Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta! edit

Hello Reke, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

- Ottava Rima (talk) 04:33, 17 November 2011 (UTC)Reply

Moving question edit

Hi User:Reke! Thanks for your question on the Evaluation portal. Sorry for the confusion, but I will be moving your question to Grants_talk:Evaluation. Some of the links need to be cleaned up so I apologize for this. Thanks! --EGalvez (WMF) (talk) 21:22, 18 August 2014 (UTC)Reply

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better? edit

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Last call for WMF grants feedback! edit

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)Reply

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review edit

 

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)Reply

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Thank you for participating in Learning Day, Wikimedia Conference 2016 edit

 
Certificate of participation in
Learning Day
Wikimedia Conference 2016
Reke, we hope the resources you took on this day help you to expand your projects and coach other peers in your local community!
Make sure to keep the learning wheel rolling: (1) share something you learn via a Learning Pattern; (2) share any new resources you create on our portal and social media.
Warmly, the Learning Day team. María (WMF) (talk) 21:22, 26 May 2016 (UTC)Reply


 

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)Reply

Wikipedia Asian Month 2016 edit

Hi Reke, I see you are involved in the organization of WAM in Taiwan and have set up an editathon. I thought I should draw your attention to the focus on Asian women we are presenting on the EN Wiki. You might feel inspired to extend this to Taiwan.--Ipigott (talk) 10:32, 22 October 2016 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for your support. If you have any contacts with WAM representatives in the other Asian countries, you could pass the message on. Up to now, according to Wikipedia_Asian_Month/Onsite_edit-a-thon, Taiwan is the only Asian country to have scheduled editathons. Others may well follow over the next week. Rosiestep and other members of Women in Red are keen to extend our focus on women to as many Asian countries as possible - so anything you can do to help us along would be greatly appreciated.--Ipigott (talk) 07:12, 23 October 2016 (UTC)Reply
 

Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.

Please feel free to let me know on my talk page if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:34, 31 March 2017 (UTC)Reply

(Opt-out instructions)

Survey link error fixed edit

Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)Reply

Assistance required edit

Hi Reke, sorry to trouble you. I think we're needing a little assistance from some Wiki users local to Taiwan. Commons uses the {{Cultural Heritage Taiwan}} template to link to the entry for each building and monument on the Taiwanese Bureau of Cultural Heritage website, however it appears in recent days that the Bureau of Cultural Heritage has radically altered their URL schema, and now it's proving very difficult to determine the new URL schema and update the template. I'm trying to work in English on the various websites and don't know if that's an issue either. Can you or anybody at WM Taiwan help, please ? Just ping and I'll give you as much information as I have at the moment. Thanks. Nick (talk) 10:11, 3 April 2017 (UTC)Reply

@Nick:, I think I can do something to help. Do you have any example that can help me to understand the problem?--Reke (talk) 10:32, 4 April 2017 (UTC)Reply
Nick, I just send a e-mail to the Taiwanese Bureau of Cultural Heritage and ask them if they can give us the new id list of all Taiwan cultural heritages. They change not only the rule of URL but also the id of cultural heritages. For example,zh:瀰濃東門樓's old URL was this:
http://www.boch.gov.tw/boch/frontsite/cultureassets/caseBasicInfoAction.do?method=doViewCaseBasicInfo&iscancel=true&caseId=SA09602000253&version=1&assetsClassifyId=1.1&menuId=302
And new URL is this:
https://nchdb.boch.gov.tw/webno/cultureassets/Building/info_upt.aspx?p0=9604
Red words are its ID.--Reke (talk) 06:45, 5 April 2017 (UTC)Reply
I am glad to see this has been followed up, after I alerted this problem via Commons' IRC channel some day(s) ago, and through other ways today. Today, I also wrote up some info at the Discussion page of the "Cultural Heritage Taiwan" which might be useful, including the link to a document which links up the old URLs to the new URLs for a limited amount of listings of the cultural heritage. (Verheyen Vincent (talk) 14:42, 5 April 2017 (UTC))Reply
Thank you. I found the file with new url, too. But it is so trouble if there is no rule between "mainTypePK" and new id number. I wish officers of our government thought that when they decided to update the web.--Reke (talk) 04:34, 7 April 2017 (UTC)Reply
  • I think I fixed the template now. There is a new updated base URL but need to find the new page ID to replace old ID. Requires looking up what monument location the photo is regarding and lookup the corresponding one at the new address. I already replaced one set of photos. I left a description of the fix (workaround) on c:Template_talk:Cultural_Heritage_TaiwanCzgsq (talk) 17:22, 13 April 2017 (UTC)Reply
  • Thank you. I am still waiting our government reply me how did they give pages new ID, are there any rules between old ID and new? I don't want to get these trouble when they change the page ID without any rules again in someday future.--Reke (talk) 07:02, 14 April 2017 (UTC)Reply
  • You can download a file at http://data.gov.tw/node/6246 . The title of this page means "Monument of the Bureau of Cultural Heritage". In the file, you can find Column AQ which named "mainTypePK". That's a machine readable official ID for every monument in Taiwan. I don't know why they didn't use the ID in new url. By the way, I got an e-mail replied from the Bureau of Cultural Heritage, they say they plan to change the ID in Nov. 2017, and I'm trying to understand what do they mean. Change url rules again or change mainTypePK.--Reke (talk) 04:14, 17 April 2017 (UTC)Reply
  • Good to hear an update. I hope you let them know your concern about wanting the ID to be usable for online search query. It would be worth accommodating since Wikipedia is a good online resource. — Czgsq (talk) 23:30, 21 April 2017 (UTC)Reply

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018 edit

Greetings,

Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)Reply

有關Wikimedia Taiwan/Financial Summary 2018的一點疑問 edit

這次編輯把庫存現金改成了-1,603,想請問什麼情況下庫存現金會是負數?根據我對會計準則的了解負的庫存現金應該是不會出現的,所以比較好奇這邊是什麼情況,如果方便的話還望您能不吝指教,不勝感激。 --WhitePhosphorus (talk) 15:59, 13 December 2019 (UTC)Reply

主要是員工墊支的款項,單據已經收回入帳,但是還沒去領回現金。我剛才注意到一般會調整成負債,類似像人借款,不過這樣可能還得開立借據做臨時過帳,所以就留負比較好理解。--Reke (talk) 12:54, 14 December 2019 (UTC)Reply

撒奇萊雅語維基百科的介面 edit

抱歉又來打擾了。我看到撒奇萊雅語維基百科現在還沒有自訂的介面(例如側邊欄、小工具等等),本地沒有介面管理員,正好剛剛當選全域管理員所以想看看能不能幫忙。因為維基建立不久,似乎還沒有互助客棧,不知道怎麼聯絡本地社群,所以如果您方便的話不知能否聯繫一下本地編者看有沒有需要自訂介面?之後如果有需要也可以請他們直接到我的討論頁留言,畢竟用中文交流應該對大家都方便一些。謝謝! --WhitePhosphorus (talk) 11:34, 17 December 2019 (UTC)Reply

謝謝,我其實比較想去聯繫看看怎麼樣開始讓社群本身有管理員開始實習。以這個專案本身對於語言的態度來說,過多的中文介入反而不是很恰當。另外因為這個專案需要跟台灣的部落有大量聯繫,而他們在數位工具的使用上還沒那麼熟悉。過去我們自己推動上是很依賴實體的工作坊跟線下的溝通,我想先確認一下您有這部分方便的管道嗎?--Reke (talk) 08:30, 18 December 2019 (UTC)Reply
明白了,介面修改確實經常線下溝通會效能高些。我並沒有線下管道,如果不方便的話就算了吧。 --WhitePhosphorus (talk) 15:04, 20 December 2019 (UTC)Reply

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to participate in Universal Code of Conduct survey - WikiWomen's User Group edit

(You are receiving this message as you signed your interest to participate as part of the WikiWomen's User Group)

Hello, my name is Mervat Salman, a UCoC Facilitator, Trust and Safety team.

As you know, the WMF Board of Trustees ratified the Universal Code of Conduct early in February. That's the beginning; the policy itself cannot be used if the enforcement pathways are not defined. The implementation and enforcement of the UCoC requires the continuous cooperation to define clear definitions of enforcement pathways and processes. This needs to be done in a way that does not contradict with the internal bylaws and codes of conduct currently in place, but rather to support them and complement their deficiencies, if any.

In this phase of the process, we would like to invite you to share your ideas, thoughts and concerns about the UCoC implementation, reporting and enforcement pathways using this survey:

Notice: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/UCoC_Affiliates_Survey_Privacy_Statement>.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org.

Best regards,

Mervat (WMF) 17:01, 9 April 2021 (UTC)Reply

We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit edit

 
Reminder: the guide to using Baserow, presented during the Wikimedia Summit.

Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).

Baserow was tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.

You are welcome and encouraged to fill out the survey in any language. Your feedback would be very appreciated --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 13:03, 16 February 2023 (UTC).Reply

Queering Wikipedia 2023 conference edit

 
 

Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group and the organizing team of Queering Wikipedia is delivering the Queering Wikipedia 2023 Conference for LGBT+ Wikimedians and allies, as a hybrid, bilingual and trans-local event. It is online on 12, 14 and 17 May, the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia #IDAHOBIT, with offline events at around 10 locations on 5 continents in the 5-day span as QW2023 Nodes.

The online program is delivered as a series of keynotes, panels, presentations, workshops, lightning talks and creative interventions, starting on Friday noon (UTC) with the first keynote of Dr Nishant Shah entitled: I spy, with my little AI — Wikiway as a means to disrupt the ‘dirty queer’ impulses of emergent AI platforms. Second keynote is at Sunday’s closure by Esra’a Al Shafei, Wikimedia Foundation’s Board of Trustees vice chair, entitled: Digital Public Spaces for Queer Communities.

If you have been an active Wikimedian or enthusiast, supporting LGBT+ activities or if you identify as part of the larger LGBT+ community and allies in Wikimedia, please join us in advancing this thematic work. We encourage you to join online or in person with fellow Wikimedians if it is easy and safe to do so. Our working languages are English and Spanish, with possible local language support at sites of Nodes.

Registration for the online event is free and is open until Wednesday May 10th at 18:00 UTC, for safety protocol. Late event registration approval and event access denial is at the discretion of organizers.

More information, and registration details, may be found on Meta at QW2023

Thanks, from Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:22, 8 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

May 21: Art+Feminism x Wiki Advocates Philippines edit

 
Time: May 21

Thank you for celebrating Year Ten! with Art+Feminism. To close out our live event celebrations we're hosting a virtual meetup with Wiki Advocates Philippines User Group on May 21.

We hope to see you there! Art+Feminism User Group via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 03:52, 18 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

Friday, 18 August: Art+Feminism Wikimania Lunch Meet-Up edit

 

If you’re attending Wikimania 2023 in-person, we’d love to see you at our Art+Feminism Wikimania Lunch Meet-Up!

Grab your lunch and join us on Friday, 18 August at Wikimania in Room 324 at 12:45 - 13:15 for an opportunity to meet with the Art+Feminism Community. If you're a long-time Art+Feminism community member or if our mission, vision, and values resonate with you - we'd love to see you there! There will be limited Art+Feminism swag, brief remarks from the organization, and most importantly, an opportunity to connect with fellow Art+Feminism community members.

RSVP not required, but encouraged here:

-- Art+Feminism User Group via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 00:41, 9 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Participation in WAM edit

Hii Reke,

I am from Wikimedians of Santali Language User Group , our community want to participate in Wikipedia Asian Month 2023 bu we came to know that the last date of Registration of Each language Wikipedia was 29th October. As our community is passionately want to participate in the event. Kindly help us to participate in the event R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 15:29, 11 November 2023 (UTC)Reply

Art+Feminism: Feb 15 online edit-a-thon campaign launch and upcoming conversations edit

 
Art+Feminism Virtual Tables campaign illustration

We have some exciting events coming up that we’d love to share with you!

At Art+Feminism, we believe that as feminist editors, our strength is in collective action. When we edit together, we share resources, knowledge, and skills; in doing so, we form a defense against harassment within the Wikiverse and beyond. Alongside our initiatives to close diversity gaps and create a safer Wikipedia, Art+Feminism remains committed to doing our part. This year that includes creating more virtual spaces for us to connect with one another, share knowledge, and edit together.

To start, join Art+Feminism and Wiki Editoras Lx on 15 February to discuss and practice strategies for collective editing. This event kicks off our series of virtual editing tables for our Year 11 campaign. You can see our full schedule here and register today.

We’ll also be hosting two special conversations: Online & On the Ground: Abortion Activism in Maryland and Collective Imagination + Radical Futures: Kansas City Organizers on Making Art & Building Power. These online events are open to all and we hope to see you there!

If you’d like to join the campaign by hosting your own A+F event but haven’t yet, it’s not too late! You can view our campaign resources here and send us an email to let us know you’re joining.

--The A+F Team via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:11, 14 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

WAM 2023 edit

I was a participant of Wikipedia Asian month 2023. Also i contributed and created 3 articles. But i didn't get the barnstar from international team..😢 ⚡Tanbirzx () 08:57, 19 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

Sorry for late replying. According to the record on fountain tool, your have participated WAM on Bengali Wikipedia and submitted 3 articles. However, in the global rule, a participant can have the Barnstar if he get 4 points, that means you need one more article.
I don't understand Bengali, but I read the event page on bn.wp by machine translation, it seems like organizer of the Wikipedia said every participant can get Barnstar. The global team won't be opposed to the local team has their spacial rules, that means they can still sent Barnstar to those participants who get less than 4 points.--Reke (talk) 05:50, 27 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

Acceptance of your submission - ESEAP Conference 2024 edit

Hello Reke, thank you for your submission to the ESEAP 2024 conference.

The ESEAP 2024 conference program committee is pleased to advise that the session Burn out ! - Experence of Taiwan GLAM Program has been tentatively accepted for the ESEAP Conference 2024. The proposed time allocated is 15 minutes.

Please provide some additional information as follows on the Google Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0dbLZI5Xm6RoCc02e7jcvMhA_4S7TpBE12HKzuyBoxFagLw/viewform?usp=sf_link)

Deadline to fill in this confirmation is Saturday 30 March 2024, AOE.
I have been allocated as your contact person, so please let me know if you have any questions.

WAqil (WMYS) (talk) 10:32, 26 March 2024 (UTC) on behalf of the ESEAP Conference Program CommitteeReply

Acceptance of your submission - ESEAP Conference 2024 edit

Hello @Reke, thank you for your submission to the ESEAP 2024 conference.

The ESEAP 2024 conference program committee is pleased to advise that the session An Invitation of Joining the Reshaping of Wikipedia Asian Month and its Future has been tentatively accepted for the ESEAP Conference 2024. The proposed time allocated is 30 minutes.

Please provide some additional information as follows on the Google Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0dbLZI5Xm6RoCc02e7jcvMhA_4S7TpBE12HKzuyBoxFagLw/viewform?usp=sf_link)

Deadline to fill in this confirmation is Saturday 30 March 2024, AOE.
I have been allocated as your contact person, so please let me know if you have any questions.

WAqil (WMYS) (talk) 10:35, 26 March 2024 (UTC) on behalf of the ESEAP Conference Program CommitteeReply