|English · العربية · français|
One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or under a license that allows everyone to freely use, distribute and modify said content without the payment of royalties.
Roles the User Group plays
- To represent the Wikimedia Foundation to the Tunisian Arabic-speaking and French-speaking media.
- To promote Wikimedia projects and free content in general and to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education (primary, secondary and tertiary levels).
- To recruit technically and non-technically minded people to participate to Wikimedia projects. This may involve some education on the use of Mediawiki software.
- Organisation of conventions, conferences, meetings, workshops, contests, etc.
- With a local group, research should be easier. The group works together to gather information on a range of topics not currently covered.