Hi, Zuirdj! You would like to update the whole of Wikimedia:Nuestros_proyectos? Great idea. Thank you :-)
I admit not only Wikisource but other projects' descriptions are outdated, however, in my opinion the part of Wikisource is the most oldest. That is why I requested there only its updating .... For updating the whole materials, you may want to reuse Translation requests/WMF/Our projects/Es: perhaps?
Supposedly the current construction of request pages are not friendly ... if you have any idea to improve it, please let us share your ideas at Talk:Translation requests. Cheers, --Aphaia 19:32, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Election notice
- 2 Translation combination boxes
- 3 Translations to be checked
- 4 A late candidate
- 5 Board of Trustees elections
- 6 Board of Trustees elections
- 7 Portuñol
- 8 AYUDA
- 9 Info-es
- 10 Spanish Fork
- 11 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 12 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 13 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 14 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
Thank you for your efforts ... are you still working? Or ready to move the page to its proper place (without "/draft")? Just curious (and sorry for intervention;p) --Aphaia 02:46, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- :-) how curious you are! XD ... I'm a bit shy, and was waiting for a page move in others languages.. is needed a deletion+move or is it OK with a copypaste over old content? Cheers! --Zuirdj 03:15, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, didn't you know? ;p I moved the English version to have it go live. Since there are many people who made edits, I prefer to use del+move combo for the English version, but generally there is no particular reason I think. If you are okay, you copy & paste it to the Spanish page. --Aphaia 05:53, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for your initiative for translation again. It was really nice for me to see you at conference. I expect you informed this page already for your community, Spanish language projects? --Aphaia 09:22, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Translation combination boxesEdit
The following text has been copied from Meta:Babel#Translation_combination_boxes. As an active translators, it may be of any interest to you:
Translations to be checkedEdit
Por favor, Please, check Election_candidates_2006/Es#Arno_Lagrange Election_candidates_2006/ArnoLagrange/statement/Es. Gracias Arno Lagrange ✉ 11:08, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
A late candidateEdit
Hola there Zuirdj, there is a late candidate for board elections. As you worked and helped a lot translating other candidates presentations, I though it might be a good idea to inform you, because time is short. Thanks in advance. Election candidates 2006/Oscar/En (original) --Dbl2010 06:04, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
Board of Trustees electionsEdit
The Wikipedia Signpost, a community-newspaper in the English Wikipedia, is covering the Board of Trustees elections and will be featuring each of the candidates in next week's issue. As such, we would appreciate it if you would take some time to answer a few interview questions. Each candidate will be asked the same questions; by no means, though, feel obligated to answer any (or even) all of them, though we would greatly appreciate it if you did.
Some of the questions may be a bit redundant to the candidate information you have filled out already. This is both for convenience and for giving you the opportunity to expand on some of them a bit. However, we ask that you keep all responses brief, limiting them to no more than one or two paragraphs each.
You may leave replies to my English Wikipedia talk page, my meta talk page, or email them to me. I would appreciate it if responses are in on or before this Saturday, August 26; please have them in at the latest on Sunday the 27th in order for them to be included in Monday's issue.
As always, the Signpost reserves the right to re-distribute the questions and replies, shorten any responses if necessary, and take any other editorial action deemed appropriate.
- 1. Your name:
- Juan David Ruiz
- 2. Your username most commonly used:
- 3. Your current geographic location, along with your age:
- Santiago, Chile, 30
- 4. Projects with significant contributions (please both name the language and project, and link to your contributions)
- 5. Do you have any rights (i.e. admin, bureaucrat) or positions (i.e. dispute resolution, CheckUser, etc.) on any of those projects? If so, which ones? When did you get elected or promoted for each one?
- Bibliotecario (administrator) in spanish wikipedia since april, 2003. Bureaucrat in the same project since 2004.
- 6. Do you hold any universal rights (i.e. steward, etc.) for Wikimedia Projects? If so, since when?
- 7. When did you first start contributing to Wikimedia projects? Why and how did you initially join?
- March 27, 2003, at spanish wikipedia. I don't remember exactly how I knowed about Wikipedia, but I think that I did read about Wikipedia and Enciclopedia Libre at Barrapunto, a slashdot-like website in spanish.
- 8. Briefly describe your career ("real-life"). How do you think this will help you be a successful Board member?
- I studied law between 1999-2004. Since 1997, I'm developing online contents projects. I was the founder, chief editor, and technical contact of hardware-technology website 'Mapocho Valley', well-known in usenet chilean groups and gamers bulletin boards, developing a hardware price guide that offered information that powered purchase options of many hardware enthusiasts who created the website ChileHardware.cl. I am a GNU/Linux user since 2002, being beta and development tester, and documentation translator of Redhat and Fedora distributions. Since May 2005 I've participated in several conferences in Chile and Argentina, giving keynotes and leading workshops and BoFs about open content and the use of wikipedia and mediwiki content. I've contributed in free software and open content educational projects Gleducar (Argentina) and Educalibre (Chile), like sysop in their wikis, and as consultant about wikimedia project contents.
- 9. Of all the candidates right now, why do you stand out from the field? What makes you the best candidate?
- With my candidacy, I want to express the new age that is upon us, concius of my coming from a diverse project, with language barriers that cannot be disputed and with a geographical gap that could be seen as a hardship, but that it's also an advantage because it lets me see the project from a different perspective.
- 10. A knowledge of several languages has been cited as a key requirement for a Board member. Do you speak any other languages other than English? Why do you think language is or isn't critical to the Board?
- I'm native in spanish and have intermediate level of english, especially written; intermediate level of portuguese, especially spoken and I can read with no problems; I can understand some italian and french. I'm native in spanish and have intermediate level of english, especially written; intermediate level of portuguese, especially spoken and I can read with no problems; I can understand some italian and french. Although english is the de facto language in meta and in other comunications between contributors from diferents projects, it's necessary that good ideas and projects from users who cannot learn English or another auxiliary language, doesn't forget by that cause. In my case, for example, I don't have a very advanced level of English, but my interest and my vision on the free knowledge and the projects that Foundation can develop, makes me participate trying to save that language barrier. Improving my english is already a high-priority task for me, specially spoken.
- 11. What do you expect to do while serving on the Board? What are your expectations?
- The term for this position is not very long and we can't avoid high-priority tasks and that must be defined before the bureaucracy and the lack of communication begin to penetrate our organization. One of those tasks is to hire a staff person to be in charge of the finances of the Foundation, because by its sensitivity it is not a task to fill by a volunteer. The second task is to support the community and mediawiki developers to improve tools and procedures to solve the problem of communication in the Board, between the Board and the committees, and of all these with the community. Only one part of this problem is that communications are preferred in english, being the rest make a clear agenda of tasks and recurrent discussions, so different groups can solve them.
- 12. What can you bring to the Board? What can you contribute to the Wikimedia Foundation?
- See question number 9. I'm also concerned that there isn't much diversity that must represent us: almost all of the candidates come from the anglo-saxon or european world. If our ideal is to create content that can benefit all the corners of the world, then, is it too far away to dream with representing a community from one of these corners?
- 13. Describe the one issue that you think is most pressing and pertinent to the Foundation right now, and how you would approach the situation.
- See question number 11. I hope to be able to solve the problems and expectations of the Foundation, that also must be my expectations.
- 14. What is your vision of the Board in the Foundation heirarchy? How do you feel about the current leadership?
- Jimbo's leadership is unquestionable and I believe that this situation is not going to be different in the medium term. I believe that the idea of an advisory board is necessary for bring new ideas that can be decided in executive form by the Board. I believe that other companies or foundations can be taken like organizational examples that have been much successful in the scope of free software, including the clear boundaries between the contributions of the staff and the community. WMF must be who will support innovative ideas of the community. Without our community, WMF would be called Numedia Foundation : -)
- 15. As a Board member, you will be serving as a representative of the communities. Do you think you can represent the community and understand its concerns? Why?
- I come from a great community with a project of medium size and whose history has been of much effort to grow and to have quality contents. I have seen the development of the projects since 2003 and I think that I know which are the main bottlenecks and the things that participants of different projects can offer to the community.
- 16. What do you think of the Wikimedia Foundation and its mission in general? If you could change one thing about the running of the Foundation, what would you change?
- I believe that the mission of the Foundation and the vision that had Jimbo when conceiving Wikipedia, is clear. I believe that we can think about many projects or missions that could have the Foundation. But if we did not fulfill the mission and the original intention, we will not be being faithful to those who contribute day to day in our projects.
- 17. If elected, can and will you devote the appropriate time and other resources needed to serve on the Board?
- I believe that the future of the Foundation is so promissory and important for the education and the knowledge in the world, that to serve the time that the Foundation and the community requires will be an honor :-)
- 18. Have you ever attended Wikimania or any other meetup? What role do you think these meetups play?
- Yes. I attended Wikimania 05 in Frankfurt and Wikimania 06 in Boston, both occasions receiving a scholarship from Open Society Institute. In addition I organized the second meetup of "wikipedistas" in Rosario, Argentina. In addition I have participated in different conferences and workshops, spreading the projects of the Wikimedia Foundation and recruiting new contributors.
- 19. Please list (and link) any other pages where you have gotten questions and comments pertaining to the Board elections; we are compiling all of the questions and would appreciate this.
- 20. What would you say to a potential voter who is undecided right now?
- That she/he reads the statements of all the canditates and that she/he vote by who has the most global proposals and who made a statemnet that involves all the projects.
- 21. Is there anything else you would like to mention?
- Wikilove for all!
Board of Trustees electionsEdit
Hello! This is just a friendly reminder that responses to the "interview" questions for the Wikipedia Signpost are due soon. The important message and questions were left on your meta talk page. If you have not already done so, please kindly take a look at them, and we would appreciate your reply as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Flcelloguy (A note?) 02:01, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- What's the "spanish wikipedia split issue"? It would help your candidacy if you introduce topics with a few sentences instead of assuming that everyone familiar with them. 18.104.22.168 04:52, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
Sim, eu compreenderia. O único problema seria eu ter tempo de conseguir traduzir/adaptar o texto :( 555 20:42, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- Não :) 555 21:33, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
Pienso que como muchas personas yo ingrese a participar en Wikipedia muy animadamente, sin embargo me tope con una gran traba, los wikipedistas que se creen dueños del saber y esta web, yo soy un novato en wikipedia y las veces que he entrado me dedico mas a procurar ver como arreglo la web de una artista joven latina, que viene sobresaliendo en el mundo del espectaculo.
Me parecio lindo poder colocar una biografia de ella, pero mi colaboracion primero llevo el irrelevante, no si el arte sea irrelevante o es irrelevante porque es una propuesta de un extraño... bueno en fin , luego de irrelevante paso a copy nose que? pero de alli le quitaron ese calñificativo y paso a votacion para borrado ???? whath??? y mas contrariado cuando dicen que pse puede editar bien para que no sea eliminado, porque no usan el tiempo en corregior los trabajos malos en vez de usarlo para crear foros y otros? porque no le dicen a uno como corregir los trabajos????
Luego veo quienes solicitan el borrado, al parecer gente que les gusta les llamen duquesa, excelencia, divinidad??? queeeee, esta es una pagina que pretende revolucionar la educacion??? hacer que persista el por siempre las cosas que deben de serlo??? no me parece que sea el criterio usado el mejor ç, usted como uno de los lideres por favor ayude para que existan estos cambios en la conducta de los administradores, bibliotecarios y en fin
Bueno sino nuevamente perdi el tiempo aca en este reino de brujas, condes, duquesas y reyes del saber :(
Ahhhhh mi contribucion fue sobre Mia Rauz
indignodewiki 20:21, 05 Septiembre 2006
Hola, he decidido abandonar wikipedia por un tiempo y Notafish ya me ha dado de baja de info-es, así que no voy a atender más mensajes. Creo que sería bueno buscar más colaboradores en la wikipedia en español para atender los mensajes. Saludos. Edub 19:36, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
I am a researcher and part of the CPOV collective. I am writing a piece about forking and am after some information about Edgar Enyedy, or anyone else involved in the Spanish fork of 2002. If you could offer any assistance, could you please contact me on nathanieltkacz(at)gmail(dot)com. Much appreciated in advance.
21 December, 2010
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:38, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,