
  1. I don't know about it, but I have shared village pump links. If there is more to do, please guide.
  2. चन्द्रदूतम्, योगिनीदशा, सारङ्गसारकाव्यम्, अन्योक्तिकाव्यम्, सुन्दरदामोदरमहाकाव्यम्, विरहिणीकाव्यम्, विषमकाव्यम्, विदग्धमुखमण्डनकाव्यम्, सिद्धयोगप्रकरणम्, वार्तिक-उपयोगितासिद्धान्तनिरूपणम्, , योगिनीविचारदशा, नवरसकाव्यम्, सुभाषितकाव्यसङ्ग्रहः, सङ्गीतबद्ध-वाजित्र-नाटकछन्दः, तकारकाव्यम् etc many books.
  3. This is a small list when I will get time, I can make a big list. Online and offline not available. Some are offline available, but you can't buy those books. Because some books are found by me by visiting many Sanskrit Scholars. They will not give books to me or anyone. So we can scan only at their time, place and front of them.
  4. These books are in public domain and I can see most of the books are in sa.wikisource, but my list can't find.
  5. Ahmedabad, which is located in center of the Gujarat. From different cities and villages of Gujrat, A'bad is commonaly visiting place. So in a month, quarterly or daily, most of the people come to or pass through A'bad. NehalDaveND (talk) 03:54, 15 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
    Namaste @Jayanta (CIS-A2K):If there are more question, please ask me. I will try to answer. As gu.wiki scanner is too much busy, I didn't get till date. Moreover, the person is so busy just he told me that I can't commit date to give scanner. I am not being impatient here, but if you need more detail ask me, so your team get more clear picture regarding this. You can see I alone active user in sa.wikipedia, who writes big articles. So I don't have support here. I put message in gu.wiki but I think this scanner is not relevant to them as they have scanner already. Hoping positive reply. NehalDaveND (talk) 12:42, 19 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
    @NehalDaveND As per records from this page, you have borrowed scanner 2 times from the Gujarati community in the past. Could you please share with us what you have scanned? - Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 13:22, 21 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
    @Jayanta (CIS-A2K): thanks for replying. First of all, I want to clarify that "This scanner is not for only sa.wikisource". To write some good long articles, we need many reference books. Most of the books are not available online or offline (to borrow), so we have to scan it. I have written many in 2018, you can see here. You can see quality and work. This article can't be possible without the help of scanner. As a Sanskrit scholar gave me very old book for 2 hours and I scanned that by a university's scanner. After that I can to know about gu.wiki scanner and I gave you link above. Here also - https://sa.wikipedia.org/s/8wf, you will find many articles, which are written by me after second time scanner. I think I can't explain my own work as this is a long process. Again I will let you know that till date my MAIN purpose was not to put any book in sa.wikisource. There are many reasons and one of them is I want to give my knowledge to sa.wikipedia, but know I have found some rare books और वें पु्स्तक किसी के पास नहीं मिलेगी, ये मैंने देखा है। बहुत बार ऐसा हुआ है कि, मुझे पुस्तक मिलने की सम्भावना हुई, क्योंकि मैं गुजरात के विभिन्न प्रदेशों में प्रवासे के लिये गया तो वहाँ भी बहुत विद्वान हैं, जिनके घर में अनेकानेक ग्रन्थ हैं। परन्तु अपने स्वयं के पास स्केनर न होने से काम बता ही नहीं सकते। क्योंकि पुस्तक का पता तो है कि इस विद्वान से मिलेगी, परन्तु उसी समय स्केनर मिलना या स्केनर लेकर वहाँ जाना ये ही महत्त्वपूर्ण कडी है। 1 2 अतः मैं इतना विश्वास तो दिला सकता हूँ कि ये स्केनर खाली नहीं बैठेगा। मैंने अभी आरंभ किया है, वो भी मुख्य उद्देश न बना कर, तो मुझे इतनी पुस्तकें मिली हैं, जो खोजने पर भी नहीं मिल सकती, तो इतने वर्षों में जिन पुस्तकों का मुझे संज्ञान हुआ और स्केनर के अभाव से उन्हें ओनलाइन उपलब्ध नहीं करवा सका, बस उतनी पुस्तकों के पीछे जाउँगा तो भी लम्बे समय तक काम होता रहेगा। अतः विकिपीडिया के साथ विकिस्रोत का भी काम चलेगा। वैसे मुझे ये स्केनर की आवश्यकता 2015 या 2016 से थी परन्तु अज्ञान और गुज.विकि की सहायता से अब तक चला। अनावश्यक खर्च करना और करवाना मेरा काम नहीं। स्केनर का सक्रिय काम होते हुए भी मैंने गुज.विकि का स्केनर काम में लेना उचित समझा क्योंकि जैसे तैसे चल रहा था, परन्तु अब काम बढाना है और समय और अनावश्यक प्रयास को घटाने हैं ऊपर से गुज.विकि के सदस्य ने हीं कहा कि आपका काम बहुत अधिक होता है और हमारा तो अवरित चलता रहता है, ऐसे में आप दूसरा स्केनर ले लीजिये, तब जा कर मैं यहाँ निवेदन कर रहा हूँ। बहुत बार कार्यक्रमों में आने जाने और खाने पीने में ही कुछ लाख कुछ घण्टों में खर्च हो जाते हैं, उससे विपरीत सं.विकि अत्यन्त माइक्रो समुदाय है, तो इतना कुछ मांग भी नहीं पाता। अन्य भाषाओँ की तुलना में इसमें काम भी विरले ही करते हैं, अब इतने वर्षों में प्रयास करने पर भी समुदाय आगे बढ नहीं रहा है, ये स्केनर अनावश्यक कार्य को कम करने में सहायक होगा और कहीं न कहीं कुछ अन्य काम करने के लिये समय देगा।

NehalDaveND (talk) 16:34, 21 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello,@NehalDaveND: Thanks for the request. We have checked this internally in the organisation. Unfortunately because of CIS administrative and auditing issues, currently, equipment support (such as laptop, scanner) can be given as lending to user groups. We tried to check internally to find out alternative ways or workarounds. However, it looks like currently, it would not be possible to provide this support for logistical reasons. Regards. --Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 13:55, 23 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
धन्यवाद। NehalDaveND (talk) 14:17, 23 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Namaste @Jayanta (CIS-A2K):! I want to do some scanning work for reference books. My contribution speed is decreasing day by day as I don't have proper source to write articles. For such tiny community no-one can a big help, if any some user group asks help you or media can help. This is okay. But if I want to do work properly, I need some support. I request you if you can't buy or provide scanner for me, please at least give me scanner for sometime or help me to get scanner through some user group or you know all rules regarding grant, please suggest some path. NehalDaveND (talk) 03:05, 21 April 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

Internet support request edit

Hello A2K team, I'm again requesting for recharge after long time as I was busy in personal life. I'd like to mention here that I'm primary active on Urdu Wikipedia but occasionally I edit Hindi Wikipedia as well as English Wikipedia. I'm trying to write some FA on Urdu Wikipedia, it would be better & easy for me if I'm granted this to complete my task soon. To check my contribution, click (Special:CentralAuth). Thank you. Hasan (talk) 16:53, 17 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi Hasan, thanks for reaching out to us again. I am forwarding your request to the team and will get back to you within a couple of days with a decision. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:04, 20 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi Hasan, thanks again for your request. This request is   Approved. Please get in touch with nitesh@cis-india.org for further conversation. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 17:34, 25 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Regarding Laptop Repair edit

Hello, This is Tamanpreet Kaur, I have been working on Punjabi wikisource continuously for the last 3 years. My laptop has been malfunctioning for some time now and I have been unable to work on it. If CIS-A2K helps me to get laptop repaired then I would be grateful. Tamanpreet Kaur (talk) 12:57, 20 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

you need to state what is the specific problem with your laptop and also details related to repair cost before getting support from the community. ─ The Aafī (talk) 20:42, 20 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi Tamanpreet Kaur, thank you for your request. Also, thank you for your response to the request and Tamanpreet you can consider Aafi's suggestion if you want. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 17:42, 25 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello again Tamanpreet Kaur and also thanks for writing your request here. As Aafi dropped a comment for you here, I would like to ask you what kind of problem your laptop has and what will be the estimated budget? If you did not reach out to the laptop service centre then please ask them and let us know the budget. So, we can conversate further. If you want more clarity or you find something dubious please write below. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 14:18, 29 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi, the damaged part of laptop is panel which affects screen and the customer service told me that the charges for the display replacement alongside labor charges would be ₹4570. The cost of panel is 4468. And my laptop battery is nil, so i have to replace it which costs 1590. The total expense is 10,628. Here I'm seeking your help. I hope I'm helped so that I can continue helping on various Wikisource and Wikipedia projects.Tamanpreet Kaur (talk) 06:33, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello Tamanpreet Kaur, hope you are well. Thank you for your patience and the clarification, the team has decided to   approve this request. Please email at nitesh@cis-india.org for further conversation and we can talk about the process. Thank you again Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:47, 5 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Internet Support edit

Hello Team, as I am very much involved in various committees and community discussions which are mostly online video conferences and it requires heavy internet data, also I contribute to Commons which is also data-hungry. I am Happy that CISA2K supported me previously, I need further 6 month internet support with additional data packet as many times per day data pack limits provided by my Mobile company don't full fill my requirements. Please feel free to ask any questions (email) thanks -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 11:30, 2 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi User:Suyash.dwivedi Ji, thanks for writing your request here. I have forwarded your request to the team and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:45, 4 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi User:Suyash.dwivedi Ji, thanks again for your request and this request is   Approved. For further conversation please email at nitesh@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 04:59, 7 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Internet Support request edit

Namaste! I need internet support, please help. In sa.wiki I have written some good artcles in these three months with help of CIS team. Cotribution. I am planning to develop Yoga Portal. It will take 3 years for decent look. Almost 3k articles are marked by me. I wanted 1 year plan 4199. In next three years my reason will be same to apply for Internt help. I do very simple job, I don't have laptop so borowing from others, so borowing net from CIS. Thanks for help and support. Your last help was yoga book, it is very helpful for me. If you can special help for 1 year, it will be great. Otherwise please recharge with 1199. Thanks. NehalDaveND (talk) 12:57, 17 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello NehalDaveND, thanks for writing your request. I am forwarding your request to the A2K team and get back to you soon with the team's decision. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:32, 19 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello NehalDaveND, thank you for your request and sharing your wonderful contribution for us. This request is   Approved for three months. My apologies, we can not provide one year Internet support due to A2K policies. You can make a request again once your recharge will be over. Please email at nitesh@cis-india.org and medini@cis-india.org. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk)


Punjabi Wikimedians Monthly Meeting(July) edit

Event details edit

  • Language community and project: Punjabi Wikimedians
  • Community discussion (Village Pump link): VP Discussion

Description edit

  • What are the Proposed activities?

This request is for the monthly meet-up of Punjabi Wikimedians. For the past few months, these meet-ups were done online(via different platforms such as Google Meet) but this month the community has decided to have an in-person meeting. The agenda of this meeting will be to discuss the upcoming events/meetups along with that we will plan to organize a follow-up event of Community skill-building workshop. Apart from this if we have enough time we will try to do a small photo walk around a palace in Patiala. We(Punjabi Wikimedians) have special permission to take pictures there.

  • What is the Estimate budget (give it with a detailed break-up)?
Uses Amount
Travels Rs4000
Venue+Lunch Rs5000
Miscellaneous Rs1000

--Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 16:07, 23 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Endorsements edit

  1.   Strong support Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) 13:50, 24 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2.   Strong supportGurtej Chauhan (talk) 16:58, 24 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Discussion edit

Hello Rajdeep human, thank you for posting your request here. I am sharing your request with the A2K team and get back to you soon with the team's follow-up questions or decision. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:32, 25 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿਕਿਪੀਡਿਆ ਦੀ ਆਫਲਾਈਨ ਮੀਟਿੰਗ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਸੰਬੰਧ ਵਿੱਚ request ਪਾਈ ਨੂੰ ਇਕ ਹਫ਼ਤਾ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ,ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਸ ਤੇ ਕੋਈ update ਦੇ ਦਿਓ। ਅਸੀਂ 31ਜੁਲਾਈ ਨੂੰ ਆਫਲਾਈਨ ਮੀਟਿੰਗ ਕਰੀਏ ਜਾਂ ਫਿਰ ਅਸੀਂ ਇਸਨੂੰ postpone ਕਰਕੇ online ਦੇ ਵਿੱਚ convert ਕਰ ਲਈਏ। ਧੰਨਵਾਦ ਜੀ Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 05:54, 29 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
(Rough Translation of Rajdeep Ghuman's text: It's almost been a week since to post a request for Punjabi Wikimedian's offline meeting. Our meeting will take place the day after tomorrow. If there is a delay to respond, we will do it online on the proposed day and will conduct an offline meeting next month. Thanks Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 07:30, 29 July 2022 (UTC) )Reply[reply]
We would like to withdraw this request because we didn't give CIS-A2K enough time to respond, we did this meeting online instead of offline. We have started a discussion within our community and decided to have an offline event in the month of August or September. So for that upcoming event, we will propose a new request or update this one.--Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 17:37, 4 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

DCW's Delhi Wikiquote event edit

Event details edit

Description edit

Thank you everyone at CIS-A2K for everything that you are doing for Wikimedia community throughout India. DCW has planned an offline event in Delhi in first week of August. The event would be a meetup cum workshop for our new volunteers who have begun contributing to Wikiquote. I'll join as a trainer cum advisor. The event aims to design certain strategies in making a bigger community for Wikiquote in English and Urdu languages, with a target of at least ten volunteers by the end of August (all related to DCW's theme). We will do a photo walk around and collect some thematic images as well.

I request CIS to provide some customized tote bags that could be given to the participants. If we get some more bags, we could utilize them in our next events such as the next meetup in Deoband. The budget besides tote bags is as follows:

Issue Estimate budget
Travel expenses Rs. 3000
Food and drinks Rs. 2500
Internet, venue and Misc. Rs. 1500
Totals Rs. 7000

The Aafī (talk) 20:42, 23 July 2022

Discussion edit

Hello Deoband Community Wikimedians, thank you for your request. I am going to forward your request to the A2K team and get back to you soon. Thank you Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:36, 25 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Nitesh (CIS-A2K), Thank you for instantly replying to this request. I hope this event makes ways out for DCW's success and aids in promotion and upliftment of the free knowledge movement. ─ The Aafī (talk) 14:00, 27 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I'd also like to ask if it is possible for CIS-A2K to support with some training materials such as books? Regards, ─ The Aafī (talk) 15:59, 28 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Dear TheAafi, glad to see a request from the Deoband community again. We would like to congratulate you first for progressing too fast. There are a few of follow-up questions:
  • From where will the participants come for the event?
  • What will be the estimated output of the event or photo walk (What kind of Photowalk do you plan for)?
  • Will the tote bags be for all the participants? (10 totebags)

Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:19, 3 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi @Nitesh (CIS-A2K). As I have to join the event as a trainer cum adviser, I've to travel from far South Kashmir. Other participants would come from several places within Delhi and Deoband. The output of the event would be production of few well experienced volunteers that can aid in the development of Wikiquote - both in English and Urdu languages. Wikiquote has one of very lowest community and development, and Urdu Wikiquote is more underdeveloped. Given this, the event targets at least gaining ten different volunteers for betterment of the Wikiquote in Urdu and English languages. Since, adding thematic freely licensed images are part and parcel of the DCW, we will try looking around and collect some free images related to our theme such as about the historical Madrasa Aminia and others. Depending on the attending participants, totebags will be given to everyone, and if any tote bag is left out, it'll be utilized in a later event. DCW believes that compliments are very much helpful in gaining the trust of new volunteers, who thereafter make contributing to encyclopedia their habit. ─ The Aafī (talk) 11:09, 3 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Nitesh (CIS-A2K), do we have any update on this request? Just two days left for 7 August, the day on which this event is proposed to happen. Thanks, ─ The Aafī (talk) 08:13, 5 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@TheAafi, thanks for your patience and the clarification. This request is   Approved. Please collect all the original bills for reimbursement and also share the detailed report after conducting the event. For further conversation, you can email nitesh@cis-india.org and medini@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 12:03, 5 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Nitesh (CIS-A2K), Thanks for approving this request. I have sent you an email from the group's official email vide ticket:2022080510009462. Regards, ─ The Aafī (talk) 19:06, 5 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Report link edit

Dear @TheAafi, could you please share the event report here? Thanks Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:54, 4 November 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Nitesh (CIS-A2K), please find the same available here. I'd be sharing the budgetary details over e-mail very soon. ─ The Aafī (talk) 11:26, 4 November 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Nitesh (CIS-A2K), were you able to go through the learnings and outcomes of this event? Regards, ─ The Aafī (talk) 19:22, 13 November 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Internet Support request edit

Hello CIS-A2K team, I am Nettime Sujata, a volunteer in Bengali Wikipedia. I regularly work for wikipedia, wikisource and occasionally work for wikibook, wikidata and Commons. I received laptop and got internet support previously to do my job. Now again I am in need of internet support so that I can contribute smoothly. Thanking you in advance. Nettime Sujata (talk) 17:56, 25 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Dear Nettime Sujata, thank you for your request. I am forwarding your request to A2K and will get back to you asap. Thank you Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 11:55, 27 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thank you very much Nettime Sujata (talk) 13:54, 27 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello Nettime Sujata, thank you for your request. This request is   Approved for providing the upcoming three months recharge. For further conversation please email nitesh@cis-india.org and medini@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:07, 3 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Internet Support request edit

Hello CIS-A2K Team, My plan is going to expire in next few days, I'm requesting for internet support for next three months only again. Please have a look here for my global contributions As a global rollbacker. Regards -J. Ansari Talk 17:34, 26 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello J ansari, thank you for your request. I am sharing your request with the A2K team and will get back to you as early as possible. Thank you Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 11:57, 27 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello again J ansari, The request for internet is   Approved for three months. For further conversation please email nitesh@cis-india.org and medini@cis-india.org. Regards Nitesh (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:09, 3 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Internet Support request edit

Hello Team, as I am very much involved in various committees and community discussions which are mostly online video conferences and it requires heavy internet data, also I contribute to Commons which is also data-hungry. I am happy that CISA2K supported me previously, As my current internet plan is going to expire on the 2nd of January 2023 I need further 6-month internet support with additional data packet as many times per day data pack limits provided by my Mobile company don't full fill my requirements. Please feel free to ask any questions (email) thanks -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 14:55, 31 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]