Fundraising translation feedbackEdit
I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.
To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Polish using This Link
Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.
Wikimedia CEE meeting on Wikimedia Conference 2015Edit
Hereby I inform You that the event will take place Friday, May 15 6.00 p.m.-9.00 p.m. at the conference venue (Verlag Der Tagesspiegel, Askanischer Platz 3, Berlin). You can find more information about the meeting here. I hope You are interested in attending!
I think that most of our experience with Wikivacaciones is described in our grant report.
A couple of important observations:
- We used the "vacations" topic broadly, so we allowed photos picturing a wide array of topics (food, people, places, activities, etc.). People mostly sent pictures of places, but we still managed to get some nice pictures of the other topics.
- The writing contest went just fine. We did it on Wikivoyage (because we feel that Wikipedia is already pretty complete, and the "vacations" topic is perfect for that project), and the amount of content was good proportionally for the project size.
- Winners were chosen by a jury. However, we did a special "public award", which was very useful to bring new followers to our Facebook page.
- Volunteers at Commons hate that picture contests usually leave a lot of uncategorized images. We tried to reduce the amount of uncategorized images by ourselves; to help with that, we asked participants for a "Place code" (similar to the "Monument code" used in Wiki Loves Monuments) when uploading pictures; the codes were defined by us (based on already existing colombian codes for towns and cities), and allowed us to know where the pictures were taken (and also allowed us to generate some nice statistics).
That's it for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
Cheers! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 21:28, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi, Magalia. I hope we can pull out the cooperation in the future! Answering your questions:
- We only allowed photos of Colombia.
- Actually, the contest was during December and January (2 months), and those dates were selected because vacations in Colombia are on those months (the pictures could have been taken in other dates, and they were allowed).
Good luck on your vacations. Cheers! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 16:09, 20 July 2016 (UTC)