What is an Organizational Strategy Liaison?Edit
Organizational Strategy Liaisons appointed by organized groups will act as a conduit for ideas, questions, and updates. This will enable organized groups to participate effectively in the Movement Strategy Process and ensure that voices and perspectives of organizations and collaboratives are well heard and considered. The Organizational Strategy Liaison will be engaged in (pro)active communication with the Working Groups and the Core Team to ensure that their organization is up to date with the overall process and its internal conversations are synchronous and well connected to global discussions.
What will the Organizational Strategy Liaison for organized groups do?Edit
- Be a point of contact for the Core Team and the Working Groups and act as a bridge between organized groups and the overall Movement Strategy Process;
- Proactively update their organization about the ongoing work and how they can participate in it effectively;
- Coordinate and facilitate discussions within the organization to provide input into the Movement Strategy Process;
- Highlight the most important organizational feedback points to the Working Groups.
Who can be an Organizational Strategy Liaison?Edit
- Members, board or staff of an organized group, or other enthusiastic community members who have the mandate from their group to coordinate the conversations;
- People who like to focus on the larger picture, and understand which concerns and views are widespread and which are individual and opinion-based;
- Communicators who are able to explain the ongoing work to members of your organization, surface the key results from the conversations in your organizations and feed it back to the process.
How much time does being an Organizational Strategy Liaison require?Edit
We’d like Organizational Strategy Liaisons to commit to the role from March to December, 2019. In some weeks, such as during the community conversations in March-April as well as August-September, Organizational Strategy Liaisons will ideally be able to commit approximately 5-8 hours per week to monitor global conversations and facilitate organizational discussions. Outside of the active periods, you would ideally be able to commit 1-2 hours per week to stay up to date and engage with important questions or issues related to your organization.
What support will be available for Organizational Strategy Liaisons?Edit
- Dedicated support from our Community Relations Specialist, Kelsi Stine-Rowe (
kstinerowewikimedia.org) with questions about the process for facilitating community conversations;
- Regular updates on the status of the process and next steps as well as possible opportunities to participate and provide input;
- Professional translation of materials into select languages, and volunteer translation is also being planned; please indicate any translation (from and to English) support you would need from the Core Team;
- A toolkit to facilitate conversations with your community;
- Community Strategy Liaisons to facilitate select language community conversations.
How do you sign up to be an Organizational Strategy Liaison?Edit
- If your organized group has agreed for you to volunteer as their Organizational Strategy Liaison, please sign up here.
These are the names and organizations of everyone who agreed to be listed publicly