Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections/2013/sv
|The election ended 22 June 2013. No more votes will be accepted.|
The results were announced on 24 June 2013.
The 2013 elections to the Board of Trustees will be held from June 8 through June 22, 2013. Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect three candidates to a two-year term which will expire in 2015. The Board of Trustees is the ultimate governing authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered in the United States. The Wikimedia Foundation manages many diverse projects such as Wikipedia and Commons.
Valberedningen kommer att annonsera resultatet före eller under den 28 juni. Detaljerade resultat kommer att finnas tillgängliga.
Information för kandidater
The selection of new board members must comply with the WMF Board's duty of care. The Board must act in a reasonable, diligent, and informed manner, and with the care that an ordinarily prudent person would use in similar circumstances. This duty of care, for example, applies to the careful selection of qualified individuals to serve on the Board who would not bring disrepute to that body.
De som överväger en kandidatur rekommenderas att läsa board manual i sin helhet innan de sänder in sin kandidatur.
Uppdrag och ansvarsområden som medlem av styrelsen
- "Från styrelsehandboken
Styrelsen är det högsta beslutande organet i Wikimedia Foundation. Ansvarsområden som faller under styrelsen:
- sätta upp uppdrag, mål, långsiktiga planer och policies för WMF och dess projekt
- välja VD för WMF som överser hans eller hennes dagliga verksamhet och utvärderar dennes prestationer
- försäkra organisationens överlevnad genom att se till att organisationen har oberoende inkomstkällor
- kommunicera WMF:s aktiviteter till communityn
- vara ett stöd för personalen när det gäller redovisning, budgetering och program
- bibehålla legal och etisk integritet
- rekrytera och orientera nya förvaltare
- beskriva WMF:s uppdrag för allmänheten
Styrelsens uppdrag inkluderar inte:
- blanda sig i den dagliga verksamheten förutom i nödfall
- sätta Wikimedia-policies på projektnivå
- försöka lösa basala dispyter i communityn
- arbeta som volontär i specifika områden inom WMF:s organisatoriska arbete
Förutsättningar för att kandidera
To be eligible, candidates must be willing and able to fulfill the duties of board and committee service, including expending the time and energy required to conduct due inquiry into relevant issues, to make informed decisions in good faith, and to attend board meetings regularly. The eligibility requirements for candidates are the same as for voters (see voter requirements), with the following additional requirements:
- You must not have been convicted of a serious crime or any crime involving dishonesty or deception; and
- You must not have been removed from a position at a non-profit organization or other company because of mismanagement or misconduct; and
- At the time of nomination or election, you may not be banned or blocked from any Wikimedia project for a period of 30 days or longer; and
- You must publicly disclose your real name in your candidate presentation (because the identities of Board members are a matter of public record, it is not possible to hold a position on the Board of Trustees anonymously or under a pseudonym); and
- Be at least 18 years old and of legal age in your home country; and
- Submit proof of your identity to the Wikimedia Foundation (see below).
Exception: current Board of Trustees members may be candidates regardless of the above prerequisites.
Hur du skickar in din kandidatur
If you are eligible, you can submit your candidacy by doing the following:
- Write a brief summary of no more than 1200 characters (excluding spaces) stating what you would do if you were elected to the Board of Trustees, your relevant opinions and experience, and anything else you think is relevant. You may not use your candidate summary to link to lists of endorsements or other platform pages, and may not run on a slate with other candidates.
- Submit your summary between 00:00, April 24, 2013 (UTC) and 23:59, May 17, 2013 (UTC). Your statement may only be changed in the 3 days after submission, or up to May 17, whichever comes first, except for minor corrections (for instance, spelling correction) or translation. Any additions or changes to content submitted after this deadline will be time-stamped and presented separately from the original summary, and will only be presented to voters if they get translated into all of the same languages as the original summary. You should note that earlier submissions allow time for translation into more languages, and that submissions provided on the due date or just before may not be as widely translated.
- Submit proof of your identity to the Wikimedia Foundation before 23:59, May 17 (UTC). You will be privately contacted by a member of the Election Committee with further information about meeting this requirement when you list yourself as a candidate.
"Kandidater som inte uppfyller kraven eller missar deadlinen kommer att diskvalificeras."
Skicka in identitetshandling till Wikimedia Foundation
Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. This proof may be provided in one of the following manners:
- Copy or scan of driver's license.
- Copy or scan of passport.
- Copy or scan of other official documentation indicating real name and age.
This may be provided to the WMF in one of the following means:
- via email to secure-info wikimedia.org
- via facsimile to +1 (415) 882-0495
- via post (snail mail) to:
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.
- ATTN: PHILIPPE BEAUDETTE
- 149 New Montgomery Street, 3rd Floor
- San Francisco, CA 94106
- Note that post is not recommended. Exceptions will not be made if a candidate's documentation has not arrived at the WMF offices by the deadline of 23:59 UTC, 17 May 2013.
- 24 April–17 May 2013: candidate submissions
- 17 May 2013: deadline to send proof of identity (late or missing submissions will be disqualified)
- 8–22 June 2013: elections
- 23–25 June 2013: vote-checking
- 25–28 June: publication of results