A barnstar for you!Edit
Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.
And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.
Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 13:31, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll openEdit
You are receiving this message because you edited the initial naming straw poll for the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll is now open and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Chinese Wiki source issueEdit
- In Wiki Chinese source, there are traditional Chinese mode, simplified Chinese mode and non-adjusted mode. The problem is in the non-adjusted mode. Speaking quote 「 and 」are auto-adjusted (in the non-adjusted mode) to “ and ”. This affect every single page. Read any newly added page (such they were never cached) in the non-adjusted mode, you can see the problem. Compare what you read in the read mode with edit mode, they are different. This should NOT be the case.Seccom88 (talk)
CentralNotice / Translate auto-conversionEdit
Hey; I see you submitted  which looks pretty cool; but I'm a little bit confused about how it works. Principally, can you point me to some documentation that tells me how those converters pick up the context for which language to convert to? The way I read the code you wrote it looks like we'll always get the parent language and not the varient; e.g. always zh but never converted to zh-hans because we've stripped away the variant information. It the converter like an output filter? E.g. always gets run as the last step in page creation / after we've rendered the banner? Mwalker (WMF) (talk) 16:25, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Thanks by advance for your answer,
- There isn't a hard limit I guess... and I worked on some Chinese collations. Liangent 23:17, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- Regards, Automatik (talk) 11:51, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi Liangent. Is there something new around that since then? If I understand well, you were expecting sysadmins to make possible to increase system load to allow multiple collations per site. — Automatik (talk) 17:45, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
Wrapping up GSoCEdit
Congratulations for your PASS! Now please wrap up your GSoC project properly:
- Update the related Bugzilla report(s) accordingly, filing reports for known bugs when appropriate.
- Publish your wrap up post at wikitech-l (as en email or a blog post) and then add the URL to mw:Mentorship_programs/status#2013-09-monthly.
Take a break and celebrate. You deserve it! We hope to see you sticking around, extending your project or joining new tasks. If you need advice please check with your mentors or myself. I will be happy to help you in whatever I can!--Qgil (talk) 21:14, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
*wave* hope you're doing well! And, requestEdit
Hi, Liangent! I hope you are doing well. I'm grateful for your years of contribution to Wikimedia projects.
If you have time and interest to comment on an issue that's affecting the Python Package Index, regarding Chinese users, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks, Sumana Harihareswara 16:56, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
Because the tool liangent-php creates log files without limit, it eventually causes filesystem errors (and likely NFS errors) as referenced in Phabricator task T218486. Because I haven't been able to reach you to fix the tool's behavior, I have disabled the tool's crons by commenting out the lines and stopped the continuous grid job. I hope you are able to help out again in the future or assist in finding a new maintainer for the tool if you no longer have time. --BStorm (WMF) (talk) 19:47, 18 March 2019 (UTC)