Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta! Edit

Hello, Jarekt. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

- Ottava Rima (talk) 02:04, 16 December 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Fundraising translation feedback Edit

Hey Jarekt,

I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.

To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Polish using This Link

Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.

Many Thanks

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 12:36, 26 March 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions Edit

The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.

If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on

I'm notifying you because you participated in one of several relevant discussions. -Pete F (talk) 22:10, 20 August 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]

GLAMify has completed a report for you! :) Edit


GLAMify has just completed a report you asked for, with suggestions for integrating media from commons:Category:Media contributed by the Walters Art Museum.

The report is waiting for you here. :) Please note that the report pages may get deleted after 60 days, so if you'd like to keep these results around, copy them somewhere else.

Your faithful servant,

Ijonbot (talk) 20:09, 31 July 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Achille Delaere Edit

Hello Jarekt, You've been a big help with this article before. I want to improve the portrait in this article. I would like to replace the faded photo with a high quality photo of an oil painting of it. I sent an e-mail on Saturday, July 11, 2015 7:19 AM, attaching the oil painting and a permissions formed which was filled out. Its almost a month since I sent it, asking them if they could replace the photo with the oil painting, and I've received no reply. Would you be able to find my e-mail and take a look at it, and let me know if this replacement might be possible? Thank you. Nicola Mitchell (talk) 19:48, 5 August 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.


As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet helpReply[reply]

Merchandise giveaway Edit

Hi Jarek T,

You have been nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program. Congratulations and thank you for your hard work! Please email us at merchandise wikimedia org and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.

Thanks! --SHust (WMF) (talk) 02:20, 5 October 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Plagiarism detection Edit

Hi! You voted for improving plagiarism detection as an important suggestions in the community wishlist survey last year. I'm pinging people who showed interest in that task to tell them we have some suggestions for how things could look, if you'd like to glance at them and give us some feedback. They're available here: phab:T120435#2266283. It's easiest if comments are left in Phabricator, since that's where much of the development is happening, but they can be left on Meta too, of course. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 17:23, 13 May 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

IRC office hour for Wikimedia Foundation copyright strategy Edit

Hi there - thank you for your participation in the copyright strategy discussion so far! In addition to contributing on-wiki, you may be interested in an upcoming IRC office hour the Wikimedia Foundation legal team is holding to discuss the copyright strategy. It will be on September 15 at 14:00 UTC. More information is available on Meta-Wiki. Thanks! Joe Sutherland (WMF) 00:48, 8 September 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

2016 Community Wishlist Survey Edit


You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.

The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wishlist Survey votes Edit

Hi Jarekt, Thanks for participating in the Wishlist Survey! I saw that you posted support votes on Support KLM files and Improve QuickStatements. Voting hasn't started yet -- the voting phase starts on November 28th. We're not counting votes that are cast early, because the proposals can change during this phase, and you might end up voting for something that changes in a way that you didn't expect. I'm going to change the Support template in your message to "Good idea". If that response doesn't work for you, then feel free to change it. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! -- DannyH (WMF) (talk) 00:40, 16 November 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

DannyH (WMF), Thanks for heads up. I realize that there will be a voting phase and I meant to support or not support different ideas going to the voting phase. "Good idea" message works for me. --Jarekt (talk) 17:50, 17 November 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Cool, thanks! -- DannyH (WMF) (talk) 18:41, 17 November 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Quarry Edit

Hi Jarekt, you wrote

Big fan of Quarry tool, but I never noticed the issue mentioned above. I would support any quarry maintenance efforts if they are needed. --Jarekt (talk) 13:31, 16 November 2016 (UTC)

Right now it happens once again, see Best, --Achim (talk) 20:08, 18 January 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Suggesting OTRS Edit

Re [1], are you sure sending people to OTRS is a good use of everyone's time? I always try to avoid using OTRS. I prefer to get people to publish stuff under a free license in the open, e.g. on their own website or (at worst) free hosting spaces. --Nemo 19:21, 5 March 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Nemo when someone releases an image under CC license, but it is clear that they are not the photographers or file was previously published somewhere on the web, than we add a standard template c:template:No permission which says that if they are copyright holders than they need to send a permission to OTRS an if not than they need to find photographers or copyright holders and ask them to send it. Most of the time we never hear from them again, but sometimes they follow through and send the permission. Your solution is fine but it only covers situation when the file was previously published. --Jarekt (talk) 03:16, 6 March 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Too many proposals Edit

Hey, you're at 4 proposals already while the rules allow no more than 3 per user. Could you pick the ones that are most important to you, please? Finding someone to adopt one of your proposals is also an option. Thanks. Max Semenik (talk) 19:42, 15 November 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Max Semenik Thanks for heads up, I did not see that rule. I will see if I can talk someone into adopting one. --Jarekt (talk) 19:45, 15 November 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hello! A friendly reminder that the proposal phase ends tomorrow. Please let us know which three proposals you'd like to keep. Apologies for the inconvenience! MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 17:11, 19 November 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]
MusikAnimal (WMF), I dropped the QuickStatements proposal and it was picked up by someone else. --Jarekt (talk) 01:39, 20 November 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Sounds good! Thank you :) MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 02:00, 20 November 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wishlist vote Edit

Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that this vote will be counted as support, since you used the {{support}} template. We will however read all the comments, so that much won't go ignored :) You can just change it to '''support''' (or something that's not a template) if you don't want it to count. Thanks for participating in the survey! MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 19:02, 30 November 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello again! Friendly notice that you voted twice on Allow multiple entry from same site on wikidata, so I have merged the two. Feel free to reword, etc. Regards, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 02:44, 11 December 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I am going though those pages several times, and I guess I did not noticed that I already voted. Thanks for fixing. --Jarekt (talk) 03:24, 11 December 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Commond deletion bot requirements Edit

I'm contacting you because you supported the Commons Deletion Bot proposal in the 2017 Community Wishlist. The Wishlist team has finalized the draft specifications for how the bot will work, and are seeking review in confirming or discussing the plans for the bot. If you have some time, please take a look and leave a comment. Thanks, happy editing to you. - Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:06, 12 April 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Commons deletion notification bot Edit


You are receiving this message because you supported the Commons deletion notification bot in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.

Commons deletion notification bot is ready to be deployed to any Wikimedia wiki that wishes to use it. If your community is interested in the bot, you can leave a request on the project page on meta-wiki. The bot messages are available for translation on, as part of preparing the bot for release.

Thank you for your participation in the Wishlist. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:29, 16 August 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project Edit

Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Community Wishlist Survey Edit


You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

WikiConference North America 2020 registration Edit

Thank you for signing up to attend WikiConference North America 2020! If you haven't already, it would be much appreciated if you could also take a minute to register through our form at While not required, this will help us keep you informed via email, and will also help give us an idea of attendance numbers over the next three days. Thank you, ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 19:08, 10 December 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:08, 11 December 2020 (UTC)

Help wanted for global templates Edit

Hi Jarekt,

You proposed global templates in 2015. Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation view this change as big. We need to convince the Wikimedia Foundation to start working on this. We have to reassure them there is sufficient support by local project communities.

You can help move this forward.

Please do setup a page on the local projects you are (most) active on in the language of the project. Tell your fellow editors why you believe global templates are necessary. Follow the local project decision process to come to a discussion outcome as support or not. There is plenty of time for discussion. Please reach a conclusion before the end of April 2021.

Please translate the coordinating page on meta to languages you are proficient in.

Please add a line to this meta page with a link to a discussion page on your local project(s).

The goal is to have the Wikimedia Foundation include a program to develop infrastructure for global templates in their 2021/2022 Annual Plan. The Wikimedia Foundation will decide on the Annual Plan in May/June this year.

The aim is to have several dozen local project communities to show support, and little concerns, issues or objections. Of course, any project can continue to use their local templates.

When you have questions about this initiative you can reach me at ad or + 31 6 40293574, and also on Telegram and Signal. You can also raise questions on the talk page on meta. Maybe some people would like to discuss this initiative in a meeting. Please let me know whether you would like to join a Zoom meeting in February.


Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 11:09, 23 January 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Template:Authority control tag: stand-alone nominated for deletion Edit

Hello. An item which you created or have edited substantially (Template:Authority control tag: stand-alone) has been nominated for deletion. Please see the ongoing discussion at Meta:Requests for deletion. Thank you. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
19:25, 8 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Interview Request Edit

Hi Jarek!

My name is Seve, and I am a Product Manager at the Wikimedia Foundation. I am reaching out to GLAM users as part of an upcoming research study I am conducting.

We wish to learn more about how editors discover and use tools and hopefully come up with related products or services that meet your needs and the needs of people like you. I would like to request an hour to interview you for whatever time works best for you. Let me emphasize that I don't wish or intend to interfere with your day or waste your time.

If you want to learn more details about participating in this study, I'd be happy to give you a call and explain more.

Thank you, Seve

SKim (WMF) (talk) 19:54, 23 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SKim (WMF), I will be happy to talk with you. I am located in Eastern US timezone. What days or times would work for you? --Jarekt (talk) 01:39, 24 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I am currently available next Monday (Aug 30), Tuesday (Aug 31) and Thursday (Sep 2) between 4-6 PM EST. Do any of those times work for you? Also if you could provide a good email I can send an invite with the link to the video chat. SKim (WMF) (talk) 13:56, 25 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
SKim (WMF), if it is still open tomorrow (Monday 4-6 PM EST) would work the best. --Jarekt (talk) 02:50, 30 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Yes, I've send an invite to your email for today, Monday at 4:00 PM EST. Talk with you then! SKim (WMF) (talk) 14:31, 30 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
SKim (WMF), I am sorry. something come up and I did not have access to the internet most of the day. Tuesday and Thursday I have something going on both evenings and on Friday I am heading for a busy 4 day weekend. Maybe we should try again next week? --Jarekt (talk) 01:25, 31 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
No worries! I am on holiday starting next week so I will try again the following week if that works for you! SKim (WMF) (talk) 15:48, 31 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation for WikiConference North America 2021 Edit

Thank you for signing up for last year's WikiConference North America 2020! I'd like to invite you to this year's WikiConference North America 2021, taking place online and free, October 8-10.

  • Registration is open and takes just a few minutes!
  • Program submissions are also open through the end of the month, though they are being reviewed on a rolling basis—so the sooner you submit, the better! We are accepting presentations, workshops, round tables, or any other type of session format you can think of.

If you've already registered or submitted a proposal—thank you! We look forward to seeing you soon. ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 19:08, 11 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Call For Volunteer Facilitators Across Africa Edit

The African Narrative

Dear Wikimedian,

The Africa Narrative is seeking volunteer facilitators in Egypt (two volunteers) and Senegal (two volunteers) for the AfroCreatives Wikiproject.

The AfroCreatives Wikiproject aims to support and mobilize creatives and professionals from the African creative sector, as well as enthusiasts more broadly, to contribute and enhance knowledge on Wikipedia about Africa’s creative economy. Its inaugural effort will target the film sectors of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal.

The Africa Narrative (TAN) is a non-profit that develops singular, high-impact initiatives in support of African creatives and the African cultural and creative industries with the aim to strengthen capacity in the continent’s creative economy and the global visibility of African cultural soft power.

All volunteers must have full professional proficiency in English. In Senegal, they must have native or full professional proficiency in French; in Egypt, they must have native or full professional proficiency in Arabic. Volunteer facilitators should have a vast knowledge about Wikimedia projects and experience with teaching new editors. All volunteers will be compensated.

Interested participants may sign up on the project's Meta page. You may also indicate your country and email if your Wikipedia account is not associated with any email address.

The Africa Narrative/Volunteers

We will be glad if you can share with or recommend an Egyptian or Senegalese Wikipedian as well.

Thank you.

Danidamiobi (talk) 08:12, 25 February 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Why? help me Edit

Hi. This user, without any documents, without any reason, it linked my account to someone other user and reported me wrongly to global page!. Why is such a license given to the wrong people? thanks. Lacipetom (talk) 02:08, 15 October 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]