Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland is a Wikimedia chapter. The association was founded on March 27, 2006 in Eindhoven, and recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation as a chapter. In 2022 it had ~175 members.
In English, the association informs usually here on Meta Wiki. See for example the English language 'chapter reports'.
The website (in Dutch) can be found at wikimedia.nl and the association has its own mailinglist, wikimedianl-l. You can find the Statutes on the association's wiki in English as well.
General emails to Wikimedia Nederland can be sent to: infowikimedia.nl
Wikimedia Nederland (WMNL), as part of the global Wikimedia movement, wants to provide an environment where volunteers and organizations work together to gather and disseminate free knowledge.
WMNL develops and supports free knowledge throughout the Kingdom of the Netherlands (in Europe and the Caribbean), and in all languages spoken within the Kingdom.
WMNL sees itself as a liaison between the Wikimedia projects, the Wikimedia community and wider society.
On April 1, 2023, Wikimedia Nederland introduced a new Friendly Space Policy.
The Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland has a board consisting of seven members.
Boardmembers are elected by the General Assembly, generally for a two-year period. Boardterms are staggered, to avoid a majority of members stepping down at the same time. The current members are:
- Jan Bart de Vreede, Chair
- Bart Nieuwenhuis, Treasurer and Friendly Space Policy
- Michel Wesseling, Secretary and Sponsoring
- Migiza Victoriashoop, Partnerships and Open Content
- Lizzy Jongma, Partnerships and Open Content
- Marike van Roon, Partnerships and Open Content
- Heleen Ririassa, Communications
- Sandra Rientjes, director
- Germien Cox, communications
- Thamara Groenleer, project coordinator
- Kirsten Jansen, office manager
- Michelle van Lanschot, project coordinator
- Chapter reports in English here on Meta
- Gallery page on Wikimedia Commons
- Annual Report 2023 + auditor's statement (in Dutch only)
- Strategy 2021-2024 (in Dutch only)