WikiConference India 2016 programEdit
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee Shyamal en:User:Shyamal
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipientsEdit
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Project Grants CommitteeEdit
Hi Sanket, this is Chris Schilling, the program officer for Project Grants. Thanks for applying to become a member of the Project Grants Committee. We are reviewing each applicant and I will notify you about a decision by December 10th here on your talk page. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 21:56, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Sanket. I wanted to notify you that I will need to delay Project Grant Committee applicant decisions until December 11th due to some limitations in my schedule on the 10th. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 19:47, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for your application to join the Project Grants Committee. I appreciate your interest in helping to develop leadership in our movement through grantmaking. Unfortunately, I cannot offer you a role on the committee at this time, in part because I intended to only add a small number of new members for this round. Please feel free to reach out to me at cschilling wikimedia.org if you have any questions about this decision. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 22:47, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of ConductEdit
Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct. I am contacting you as you are a member of the Wikimedians for Sustainable Development User Group. If you have received this from other user groups/chapters, you can ignore.
There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups. This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:
It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks. If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (email@example.com)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoC. Thank you for your participation.