Dear Kaiyr, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:25, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
CEE Spring 2016 - prizesEdit
I’m writing to you on behalf of Wikimedia Poland to inform you about the reimbursement process regarding CEE Spring 2016.
According to the international rules:
- step 1 Local organizers buy the prizes themselves with their own money and acquire an invoice issued to Wikimedia Polska (Stowarzyszenie Wikimedia Polska ul. Tuwima 95, pok. 15 90-031 Łódź Polska)
- step 2 local organizers send scan of the invoice to one of the international organizers (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a protocol of the process of selection of winners and with a calculation of overall costs. The protocol must include actual names of the winners (the names will not be made public, they will be kept only in documents of Wikimedia Polska). The e-mail should also include data needed to make a bank transfer (bank account number and name of the account owner)
- step 3 Wikimedia Poland will reimburse the money within two weeks after receiving all the documents needed
This way of buying the prizes is strongly advised. In case it is impossible the prizes can be bought by Wikimedia Polska from the suggested online shop. In this case you need to send to one of the international organizers (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) an email with links to the prizes in an online shop, a protocol of the proces of selection of winners (containing their actual names and usernames). After the purchase is done Wikimedia Polska needs to get an email containing some kind of proof that the prizes have reached the winners (postage waybill scan for instance or a scan of a declartion that the prize has been handed over, the declaration must be signed by the winner).
Please keep in mind that whenever possible local coordinators should buy the prizes themselves. Wikimedia Polska will buy them only in those cases when it is absolutely necessary. All documents must be sent to Wikimedia Poland by the end of June.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Me and Nikola will be happy to guide you through the process and make it as easy as possible. And thank you for being a part of CEE Spring and organizing this awesome project in your community. Magalia (talk) 21:54, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017Edit
- Dear Kaiyr,
- Last year you were the local organiser of CEE Spring in Kazakhstan and we invite you to participate in this year's contest! Please subscribe to the mailing list of the local organisers at https://lists.wikimedia.bg/mailman/listinfo/ceespring-localorganisers, add your community at the Meta page with the participants and discuss this year's edition of the contest on its talk page (Talk:Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017/Participants). We are looking forward to reading from you soon!
- On behalf of the international organisers,
- --Ата (talk) 20:41, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
Invitation to organize CEE Spring 2020Edit
Dear Kaiyr! We are writing to you because you have organised CEE Spring in your community in the past and hope that you're excited to participate this year too! :-)
The time has come to start preparing for CEE Spring 2020 which will happen during the usual timeframe (21st of March until May 31st).
There are some things the we want to announce:
- You are welcome to join the international team.
- You can sign up as a local organizer
- To reduce administrative overhead there would be stricter rules on how communities can receive prize funds.
- You can start working on local pages and article lists.
- We are willing to expand our side contests like CEE Women and spice up our Hall of Fame.
- We are also looking into opportunities for communities outside the region, including running contest on English Wikipedia.
- We will communicate all our activities in email list, Facebook group and Telegram.
Yours, the CEE International Organisers Team