Grants:Project/Rapid/Maffeth Opiana/Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in the Philippines
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing contributors of the community.
- To add freely licensed, and quality images of natural heritages of the Philippines to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about contributing media contents to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The contest will focus on freely licensed and high quality images of natural heritages here in the Philippines, that will be contributed to Wikimedia Commons for free usage and spread its importance via usage in Wikipedia articles. The competition is important because it give us exposure of our natural heritages.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Village pumps
- Social media promotion
- Press releases
- Community outreach
- Word of mouth
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
We will have a jury composed of people from the Wikimedia community and professional photographers. Prizes will be in term of money and a trophy. The jury will determine the winners of the local contest taking into the consideration the following criteria:
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective etc.);
- Originality and creativity;
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
We will utilize those uploaded resources in Wikimedia projects by communicating to contributors through e-mail or talk page.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
- 1 USD = PHP 51.87 (as of April 13, 2019 according to www.oanda.com)
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (PHP)||Total (PHP)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Community outreach activities||2||PHP 10,000.00||PHP 20,000.00||USD 385.58||photography walks to engage past and new volunteers, and photographers; and an outreach activity with tutorial on adding photographs in Wikipedia articles|
|2||Social media promotion||1||PHP 2,000.00||PHP 2,000.00||USD 38.56||Sponsored posts to reach wider audience|
|3||Awards||4||varies||PHP 37,000.00||USD 713.32||1st prize: hohem iSteadyGear 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer 5.5Lbs Payload/ Timelapse/ Motion Memory/ APP Control with Remote + Tripod + Carry Case for Canon Nikon Sony DSLR Camera (PHP 15,999.00; USD 308.44)|
2nd prize: FeiyuTech G6 Plus 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for Mirrorless Camera Pocket Camera GoPro Smartphone Payload 800g Feiyu G6P (PHP 12,678.00; USD 244.42)
3rd prize: Toshiba Canvio Basics (new) 2TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black), Super Speed Slim Storage with 3 YEARS WARRANTY (PHP 4,159.00; USD 81.18)
Special prize: Toshiba Canvio Basics (new) 2TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black), Super Speed Slim Storage with 3 YEARS WARRANTY (PHP 4,159.00; USD 81.18)
|4||Trophies||4||PHP 5,000.00||USD 96.39||Customized trophies|
|5||Launching and awarding ceremonies||2||varies||PHP 14,000.00||USD 269.91||Venue and foods for the attendees (20 pax each)|
|6||Logistics||PHP 12,500.00||USD 289.18||Logistics, meetings and unexpected expenses|
|7||Contingency cost||PHP 17,200.00||USD 331.60||Travel and accommodation of at least one winner, who is not from Bicol region (awarding to be held in Naga City); courier for the trophies to other winners who could not attend the ceremony; office supplies; miscellaneous|
|Total: PHP 103,700.00 (USD 1,999.23)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support - Good Luck! Best wishes from Nepal. Kind regards, — Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk) 10:19, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support KCVelaga (talk) 08:21, 3 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support Philippines made start in 2018 and achieved good results for a newcomer. This is a solid proposal with correct focuses, such as photowalks to cover underrepresented areas, workshops on inclusion of photos to Wikipedia, promotion on social media, and good planning for jury and awards — NickK (talk) 09:54, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support The plan seems good, Best regards Innocentbunny TALK 15:15, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support I support the initiative. --Exec8 (talk) 15:37, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support it's inspiring--Shahidul Hasan Roman (talk) 15:55, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support With best wishes -J. Ansari Talk 15:58, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support All the Best --Bijay chaurasia (talk) 16:38, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support All The Best For This Project
- Support --B20180 (talk) 20:01, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support --K.Y.K.Z.K. (talk) 22:12, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- CAPTAIN RAJU(T) 01:50, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- Froy Beraña (talk) 10:23, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Sandeep Raut (talk) 02:26, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support Best wishes for this activity! Such a good endeavor which will contribute photos and additional information for Wikipedia --MarvinBikolano (talk)
- I support the proposal. All the best.-Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 03:34, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- With best wishes. Janak Bhatta (talk) 03:46, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- With best wishes for the successful event. Nirajan pant (talk) 04:33, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 14:23, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -- this is a great help to share the wonderful places here in the Philippines, and it also promote the natural heritage and show it to the world, goodluck and thank you -- ShiminUfesoj 12:02, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Clear purposes and project's targets. I fully support this initiative. ··· 🌸 Rachmat04 · ☕ 13:50, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support I love to see more beautiful pictures from The Philippines Beeyan (talk) 15:26, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Good Luck! Best wishes from India. Kind regards, — Mohamedudhuman05 (contribs | talk) 10:19, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 08:15, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- SupportShibu Murmu (talk) 11:50, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support this Photography competition. Wiki Loves Earth is a great, one of the most comprehensive photography competitions on wiki and a personal favourite.
- Support Seems like a good plan. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 04:05, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support This is an amazing proposal. Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 04:07, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support We need images of natural sites in Philippines. T CellsTalk 06:30, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- Zeetendra ») 14:21, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support A nice initiative.--Rajeeb (talk!) 19:17, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support Look forward to seeing beautoful images from the Philippines. -Athikhun.suw (talk) 23:49, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support For the continuity of this project, we definitely need to support this proposal. Best wishes--Biplab Anand (Talk) 07:07, 26 May 2019 (UTC)