Hibah:Program/Dana Komunitas Wikimedia/Dana Dukungan Umum
General Support Fund (Wikimedia Community Fund) offers flexible general operating support for individuals, groups, or affiliates that have developed larger projects or programs. It is also available for those who have a strategic plan that requires sustained investment over time to be able to achieve its goals. Multi-year grant funding is available if appropriate to the goals and objectives of the applicant. This program is comparable to the previous Simple Annual Plan Grant, Annual Plan Grant, and Project Grant programs.
- 3 months processing time from application to decision and payment. 2 months for grant review (application process, review, and funding decisions) and 1 month for grant administration (collection of documents, signing agreements, and payment).
- Average annual grant size varies on application proposal 10,000 - 300,000 USD.
- Unrestricted funding.
- Renewal process possible and under development. Details to be added soon.
- Multi-year funding optionally available for 2- to 3-year grant period. A multi-year strategic plan is required for multi-year funding requests.
Individuals, groups, organizations, and affiliates interested in applying can do so at anytime of the year. They need to contact their regional Program Officer who will support in their application interest and process. The Program Officer will also support in understanding what round of funding would be suitable to apply for.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Examples of what we fund
Here are some examples of what we fund in terms of General Support Fund.
- Strategic and annual plans from Wikimedia Movement Affiliates. Common expenses supported such as (but not limited to):
- Operating expenses - working space, services, and other common costs needed for an affiliate to opereate.
- Programmatic expenses - data costs to support access to online events, prizes, outreach, and other common costs needed to support programs.
- Staff expenses - compensation for well-defined roles that do not replace volunteer activities, including (but not limited to) graphic design, training, childcare services, translation, project or organization management, and Wikimedian-in-Residence roles.
- Learning or training expenses - costs related to learning or training for community members or affiliate staff.
- Travel and participation expenses for staff and organizers.
- Cultural and heritage projects that support contribution of content, curation of the content and promote accessibility of that content.
- Coordination of global campaigns.
- Public policy advocacy projects that aim to influence legal and regulatory environments (at the national, regional or international level) in order to protect the people, model and the values of the free knowledge movement. These projects could target national legislation, trade agreements, human rights frameworks, and any other regulations and norms set by governments and lawmakers.
Regional Fund Committees have flexibility to fund projects and expenses that applicants identify based on their specific context and situational needs, and may support additional requests not described here.
The following are basic criteria that must be met by all Wikimedia Community Fund applicants in order for a proposal to be reviewed:
- Proposed programs and activities are aligned with the mission of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Applicant must follow the Universal Code of Conduct and Friendly Space Policies
- Youth Safety Policy must be in place for any activity that involves underage community members
- Applicant is within a country that can legally receive funding for the described activities and expenses based on laws on sending and receiving funds in the United States and their country
- Applicant does not appear on the United States Department of Treasury Specially Designated Nationals And Blocked Persons List (SDN)
- Applicants must be in compliance with all requirements and in good standing for any current activities funded through the Wikimedia Foundation
- Works and contributions must be able to be published under ethical, open access agreements
- Applications must be for future, planned work
- Applicants receiving funding must not be Wikimedia Foundation staff members or contractors working more than part time (more than 20 hours per week).
- Proposals that fit certain criteria are not eligible for review in the Wikimedia Community Fund:
- Proposals that are primarily focused on research activities should be submitted to the Wikimedia Research Fund.
- Proposals that are primarily focused on large-scale software development are not eligible for review. Smaller-scale software development projects may be eligible for review in the Rapid Fund pending review from Community Resources and Technology department staff.
- Any General Support Fund applicant must be in contact with their Program Officer at least one month before the deadline for application. If you have not had a conversation with your Program Officer about applying for General Support Funding, you will need to apply in the subsequent rounds of funding.
- Youth Safety
- If the proposal indicates direct contact with children or youth, it also outlines compliance with international and local laws for working with children and youth, and provides documentation of the local laws in the annex.
- The proposal demonstrates how they will ensure the safe engagement of young people in all of the project’s activities.
- The proposal demonstrates that any adults who will be working in close contact with young people have been properly vetted and trained.
- The proposal outlines an action protocol in the case that incidents occur relating to the physical and psychological safety of young people.
Application process involves applicants, Regional Program Officers (staff at Wikimedia Foundation), Regional Fund Committees (volunteer committees consisting of Wikimedia community members), and Grant Administrators (staff at Wikimedia Foundation).
We work together to be strategic thought partners with applicants. The funding decisions are based on eligibility and committee deliberation.
We encourage all applicants to reach out to their Regional Program Officer as they are developing their proposal and before submitting a final application. This is especially recommended for first time applicants. We want to ensure everyone understands and is supported throughout the process.
Here's the summary of the application and review process:
- Applicant submission: Applicants submit their proposal through the new grantee portal, these are available on Meta for general community review and comments.
- Due diligence: The Community Resources team organises the proposals and supporting documents for committee review.
- Regional Committee review: Committee members take some time to review these proposals and supporting documents individually based on a series of criteria and questions. The categories and questions that can be reviewed below.
- Initial feedback : During this phase, committees may publish questions on meta so that applicants can clarify any aspects of their proposal. Community members in general may also be posting comments, questions or feedback that applicants should respond to via meta.
- Structured feedback from Regional Committee: The whole committee meets to discuss each project to consolidate a unified feedback document that will be sent to applicants.
- Staff feedback shared with committee: Program Officers also share their Staff review of each proposal with Committee members.
- Committee/Applicant meetings: In certain cases, committee members may request a live session with the applicants to discuss this feedback and ask questions. Program Officers may also organise these spaces to provide applicants with support to review this feedback.
- Applicant responses and revisions: Applicants have a set time to make necessary adjustments or clarifications. These should be done directly on Fluxx as the final proposal.
- Deliberations: Committee members hold a second round of formal deliberation sessions to make their final decisions on the funding. In this stage they take into consideration all the recommendations and adjustments, as well as the overall budget for the region.
- Committee funding decision and remarks: The applicants are informed of the funding decision via email, Fluxx and Meta-Wiki and, if approved, begin the grant administration process.
Lini masa untuk Dana Dukungan Umum berbeda dan disesuaikan dengan wilayah pendaftar hibah. Silakan baca halaman wilayah berikut untuk mendapatkan informasi lebih rinci dalam kalender masing-masing wilayah hibah. Jika tidak tahu di wilayah manakah Anda termasuk, silakan periksa "temukan wilayah Anda"
Lini masa tahun fiskal 2023—2024
|Wilayah hibah||Tahap||Tenggat pengajuan hibah||Pengumuman hasil|
|Timur Tengah & Afrika Utara, Afrika Sub-Sahara||1||8 September 2023||10 November 2023|
|2||1 Maret 2024||3 Mei 2024|
|Eropa Tengah, Eropa Timur & Asia Tengah||1||8 September 2023||21 November 2023|
|2||8 Maret 2024||10 Mei 2024|
|Amerika Utara||1||15 September 2023||21 November 2023|
|2||8 Maret 2024||10 Mei 2024|
|Amerika Latin & Karibia||1||29 September 2023||1 Desember 2023|
|2||8 Maret 2024||10 Mei 2024|
|Eropa Utara & Barat||1||29 September 2023||24 November 2023|
|2||15 Maret 2024||31 Mei 2024|
|Asia Timur, Asia Tenggara & Pasifik||1||8 September 2023||10 November 2023|
|2||1 Maret 2024||3 Mei 2024|
|Asia Selatan||1||8 September 2023||10 November 2023|
|2||1 Maret 2024||3 Mei 2024|
Lini masa rinci: Tahap 1 (2023-2024)
|SSA dan MENA||SA||ESEAP||LATAM||CEECA||NA||NWE|
|Dukungan untuk proposal pendaftar hibah dimulai||11 Agustus 2023||11 Agustus 2023||11 Agustus 2023||25 Agustus 2023||18 Agustus 2023||25 Agustus 2023||1 September 2023|
|Pemeriksaan kelayakan||11 Agustus - 8 September 2023||11 Agustus - 8 September 2023||11 Agustus - 8 September 2023||25 Agustus - 29 September 2023||18 Agustus - 8 September 2023||25 Agustus - 15 September 2023||1 September - 29 September 2023|
|Tenggat pengajuan hibah||8 September 2023||8 September 2023||8 September 2023||29 September 2023||8 September 2023||15 September 2023||29 September 2023|
|Dukungan untuk penerjemahan proposal hibah||11 September - 15 September 2023||11 September - 15 September 2023||11 September - 15 September 2023||2 Oktober - 6 Oktober 2023||11 September - 15 September 2023||19 September - 23 September 2023||2 Oktober - 6 Oktober 2023|
|Peninjauan dimulai||18 September 2023||18 September 2023||18 September 2023||9 Oktober 2023||18 September 2023||25 September 2023||9 Oktober 2023|
|Umpan balik diterima||6 Oktober 2023||6 Oktober 2023||6 Oktober 2023||27 Oktober 2023||20 Oktober 2023||20 Oktober 2023||27 Oktober 2023|
|Tanggapan umpan balik||6 Oktober - 27 Oktober 2023||6 Oktober - 27 Oktober 2023||6 Oktober - 27 Oktober 2023||27 Oktober - 10 November 2023||20 Oktober - 10 November 2023||20 Oktober - 10 November 2023||27 Oktober 2023 - 10 November 2023|
|Pengumuman hasil||10 November 2023||10 November 2023||10 November 2023||1 Desember 2023||21 November 2023||21 November 2023||24 November 2023|
|Tanda tangan perjanjian||1 Desember 2023||1 Desember 2023||1 Desember 2023||15 Desember 2023||8 Desember 2023||8 Desember 2023||15 Desember 2023|
|Pengiriman dana tahap pertama||1 Desember - 19 Desember 2023||1 Desember - 19 Desember 2023||1 Desember - 19 Desember 2023||15 Desember 2023 - 19 Januari 2024||8 Desember 2023 - 12 Januari 2024||8 Desember 2023 - 12 Januari 2024||15 Desember 2023 - 19 Januari 2024|
|Perbincangan pembelajaran tengah masa||15 Juli 2024||15 Juli 2024||15 Juli 2024||15 Juli 2024||15 Juli 2024||15 Juli 2024||12 Agustus 2024|
|Tenggat laporan akhir||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025|
|Tenggat laporan tahunan untuk hibah multi-tahun||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025||31 Januari 2025|
Lini masa rinci: Tahap 2 (2023-2024)
|SSA dan MENA||SA||ESEAP||LATAM||CEECA||NA||NWE|
|Dukungan untuk proposal pendaftar hibah dimulai||9 Februari 2024||9 Februari 2024||9 Februari 2024||16 Februari 2024||16 Februari 2024||16 Februari 2024||23 Februari 2024|
|Pemeriksaan kelayakan||9 Februari - 1 Maret 2024||9 Februari - 1 Maret 2024||9 Februari - 1 Maret 2024||16 Februari - 8 Maret 2024||16 Februari - 8 Maret 2024||16 Februari - 8 Maret 2024||23 Februari - 15 Maret 2024|
|Tenggat pengajuan hibah||1 Maret 2024||1 Maret 2024||1 Maret 2024||8 Maret 2024||8 Maret 2024||8 Maret 2024||15 Maret 2024|
|Dukungan untuk penerjemahan proposal hibah||4 Maret - 8 Maret 2024||4 Maret - 8 Maret 2024||4 Maret - 8 Maret 2024||8 Maret - 12 Maret 2024||8 Maret - 12 Maret 2024||8 Maret - 12 Maret 2024||18 Maret - 22 Maret 2024|
|Peninjauan dimulai||11 Maret 2024||11 Maret 2024||11 Maret 2024||18 Maret 2024||18 Maret 2024||18 Maret 2024||25 Maret 2024|
|Umpan balik diterima||29 Maret 2024||29 Maret 2024||29 Maret 2024||5 April 2024||5 April 2024||5 April 2024||19 April 2024|
|Tanggapan umpan balik||29 Maret - 19 April 2024||29 Maret - 19 April 2024||29 Maret - 19 April 2024||5 April - 26 April 2024||5 April - 26 April 2024||5 April - 26 April 2024||19 April - 17 Mei 2024|
|Pengumuman hasil||3 Mei 2024||3 Mei 2024||3 Mei 2024||10 Mei 2024||10 Mei 2024||10 Mei 2024||31 Mei 2024|
|Tanda tangan perjanjian||17 Mei 2024||17 Mei 2024||17 Mei 2024||24 Mei 2024||24 Mei 2024||24 Mei 2024||14 Juni 2024|
|Pengiriman dana tahap pertama||17 Mei - 31 Mei 2024||17 Mei - 31 Mei 2024||17 Mei - 31 Mei 2024||24 Mei - 1 Juni 2024||24 Mei - 1 Juni 2024||24 Mei - 1 Juni 2024||14 Juni - 30 Juni 2024|
|Perbincangan pembelajaran tengah masa||15 Januari 2025||15 Januari 2025||15 Januari 2025||15 Januari 2025||15 Januari 2025||15 Januari 2025||3 Februari 2025|
|Tenggat laporan akhir||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||29 Agustus 2025|
|Tenggat laporan tahunan untuk hibah multi-tahun||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||31 Juli 2025||29 Agustus 2025|
Prinsip dan nilai
Prinsip yang mendasari dan digarisbawahi oleh strategi Hibah Yayasan Wikimedia berdasarkan pada Prinsip Strategi Gerakan, yaitu
- Subsidiaritas & Manajemen Pribadi,
- Kesetaraan & Pemberdayaan,
- Kolaborasi & Kerja Sama,
- Terpusat pada Manusia - mendengarkan dan cerminan,
- Data Efisien & Proses Perbaikan - memperkenalkan inovasi dan pembelajaran.
Details about renewal process and other upcoming changes are published at: Wikimedia Community Fund/Proposed changes to General Support Fund in 2023-24.
General Support grantee partners who are not multi-year applicants have the following reporting requirements:
- Midterm conversation between PO and grantee partners (reporting form)
- Final learning report (reporting form)
- Final conversation between PO-grantee partners (reporting form)
Multi-year grantee partners have the following reporting requirements:
- Yearly learning report (reporting form)
- Yearly conversation between PO-grantee partners (reporting form)
|General information||Midterm conversation between Program Officers and Grantee Partners||
Final or yearly learning report
|Final or yearly conversation between Program Officers and Grantee Partners|
|Is it required?||Obligatory for grantee partners required to present this report.||
Obligatory for grantee partners required to present this report.
Multi-year grantee partners will use this format for their yearly learning reports. They should report one year at a time, rather than the cumulative multi-year period. Non-multi-year grantee partners (with funding for 1 year or less) will use this template to report on the final learning and results.
|Obligatory for grantee partners required to present this learning report|
|Who is responsible?||Program Officers (POs) schedule the call and register the conversation. grantee partners will have access to the conversation report on Fluxx and will be able to edit the conversation registration.||Grantee partners||Program Officers (POs) schedule the call and register the conversation. grantee partners will have access to the conversation report on Fluxx and will be able to edit the conversation registration.|
|When?||Once the report has been analysed by the Program Officer. Between 2-4 weeks after submission.||One month after the end of the grant implementation.||Once the final (or yearly) report has been analysed by the Program Officer. Between 2-4 weeks after submission.|
|How will it be used?||This conversation is aimed at a deeper reflection based on the analysis of the report. It is also used to give the Foundation feedback on ways to better support grantee partner's work.||
This learning report is aimed at:
|This conversation is aimed at a deeper reflection based on the analysis of the report. It is also used to give the Foundation feedback on ways to better support grantee partner's work in the future.|
|Where will it be filled out?||On Fluxx||On Fluxx||On Fluxx|
|Will it be published on Meta?||No||Yes||No|
Resources and forms
- Review Application and Reporting Forms and Guides before applying.
- Recommendations for developing fund proposals
Review submissions and reports
|• 22 September 2023: Wikimedia Alliances Fund updates are published. Due to the reduced funding, the application process is by invitation for non-profits from Sub-Saharan Africa and East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific regions.
• 21 September 2023: The updated review framework for the General Support Fund is published.
• 19 Juli 2023: Thematic topics of General Support Fund now include public policy advocacy.
If you have any questions about the General Support Fund, please reach out to your Regional Program Officer via email:
|Timur Tengah & Afrika Utara||mena_fund wikimedia.org|
|Afrika Sub-Sahara||ssa_fund wikimedia.org|
|Asia Selatan||sa_fund wikimedia.org|
|Asia Timur, Asia Tenggara & Pasifik||eseap_fund wikimedia.org|
|Amerika Latin & Karibia||lac_fund wikimedia.org|
|Amerika Utara||na_fund wikimedia.org|
|Eropa Utara & Barat||nwe_fund wikimedia.org|
|Eropa Tengah, Eropa Timur & Asia Tengah||ceeca_fund wikimedia.org|
- Unrestricted funding means that grantees are able to reallocate funding in their budget to new or existing mission-aligned activities or expenses at their own discretion during the funding period. You do not need to obtain permission from the Foundation for reallocation for these changes in your budget. For the General Support Fund and Conference & Event Fund, when reallocations exceed 20% of your total budget from the funding program, please notify your program officer of these changes. This notification would not be to request approval, but to generally inform the Community Resources team what circumstances or opportunities are prompting more significant changes in your budget.
- Multiyear funding: If you have a multi-year grant agreement and will request more than a 20% increase from the pre-approved amount, the regional fund committee will need to review the request. Therefore you will need to submit a short explanation and budget for your expected increase. This can be done as early as possible yet should be completed no later than your reporting deadline.
- Note: Reporting dates will be adapted to each grantee partner according to their project timelines. Grantee partners will be able to see their proposed reporting dates on the portal on Fluxx. If you have any doubts or concerns about these dates please reach out to your Program Officer. Likewise, if you have any doubts about how to submit these reports or how they will be used.