Wikimania 2009 BidEdit

Could you state your area of interest for the actual conference here? Cbrown1023 talk 18:48, 17 February 2008 (UTC)

o rly?Edit

Could you please explain your comment at Meta:Requests for adminship/Giggy? giggy (:O) 01:12, 17 May 2008 (UTC)

WM Can meetingEdit

Well, we just talked about the next meeting, and how a few of us couldn't get Teamspeak to work.

No one had a handle on the outstanding tasks, so I'm going to try and figure out what is up.

I don't remember, are you in Toronto? Thanks Historybuff 00:45, 24 May 2008 (UTC)

(hoping that you watchlisted my talk page) Yes, I live in Toronto (Richmond Hill to be exact) OhanaUnitedTalk page 01:49, 24 May 2008 (UTC)

Current staffEdit

Can you finish the updates of the Current staff translations into zh-(hans|hant)? We still need the following strings translated: "San Francisco, CA", "Organization chart", and "See also". Thanks. Cbrown1023 talk 22:41, 1 July 2008 (UTC)

Can you make sure that Current staff (zh-hans|zh-hant) is updated with these changes (and maybe others, but I don't think so)? Cbrown1023 talk 16:16, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
See my reply. Cbrown1023 talk 23:28, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
and another reply. Cbrown1023 talk 01:05, 2 August 2008 (UTC)

Re: FiriBotEdit

My bot works on interwiki at wikipedias. I don't know if a pywiki bot can run on two different families. If you know that it's possible, please tell me, and I'll be happy to help Wikispecies. Firilăcroco discuție / talk 08:46, 4 August 2008 (UTC)

Re: most visited wikipediasEdit

Just to be clear, an anonymous user was putting words in my mouth. What you replied to isn't what I wrote. Sorry for the confusion. – Minh Nguyễn (talk, contribs) 02:45, 9 November 2008 (UTC)

Re: Wikispecies on WMHK siteEdit

problem fixed, thx for your reminder -- ※   JéRRy   ┼   雨雨   ※  19:35, 17 December 2008 (UTC)

File:WMF licensing update vote ballots.JPGEdit

Hi, where did you get the stats for this graph from? Thanks. :) neuro(talk) 10:13, 21 May 2009 (UTC)

Do you still have the inputs? Thanks, neuro(talk) 20:00, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Would it be possible to have a copy? Thanks. neuro(talk) 22:57, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Date # of votes
2009/04/12 0
2009/04/13 2500
2009/04/14 6400
2009/04/15 8200
2009/04/16 9200
2009/04/17 10000
2009/04/18 10800
2009/04/19 11500
2009/04/20 12200
2009/04/21 13100
2009/04/22 13700
2009/04/23 14400
2009/04/24 14900
2009/04/25 15300
2009/04/26 15900
2009/04/27 16300
2009/04/28 16700
2009/04/29 17200
2009/04/30 17500
2009/05/01 18100
2009/05/02 18600
2009/05/03 18707

OhanaUnitedTalk page 06:23, 22 May 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for posting them. -- Jokes Free4Me 17:24, 30 May 2009 (UTC)

Project Transitions status for vi.wikiEdit

Hello Ohana United. Actually, in, we have never used GFDL-1.2 license tags as a choosable license when uploading (see the first revision of MediaWiki:Licenses). The existing tags are used when users copy a GFDL 1.2 image from other Wikimedia wikis to or they edited or translated some details in the image and released them under the same original licenses (you can check here). Can you suggest what should we do make ready for the image license transitions? I guess I would cross GFDL 1.2 out of official list of license tags for and make a discussion about GFDL-1.2 images at first? Vinhtantran 04:49, 26 June 2009 (UTC)

This is, in fact, a GFDL-1.2-only license tag. Vinhtantran 06:53, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Anyway, the most-used GFDL license tag in is vi:Tiêu bản:GFDL, which states GFDL and later, no disclaimer. vi:Tiêu_bản:GFDL-1.2 has minimum usage and no longer use for newer image since 2005. Vinhtantran 06:59, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
24 images. Tân (talk) 17:52, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
After a quick cleanup, this is a summary:
  1. 6 images are specified sources in Commons or English Wikipedia, they are all use the different license tags from original. I fixed or deleted them (if it has one in Commons).
  2. 3 images claimed that the uploaders are the authors, I have asked them to change their licenses to broader GFDL and also notify them about about license updating and that their images could be deleted if the community agreed.
  3. 15 images which weren't specified source has been tagged with no source or copyright infringement, the uploaders also have been asked to change the license in case they are the original authors. As in copyright policy, no source images will be deleted after 7 days.
I'm planning to open a community discussion about item 2 issue. Tân (talk) 08:15, 27 June 2009 (UTC)

Talk:Global sysopsEdit

I'm not sure if you noticed, but if you didn't, Tiptoety responded to your comment there. Would you care to take a look at it? NW (Talk) 19:11, 5 October 2009 (UTC)

Translator, We need you!Edit

Dear OhanaUnited,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 00:44, 9 July 2011 (UTC)

Block On SpeciesEdit

@Billinghurst, Rschen7754, Snowolf, Matanya, PiRSquared17, and GZWDer: I have pinged you all as you were part of a discussion about my block on species at one point or another. I was told to move the conversation here onto the blocking admins talk page.

Most of you (if not all of you) know about my incident at enwiki, the block that was put into place, and then the block on Species. I would like to ask OhanaUnited politely for an unblock at species as I am now unblocked at enwiki with certain restrictions. I would appreciate it if the users I pinged can comment. Eurodyne (talk) 22:15, 13 October 2014 (UTC)

@Eurodyne: I know this is late, but I agree with unblock. PiRSquared17 (talk) 04:28, 19 October 2014 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 DecemberEdit

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018Edit


Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)

Journal hosting sister project proposalEdit

Hello, I'm leaving a note on the talkpages of those on the old SPCom list to ensure that you have seen this proposal discussion for a journal hosting sister project. I realise that the process these days is slightly different, but I'm keen to make sure that we get as broad feedback as possible, so please consider to adding a note to comment/support/oppose. We hope to submit a cover letter to the WMF trustees in the coming month. T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 03:46, 2 September 2019 (UTC)

Feb 2020 Open WikiJournal meetingEdit

Thank you for attending this meeting! The minutes and slides are all recorded here. Feel free to add any additional any things discussed that were missed in the notes.
We hope to hold another open meeting in 3 months. To keep informed, please sign up to the WikiJournal mailing list.
T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 10:35, 2 March 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP CampaignEdit

Hello OhanaUnited,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.

We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

Thank you in advance for taking this survey. Stay safe! 

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:17, 23 September 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021: InvitationEdit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021Edit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)