We are in Social Media
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
2 Foundation of the group WikiDZ
Wikimedia Algeria User Group is a local User Group of the Wikimedia Foundation. Its mission is to promote the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects in Algeria. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or other licenses that allows everyone to freely use the knowledge, and to distribute and modify said content for free.
Important : WikiDZ does not host or edit Wikipedia or any of the other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation. The User group has no control over these sites or their content.
Promote and raise awareness in Algeria of the many different projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Roles that Algerian Wikimedians User Group would playEdit
- Promotion: Promotion of Wikimedia projects and Free content in general. To encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education (at cultural centres, associations and Universities)
- Recruitment: To recruit contributors at Wikimedia projects. This may involve some presentations and workshops on the use of Mediawiki interface.
- Social: Organization of meetings, excursions to discover collaborative work and volunteering for everyone to enjoy the open knowledge
- Research: With a local User Group, research should be easier. The User Group can work together to gather information on a range of topics not currently covered to enlarge and enrich the Algerian content.
- Algerian WikiProjects in Wikipedia's different laguages, such as : (AR, FR & EN)
- Images : Organize Events to collect Creative Commons Contents about Algeria and Upload it at Commons.wikimedia
- Wikivoyage : Develop the Algerian content.
- Wikisource : add Algerian sources.
- Incubator : develop new local wikis (Wikipedia, Wiktionary, etc.)
To talk on the project, it's in French and it goes here
- August, 5th 2014 Awareness of the necessity to establish a User Group instead of a chapter
- September, 26th 2014 The group is created and the discussions begin