I wish to change this account, Missvain to the new username SarahStierch.
WikiWomenCamp Registration FormEdit
You listed your name as someone interested in be part of WikiWomenCamp, which will be held in Buenos Aires from 23 to 25 May, 2012.
We are asking everyone to fill this form will all your info. Everyone is invited to fill this form, even if you don't have a grant to cover your expenses yet.
Thanks for you interrest, and I hope to see you in Buenos Aires in May :)
Greetings from the SchoolhouseEdit
Hello Sarah, I am the Principal at the Schoolhouse. I have visited the Teahouse receiving warm welcomes and answers to a few startup questions. Today I visited the teahouse project page from seeing my school project mentioned through Nihonjoe (i believe I got that name correct.) So now I am here in person (albeit virtual), offering what might be a legitimate avenue of welcoming, training, keeping, new editors, like myself, with my vision of opening a one room schoolhouse (which is happening right now, see links above), and through the schoolhouse, which I would like to have the Page One Room Schoolhouse (now redirected to One-room school for the article about one room schoolhouses across the globe (Earth and eventually the Milky Way and beyond)((No pun intended)). Please see what drives me and why I am here on Wikipedia. I am also here on Meta-Wiki. After you read/review the OrschDraft, you will know Mrs. Jackie, who requested me to write the article about Orsch and not knowing guidelines, policies, etc, et. al., we (she and I) created Orschstaffer. I am the editor/writer, she is the email account we signed up as. (As she is very busy trying to finish her book (about her Orsch), hopefully soon we will correct the email thing changing it to my email. Meanwhile, Orschstaffer is treading on shaky ground, (as I am beginning to understand more about this Wiki stuff). But not to digress from my intentions of this greeting, I would like to be part or parcel to the Teahouse or at least set up the Schoolhouse next door. I would also like to be approved and sanctioned under the Wiki Foundation Projects, the School Projects, and others which fulfill the visions I am having while doing this school project for Mrs Jackie. Meager attempts to catch someone's attention has succeeding with Nihonjoe, and Jeff (who I wrote an elaborate explanation about my situation), on his talk page, which he deleted or moved, and sent no other words or response other than allowing me to continue. Verbosity is a bane of mine, so in short form, Can you help me? I love Wikipedia, see my contributions, albeit, mostly my own userspace, a few bold attempts at the important ones. See w:Centipetal Spring Armchair which I found from yesterday's Did you know at the featured articles page. After seeing You can help this article I added two links to the article based on the Orphan status. It is time for communication with the folks who may put my visions on board, legitimatelly.
Honored to meet you, and looking forward to Improving Wikipedia and Other Projects. your autodidactic friend, Pappy.(Orschstaffer (talk) 17:07, 12 June 2012 (UTC))
Sarah, if you please can you stop calling everything "WikiWomen" this or that? The conference (where the name come from) have a series of activities who arent in any way connect with most of the uses you give to the word. Can you stop do it and start reusing the "WikiChixs" or "Ada something" like you did before? Béria Lima msg 21:31, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
Nice to know that the blogging party has started! I have a few questions:
- Is it okay to re-publish my posts which were first published on my personal blog for the WWC initiative?
- Is it okay to post a blog draft in Malayalam (ml) language on meta? If yes, how could I get it reviewed?
- For how long will the project be open? I would be a little busy in October and early November, and would not be able to write posts.
- Hi Netha! If all goes well, the project will run forever ;) So if you're too busy during certain times, no problem. "Real" life is more important than wikilife! The other two questions I'm going to get the feedback of Matthew Roth. SarahStierch (talk) 18:00, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
- Ok! I have the details. Yes, you ca re-publish your posts on your blog, absolutely. Second, we'd love to have ml for the blog posts, and English. Even if the English is a bit rough, we can then have it proof read. Right now, the translation system works by having English translated into other languages. So, we'll just have to do it manually ourselves. Great questions! SarahStierch (talk) 00:16, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quick reply. --Netha Hussain (talk) 18:07, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- I began a draft here. Will finish writing the post by around second week of October. --Netha Hussain (talk) 18:12, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
Wikiwomen Collaborative FB groupEdit
Super late replyEdit
Hi Sarah, I just now saw your note on my page on meta (i'm still learning my way around the maze :) Sorry for the very late reply, I don't know if you guys still need moderators, but I am happy to give it a try. Thanks for all the support! Slventura (talk) 22:00, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
PED meeting in Budapest & WLMEdit
I had a look at your draft of the PED workshop blog post and at your Etherpads, and wanted to ask a question that's been on my mind for a while now and which other members of the Wiki Loves Monuments international team requested me to ask you: I know that Lodewijk (Effeietsanders) was supposed to take part in the meeting, possibly to provide some feedback on how Wiki Loves Monuments — the biggest community-organised initiative to date — deals with project evaluation and development. I'm being told that he's been denied a place at the meeting, and am wondering how did discussing project evaluation with regards to WLM went ahead without anyone from the WLM-international team go? Looking forward to hearing from you, odder (talk) 00:06, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Odder! I'm actually announcing our current (albiet temporary) Program Evaluation & Design space today - you can find it here Program Evaluation and Design, your comment and question arrives at a perfect time. :) For future note, you can also ask questions about Program Evaluation & Design work and concepts here: Share Space Q&A - if you want a more community environment outside my talk page. Anyway, Multichill did attend and I know he was heavily involved in the creation and development of WLM. I am not yet familiar with the international WLM team members so I'm unclear on if anyone else who applied and was accepted at the workshop (and attended) was involved. You can see a complete listing of who attended here.
- At the workshop, participants were assigned to teams based on their involvement in programs - so, we had a Wiki Loves Monuments/Wiki Takes team! Each team was led by a facilitator, and the WLM/WikiTakes team was facilitated by Jaime, who is the Program Evaluation & Design Specialist. Therefore, Jaime probably has the first and foremost insight on what facilitating that team was like and what the logic model developed was like, since I led a different team (about GLAM content donations!). On the Share Space, you can find the WLM/Wiki Takes team page here. That's where the team members share their experiences with WLM/Wiki Takes, including evaluation they did and they wished to develop. They learned about each others work, and then brought that knowledge and experience into their break out group twice during the workshop. During the first breakout, each team developed a logic model based on their experience with that program. The one that they created is posted to the right, and you can find resources here that talk about logic models, and so forth. I'd suggest reaching out directly on the talk pages of that team or on the Share Space pages to get further input from them (and Jaime) on how they feel it went. When they did present on their work to the entire workshop group, Kippelboy presented about it and it sure seemed to document all the goals, inputs, outputs and outcomes that I've experienced as a volunteer in WLM. Talk to you later and I hope this helped! SarahStierch (talk) 19:32, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- I'm going to read the pages you linked me to, but in the meantime I'll just mention that the patch I submitted on Gerrit for the new "Programs:" namespace has been merged and deployed on June 18 (three weeks ago), so you can slowly start moving your content into that namespace (also see Nemo's comment from July 2). The list of the 2013 WLM international team members is on Commons, and Lodewijk was supposed to be our representative there, since we thought that feedback from someone who actually knows how things were done in multiple countries (not just one) might have been useful to you. I'm gonna do some reading now and will probably get back to you. odder (talk) 21:36, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
Usually I prefer not to delete reasonable redirects. I think that this is a 100% valid, and possibly searched page name. However, if you are sure you want it to be deleted, I will complete the request. Do you want to delete Program Evaluation and Design/Share Space, which redirects to the same page, as well? But the latter has actual links to it. PiRSquared17 (talk) 02:54, 13 July 2013 (UTC)
Hola, gràcies a la teva firma donant suport a la nostra associació. El passat dia 5 de juny Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) va ser reconeguda pel Consell d'Administració de la Fundació Wikimedia com a Organització Temàtica. Pots veure el comunicat de l'associació en català aquí o el comunicat de la WMF en anglès aquí. Per a la nostra associació és una fita molt important, portàvem 5 anys demanant ésser un organisme oficial. Nosaltres continuarem la nostra tasca de promoció al carrer i a les institucions de la Viquipèdia i els seus projectes germans arreu dels territoris de parla catalana.
Hello, thanks for your signature giving support to our association. Last 5th of June Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) was recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as a Thematic Organization. You can read the news bulletin of our association in Catalan here or the WMF's bulletin in English here. For our association, this is a very important achievement: we have been pursuing the official recognition for the last 5 years. We are going to continue the task of promoting Wikipedia and its sister projects all around the Catalan-speaking regions.
If Wikimedia LGBT is a project you might participate in, or generally support, in any way, please considering adding your list to the name of supporters. Thank you. --Another Believer (talk) 16:39, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
About glossary translationEdit
Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program surveyEdit
Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.
Click here to be taken to the survey site.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.
This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:46, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
We've crafted a short proposal for an up-coming library conference session (here) on how edit-a-thons can leverage local history assets and build community engagement... d'ya want a copy for the PE&D archives on edit-athons that you are building? Dunno if they'll choose us to present session, but fingers crossed, right? Bdcousineau (talk) 14:45, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there. You're welcome to share it with us if you want. I can't really tell if it'd fall into scope of PE&D until I see it. And we don't really have an archives..I'd just, um, put it in an email folder, or um, I dunno yet! I'm only documenting early edit-a-thons for a very short (um 500 words or less) paragraph I'm writing for a report we're doing. So, I'm not really documenting the history of edit-a-thons in a formal way. So it's up to you! Good luck, that's great that you submitted that, I look forward to hearing how it goes. SarahStierch (talk) 16:53, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi Sarah, I just added myself to the list of people interested in being WikiWomen's Collaborative FB admins! You may or may not already know who I am on facebook -- if you have trouble finding me, email me through Wikimedia/Wikipedia and I'll send you my Facebook profile. (Kind of paranoid about putting too much personal information here.) Thanks! Calliopejen1 (talk) 18:45, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
I undid this edit but then got confused as to who made it.
Feel free to change it, of course.
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)Edit
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
WikiConference North America 2020 registrationEdit
Thank you for signing up to attend WikiConference North America 2020! If you haven't already, it would be much appreciated if you could also take a minute to register through our form at register.wcna.wiki. While not required, this will help us keep you informed via email, and will also help give us an idea of attendance numbers over the next three days. Thank you, ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 19:07, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
Invitation to participate in Universal Code of Conduct survey - WikiWomen's User GroupEdit
(You are receiving this message as you signed your interest to participate as part of the WikiWomen's User Group)
Hello, my name is Mervat Salman, a UCoC Facilitator, Trust and Safety team.
As you know, the WMF Board of Trustees ratified the Universal Code of Conduct early in February. That's the beginning; the policy itself cannot be used if the enforcement pathways are not defined. The implementation and enforcement of the UCoC requires the continuous cooperation to define clear definitions of enforcement pathways and processes. This needs to be done in a way that does not contradict with the internal bylaws and codes of conduct currently in place, but rather to support them and complement their deficiencies, if any.
In this phase of the process, we would like to invite you to share your ideas, thoughts and concerns about the UCoC implementation, reporting and enforcement pathways using this survey:
Notice: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/UCoC_Affiliates_Survey_Privacy_Statement>.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mervat (WMF) 17:00, 9 April 2021 (UTC)