Meta talk:Translation requests
Help on translate wiki ? edit
- @Anthere, Why i dont seen landing page for ISA on TWN? I'm creating now - see translatewiki:Translating:ISA (please update contact info). Kaganer (talk) 18:30, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- @Anthere maybe You repost this request in the Meta talk:Babylon? Kaganer (talk) 19:52, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
Here is the link to the landing page : https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:ISA
Should we move all subpages of Translation requests/... or not? edit
- Translatable pages can be moved along with translations (if needed). Kaganer (talk) 17:32, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- But what is the purpose? Kaganer (talk) 17:33, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
@Amire80 and anyone else who's interested:
I think the collapsed/hidden instructions for un-subscribing at MediaWiki:Translatorsignup-summary are unclear. Does that mean "uncheck all the boxes in the 'Preferred contact methods' section" and then click the big blue button?
Also, is there a way to purge inactive translators from the list, or skip them when sending notifications? I wouldn't want to send requests to people who haven't edited for a year. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 19:25, 24 October 2022 (UTC)
- Removing either all languages or contact methods (or both) will effectively unsubscribe.
- As far as I remember, there are no features to skip inactive translators. Nikerabbit (talk) 06:59, 25 October 2022 (UTC)
- Nikerabbit, I have filed phab:T323192 for this. A quick look at the people I've notified suggests that very few of the messages sent by Special:NotifyTranslators are reaching active editors. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 04:14, 16 November 2022 (UTC)
- FWIW, removing all languages doesn’t appear to be possible (“This value is required”). So I guess removing all contact methods is the only effective way to unsubscribe. Galaktos (talk) 18:23, 14 September 2023 (UTC)
- APatro (WMF) or @Nikerabbit may be interested in this problem.
- APatro very kindly purged long-time inactive users from the list. Here at Meta-Wiki, just over 60% of people receiving messages either hadn't ever contributed a translation here, or weren't active any longer. The list will get updated again in a few weeks. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 22:53, 14 September 2023 (UTC)
- I may have misunderstood your comment, but want to clarify that the script removes subscribers who are inactive across all Wikimedia wikis for a period of 1 year and not specifically Meta-Wiki or any other particular wiki.
- Regards, APatro (WMF) (talk) 14:10, 21 September 2023 (UTC)
- I've created: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T347009 to provide a more intuitive way to unsubscribe. APatro (WMF) (talk) 13:47, 21 September 2023 (UTC)