The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
- 2020-07-12 Başak Tosun, Jeffrey Keefer, Bunty Avieson, Suyash Dwivedi and Ravan Al-Taie have been appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new member, in addition, incumbent member Camelia Boban has been re-appointed for an additional term. Also, Anthony B. Diaz joined as a new adviser.
- 2020-06-24 The Wikimedia Community User Group Sudan has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-06-13 The Helping Give Away Psychological Science has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-06-13 The Para-Wikimedians Community User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-05-05 The WikiBlind User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-03-27 The Wikimedia Community of Kazakh language User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-03-13 The Wikimedians for Sustainable Development has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
The Affiliates Committee comprises volunteers selected for their enthusiasm and their skills in community organising, cross-cultural communication, reviewing bylaws, and providing governance advice for emerging organisations. There are currently ten voting members with terms of two years each; the terms are arranged so that half of the seats are up for election every year.
Voting members of the Committee are helped by an unspecified number of non-voting advisers, either appointed by the Board of Trustees (known as Board liaisons) or by the Committee itself. Advisers provide the Committee with on-the-ground experience, language skills, and governance advice, and are able to take part in discussions on an internal wiki and a non-public mailing list.
Certain Wikimedia Foundation staff members are also actively present on the Affiliations Committee's non-public mailing list and internal wiki acting as liaisons and providing insight and advice when needed. They are not formal members of the committee, and are present at the request of the Wikimedia Foundation and with permission from voting members of the committee.
If you'd like to be a voting member of the Committee, please leave a note on the talk page, and you'll be notified when seats become available. The next selection is scheduled for the end of 2019, with new members joining the Committee in early 2020. New members and advisers may be added mid-term, as well.
|Mehman Ibragimov||ka-N, tr-N, ru-N, az-N, en-3||Georgia, Eastern Europe (UTC+4)||December 31, 2021|
|Emna Mizouni||ar-N, en-3, fr-3, es-1||Tunisia, Africa (UTC+1)||December 31, 2021||副主席|
|Sami Mlouhi||ar-N, en-3, fr-3, it-1||Tunisia, Africa (UTC+1)||December 31, 2021||秘書|
|Camelia Boban||ro-N, it-4, en-2, fr-1||Rome, Italy (UTC+1)||December 31, 2022||財務秘書|
|Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight||en-N, es-3, fr-2, sr-2||California, United States (UTC-8/UTC-7)||December 31, 2021||Chair|
|Olushola Olaniyan||en-4, yo-N||Lagos, Nigeria (UTC+1)||December 31, 2021|
|Başak Tosun||tr-N, en-5||Turkey, Eastern Europe (UTC+3)||December 31, 2022|
|Ravan Al-Taie||ar-N, en-3||Iraq, Western Asia (UTC+3)||December 31, 2022|
|Jeffrey Keefer||en-N, fr-2||United States, North America (UTC-4/UTC-5)||December 31, 2022|
|Suyash Dwivedi||hi-N, en-3, sa-2||India, South Asia (UTC+05:30)||December 31, 2022|
|Bunty Avieson||en-N||Australia, Oceania (UTC+8/+9.5/+10)||December 31, 2022|
|Anthony B. Diaz||Philippines, Southeast Asia (UTC+8)||December 31, 2022|
|Jorid Martinsen||no-N, nn-3, en-3||Norway, Northern Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||September 30, 2021|
|Ilario Valdelli||it-N, en-3, fr-3||Switzerland, Central Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||September 30, 2021|
|Shani Evenstein Sigalov||Israel, Western Asia (UTC+2)||Board liaison|
|Dr. James Heilman||en-N, fr-2||Board liaison|
|Jaime Anstee||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison|
|Dumisani Ndubane||ts-N, en-4||South Africa (UTC+2)||—||Staff Liaison|
|Manavpreet Kaur||pa-N, en-4, hi-3, fr-2||Punjab, India, Asia (UTC+5:30)||—||Staff Liaison|
|Kalliope Tsouroupidou||en-N, el-N, pl-3, es-1||Greece (UTC +2)||—||Staff Liaison (Trust & Safety)|
|Charles Roslof||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Stephen LaPorte||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Delphine Ménard||fr-N, en-4, de-3, es-2, it-2||Germany, Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||—||Staff observer|