jan lawa pi lipu ale
|For legal and security reasons, the Wikimedia Foundation has decided to require two-factor authentication for this role.|
jan lawa pi lipu ale li ken pali ale lon lipi Wikimesija ale. tan kulupu ken ni la ona li ken ante e ken jan ale, e nasin sijelo, e nimi sijelo. jan lawa lipu anu jan pana pi ken lawa li ken pali e ijo la, jan lawa pi lipu ale li ken kin. lawa ni li poki e ken lawa ona. jan lipu li ken pali e ijo la, jan lawa pi lipu ale li pali lon tenpo pakala taso. tan ni la jan lawa lipu anu jan pana pi ken lawa li lon lipu ala la, jan lawa pi lipu ale li lawa, li pana e ken lawa.
tenpo sike ale la kulupu Wikimesija li wawa e jan lawa pi lipu ale tan toki wile lon tenpo mun nanpa wan, lon tenpo mun nanpa tu. esun Wikimesija li mani ala ejan lawa pi lipu ale. jan ni li pona ala e utala toki. utala li lon lipu lili la, o alasa pona e ona lon lipu. ni li ken ala la, o alasa e pilin jan lon lipu lipu.
jan lawa pi lipu ale pi mute 32 li lon.
pini la lipu li jo ala e jan pana pi ken lawa la, jan pi pali ilo li pali e ni. tenpo sike 2004 la, jan li tu e kulupu ken ni tan kulupu pi pali ilo. open la jan lawa pi lipu ale li ken ante e ken jan ale tan lipu lipu lon taso.
tenpo sike 2008 la ilo "CentralAuth" li kama. jan lawa pi lipu ale li kama ken lawa e sijelo pi lipu ale. tenpo sike 2015 la, ilo ni li wan e sijelo pi lipu kipisi. jan lawa pi lipu mute en jan pi ante nimi li ken ante e nimi pi sijelo ni.
toki wile nanpa wan li lon tenpo sike 2004. sike sin la toki wile wan anu toki wile tu li lon. tan tenpo sike 2012 la toki wile wan taso li lon.
Steward elections are held between January and February every year, with voting lasting for three weeks in February. Candidates must meet account and activity requirements, including holding administrator rights on one Wikimedia wiki for at least three months, and made 600 edits, with 50 made within the last six months. Voting is also restricted to users with 600 edits and 50 in the last six months. Candidates are elected by a vote, requiring 80% support and at least 30 supporting votes to be elected. There is no limit to the number of users that can hold steward rights, or the number of stewards that can be elected during each election cycle. Because stewards can access personal information and suppressed data, stewards also need to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Existing stewards are confirmed every year at the same time as the elections. The first stage of the confirmations is a community comment period, where any user is free to comment for or against any of the current stewards. These comments should be directed specifically at the use of the steward permissions, or at other relevant factors for whether a steward should retain or lose their permissions. After the community comment period is closed, all new and existing stewards deliberate on the results. A steward is removed if a majority of other stewards vote for removal in the deliberations.
Removal of access
Stewards are automatically removed for inactivity if they have performed no actions within the past six months, and less than ten actions within the last year.
Stewards are primarily responsible for performing the following technical actions:
- Global account management
- Lock and unlock global accounts
- Hide and suppress global accounts
- Rename global accounts and local unattached accounts
- Globally block and unblock IP addresses
- Use the CheckUser tool on login.wikimedia.org (statistics)
- User rights management
- Assign and remove all local user rights on any account on any Wikimedia wiki
- Bot, administrator, interface administrator and bureaucrat rights are assigned on wikis without local bureaucrats
- CheckUser, oversight, and import rights are only assigned by stewards
- Assign and remove all global user rights
- Manage global group permissions and wikisets
- Approve, disable, and suppress OAuth application requests
- Use any administrator, CheckUser, or oversighter access on wikis without local users in those permissions groups
- Respond to VRT tickets in the stewards' queue, or any of the information queues
- Delete pages with greater than 5,000 revisions
- Create and edit global abusefilters
Stewards are also responsible for the following non-technical actions:
- Closing and implementing requests for global community bans
- Acting as scrutineers for Arbitration Committee elections on some wikis
- Working with Wikimedia Foundation staff as the first point of contact with the community
Stewards are required to follow established community policies when using their permissions, and where policies do not exist, established practices are followed instead.
On wikis with local administrators or bureaucrats, stewards typically will not use their access unless there is an emergency. There is some leeway in policy for cross-wiki actions, but this is rarely applied.
User rights are not changed by stewards on wikis where they are an active member of the local community. This maintains the steward role as global in scope, and prevents them from becoming super-users of their home projects. Some permissions that are not held by local users and are uncontroversial to use, such as deleting pages with over 5,000 revisions using the bigdelete permission, are still used by stewards on their home projects.
Stewards are never compelled to take an action; as volunteers, they can always personally recuse from handling a request. They are also free to maintain and express their own opinions, so long as their use of the steward rights conforms with policy.
There are a number of ways to contact stewards, either individually or as a group:
- Email (normal): stewards wikimedia.org or by using Special:Contact/Stewards
- Email (oversight requests): stewards-oversight wikimedia.org or by using Special:EmailUser/Wikimedia Stewards (Oversight).
- Email (lock appeals): stewards-appeals wikimedia.org.
- IRC: #wikimedia-stewards – Add @steward before your request to ping all stewards currently in the channel
- Meta: Stewards' noticeboard or Steward requests
- Steward requests/Permissions for requests for local user rights
- Steward requests/Bot status for bot permissions requests
- Steward requests/Global permissions for requests for global user rights
- Steward requests/Global for global locking and blocking requests
- Steward requests/Username changes for account rename and username usurpation requests
- Steward requests/Miscellaneous for other requests, including bigdelete and OAuth app approval
- Individually, using the contact information provided in the list below
There is a private steward mailing list (Stewards-l) and wiki (steward.wikimedia.org) used for internal communication and organization.
List of current stewards
Last update: 2023-07-22; total number of stewards: 32
|Name||IRC nick||Languages spoken||Active from|
|Alaa (علاء)||Alaa||ar, en-4, he-1, es-1||2018-02-28|
|AmandaNP||AmandaNP||en, fr-4, es-1||2021-02-26|
|Base||Base||uk, ru-4, en-2||2019-02-28|
|BRPever||BRPever||ne, en-4, hi-2, dty-2, hif-1||2020-02-28|
|DerHexer||DerHexer||de, en-3, grc-3, la-3, es-1||2007-12-21|
|Elton||Elton||pt, en-2, es-1||2017-02-28|
|HakanIST||HakanIST||tr, en-4, az-3, es-2, de-1||2017-02-28|
|Hasley||mahler||es, en-3, ca-2, it-1, pt-1, gl-1||2022-02-26|
|Hoo man||hoo||de, en-3, it-1, fr-1||2014-02-28|
|Jon Kolbert||kolbert||en, fr-4, de-2||2019-02-28|
|MarcGarver||en, fr-2, it-2, es-1||2013-02-28|
|MarcoAurelio||MarcoAurelio||es, en-2, fr-1||2010-03-08|
|Martin Urbanec||Urbanecm||cs, en-3||2020-02-28|
|Masti||masti||pl, en-4, de-3, ru-2, several -1||2016-02-28|
|Mykola7||Mykola7||uk, ru-4, en-2, pl-1, de-1||2023-02-26|
|Operator873||Operator873||en, es-3, it-2, pt-1||2021-02-26|
|RadiX||RadiX||pt, en-3, es-2, fr-2, it-2, gl-1, (sk, sq, ms, hi)-0.5||2015-02-28|
|Sakretsu||Sakretsu||it, en-3, ja-2||2020-02-28|
|Sotiale||Sotiale||ko, en-2, ja-2 (reading), ja-1 (writing), bi-1, tpi-0.5, eo-1||2020-02-28|
|Stryn||Stryn||fi, en-2, sv-1||2015-02-28|
|Superpes15||Superpes||it, en-2, fr-1, es-1, la-1||2023-02-26|
|Tegel||Tegel||sv, en-3, da-1 (read), no-1 (read)||2012-02-28|
|Teles||Teles||pt, en-3, es-2||2012-02-28|
|Tks4Fish||Tks4Fish||pt, en-5, es-2, it-2||2020-02-28|
|Vermont||Vermont||en, ru-2, es-1||2022-02-26|
|Vituzzu||Vito||it, scn, en-2, fr-2, la-1, es-1, pt-1||2011-10-07|
|Wiki13||Wiki13 / WXIII||nl, en-4, fr-1, de-1, af-1||2021-02-26|
|Wim b||Wim_b||it, en-2||2019-02-28|
|xaosflux||xaosflux||en-N, es-1, de-1||2023-02-26|
- Special global permissions