Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.
A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.
While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Re: An update Edit
Your case is so wonderfully insane I can't resist thinking about including it as an addendum to the RfC.
Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement Initiative Edit
We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.
The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We have created the first project (Improve ebook exports), which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey. We now invite you to share your feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our project analysis; we want to hear from you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the project talk page!
-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)
Feedback requested: August update for Wikisource ebook export project Edit
Hello, DraconicDark! The Community Tech team has posted an August update to the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project, and we would love your feedback. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two technical analyses, and proposed next steps for the project. Your feedback is crucial, and it will help us understand how to approach our work. For this reason, we invite you to check out the latest update and share your feedback on the project talk page. Thank you in advance! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 16:08, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
We sent you an e-mail Edit
Really sorry for the inconvenience. This is a gentle note to request that you check your email. We sent you a message titled "The Community Insights survey is coming!". If you have questions, email email@example.com.
You can see my explanation here.
Wiki of functions and Abstract Wikipedia Edit
Hi DraconicDark. I hope you are well. I haven't talked to you since Wikimania! I was wondering if you would be interested in helping to translate some content related to the Abstract Wikipedia project. In particular: this short message I plan to send next week; and the intro and first 2 sections (and optionally more!) at Abstract Wikipedia/Wiki of functions naming contest. As a multilingual user, I also hope you might be interested in watching the main project page, and participating more in that entire project in the future, if you're not already! Much thanks if you are able to help with this, and I hope you have a good weekend. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 23:27, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
- In addition to that, thanks for translating the pages related to Abstract Wikipedia! :-) Just as a note: The formal "Sie" isn't used in Wikimedia projects in German. Best, Braveheart (talk) 10:16, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you again for your help with that (and thanks for the note, Braveheart!). For Round #2 (starting tomorrow) we're using a gadget that we've recently added localization features into. If you could possibly help with the request at MediaWiki talk:Gadget-AbstractWikipediaDraggableVoting#How to translate, that would be appreciated! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 20:47, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
Mr DraconicDark, please return my request to check Ivi104. I already explained to Sotiale, I am wikipedia user but I fear Ivi would block me, because he misuses administrator tools, blocks people who think different and there are strong opinion he has many sockpuppets. Do, please check him. God bless you!
Community Wishlist Survey Edit
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
SGrabarczuk (WMF) 17:48, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021 Edit
Greetings SWMT member,
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
The second anniversary of Wikispore Day, observed on July 28, 2020, marks twenty-four months from the conceptual sprouting of the Wikispore idea from the Strategy Wiknic in NYC, which was held on July 14, 2019.
You are invited to participate in a virtual unconference for this year!
Wednesday July 28:
- Main Unconference (more details at wikispore:Wikispore Day)
- Social Hour
Since Wikispore is probably the only Wikimedia project to be born at a picnic, you are encouraged to participate from a socially-distanced green space outdooors if possible.
Wikisporadic Newsletter: August 2021 Edit
Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.
- The Wikipore Day Unconference was held in July, with about 20 participants - see etherpad. A suggested path forward is the "movement tactic" of regular collaborations, like a Spore of the Month or a Feature of the Fortnight.
- Some newer proposed projects at Wikispore: STARDIT (using mw:Extension:Cargo), Works Spore, WikiCite. (Comment on their talk pages!)
- On Saturday August 14, there will be a Wikimania lightning talk on Wikispore and Innovating Free Knowledge at , followed a few minutes later by an unconference group session for Wikimedians Innovating New Genres.
(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for the Wikisporadic Newsletter by adding or removing your name from this list.)
Feedback on any of these items is welcomed at your friendly Wikispore Greenhouse!
--Pharos 19:48, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
Call for translators Edit
Hello! You received this message because last year you were involved in translating the page of Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month in your language. The 2022 edition of the competition is going to start in one week, and I would like to ask whether you are interested in translating our landing page for this years' contest? We highly appreciate your volunteer work in this regard, and it would mean the world to us if you helped us with translation this year. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. Sincerely,--ValentynNefedov (WMUA) (talk) 11:46, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.
- Oral knowledge We held a session on oral knowledge and Wikispore as part of Options Space at Wikimedia Summit 2022 in Berlin, looking at options with several African affiliates to link out to cultural topics from Wikipedia(s). Some African communities are already doing oral knowledge documentation like the Nigerian community working on oral history as well as the growing Mozambican community working on oral history documentation in Makhuwa language. This is a way to provide more sources as well as digitize some oral parts of their history.
- Wikidata integration There is a plan to install the new UnlinkedWikibase extension, advancing the vision of Wikisprout and full Wikidata integration such as use in infoboxes.
- Movement strategy Using the Cargo and related extensions on Wikispore, work is underway to create a demo of Movement Strategy activities, adapting Baserow data from Wikimedia Summit.
- Halloween event As a Wikidata 10th Birthday event, there is hope to collaborate at the end of October with Wiki Cemeteries User Group on Grave Spore (see discussion), for maps and in-depth coverage of individual graves.