Karavali Wikimedians User Group, CIS A2K Bengaluru, Karnataka Arebhashe Samskruthi mathu Sahitya Academy, St Aloysius College (Autonomous) Mangaluru, are collaborating & conducting a one-day conclave seminar.
Topics Resource Persons Edit
- Topic 1. Endangered Languages and Dictionary - Prof Ramaswamy Challapan, Retired Professor, Madras University
- Topic 2. Digitalization of Books and Open Source - Shri Om Shivaprakash, Expert
- Topic 3. Endangered languages and Patronage - Shri Tanvir Hasan, Expert
Venue and date Edit
- Date: 06 August 2022(We are rescheduling the program to august first week due to heavy rainfalls at Coastal Karnataka)
- Venue: St Aloysius College (Autonomous) Mangaluru
Pages on local Wikipedia Edit
Interested in Participation Edit
- --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 18:10, 23 May 2022 (UTC)
- --Yakshitha (talk) 16:28, 24 May 2022 (UTC)
- --Anvith VB (talk) 17:21, 26 May 2022 (UTC)
- --Saroja MK (talk) 17:47, 26 May 2022 (UTC)
- --Pavanaja (talk) 03:32, 28 May 2022 (UTC)
- --Durga bhat bollurodi (talk) 16:38, 11 July 2022 (UTC)
- Lokesha Kunchadka (talk) 11:43, 1 August 2022 (UTC)
- --Keerthana Shetty (talk) 16:19, 6 August 2022 (UTC)
- Indudhar Haleangadi (talk) 16:21, 6 August 2022 (UTC)
- Sathwikprasad (talk) 17:29, 6 August 2022 (UTC)
Arebhashe Dictionary Realease Edit
Arebhashe dictionary titled ‘Arebhashe Padakosha-Arebashe Kannada-English Dictionary’, published by Karnataka Arebhashe Samskruti and Sahitya Academy, was released at St Aloysius College on 6 August 6 2022. The book was released by B A Vivek Rai- Former Vice Chancellor, Hampi Kannada University, joined by Fr Melwin Pinto SJ, Rector, St Aloysius Institutions, Mangaluru; Rev Dr Praveen Martis SJ -Principal, St Aloysius College, Mangaluru; Academy President Lakshminarayana Kajegadde; Prof Vishwanath Badikana, assistant professor, Kannada, St Aloysius College ; Prof Che Ramaswamy, retired professor from Madras University , among others.
The main editor of this Dictionary is Dr. Vishwanatha Badikana and Shri Bharathesha Alasanademajalu they are active members of Karavali Wikimedins Users Group.
Release of Arebhashe Dictionary
Participants Conclave seminar
In the afternoon session, Prof. Ramaswamy will speak on “Endangered Languages and Projects”, Wikipedia Foundation Employee, Sri Tanvir Hasan will speak on, “Digitalization, Open Knowledge, Unicode and Arebhashe” and Sri Om Shivaprakash of Sanchaya addressed the gathering as a resource person. Dr Mahalinga Bhat, Dr Kishore Kumar Rai, Sheni and Smt Babitha Shetty has been the moderators of the sessions.
Lecture by Prof. Che Ramaswamy
Lecture by Mr. Omshivaprakash
Lecture by Mr. Tanveer Hasan
Tulu Wikipedia 7th Anniversary Edit
Dr Vishwanatha Badikana presented a report on the achievements of Tulu Wikipedia and light talk on the occation a celebration of the 7th anniversary of the organization.
Karavali Wikimedians are in Conclave Seminar
Dr Vishwanatha Badikana addressing the gathering on the occasion of 7th Anniversary.
Vote of Thanks by Mr Bharathesha Alasandemajalau
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Arebhashe Dictionary releasing Program 50 People||120 people have participated||Language Experts, Professors, Students of Various colleges, Wikipedians, Wikimedians and Wikimania Karavali Wikimedia active volunteers|
|Conclave Seminar - 50 People||More than 100 people have participated||Language Experts, Professors, Lectures & Students of Various colleges, Wikipedians, Wikimedians and Wikimania Karavali Wikimedia active volunteers|
|Tulu Wikipedia 7th Anniversary Celebration||More than 100 people have participated||20+ Active Karavali Wikimedinas have participated.|
Grant funds spent Edit
- The full details here