A global lock is a way by which stewards can technically prevent Wikimedia accounts from logging into any project (and thus, no editing can be done). When an account is locked, attempts to log into it fail on all Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) public wikis, such as Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikimedia Commons, and Wikibooks, in all available languages. It is generally applied to cross-wiki vandalism-only accounts, spam-only accounts, long-term abuser sock accounts, compromised accounts, and though in rare cases (until global blocking is extended to named accounts) users who would be eligible for a global block are locked in this way as well. The locking interface also offers the option of hiding the account name in all logs, for usernames that are impersonating, harassing or offensive.
- For global blocks and bans, see Global blocks and Global bans.
- Global locks may be requested and appealed at Steward requests/Global.
Begrundelser for at anmode om en global låsning
The following is a list of common reasons for global locks. As a general rule, global locks happen almost always in clear-cut situations. There is no community-approved policy governing global locks, but this list represents de facto practice.
- Accounts that have been used only for vandalism or abuse on multiple wikis and are actively vandalizing now or obviously are otherwise being disruptive on multiple wikis are candidates for a global lock. Please include links to block histories or other evidence of abuse on other projects, and indicate where the account is still active.
- Konti hvis eneste formål er at spamme på Wikimedia wikier.
- Konti hvis navne er stødende eller grove er også kvalificerede til at blive låst, og kan også blive skjult fra logs.
- Accounts that have violated other principles which are grounds for indefinite blocks on multiple individual wikis, such as making repeated legal threats, publishing child pornography, or posting private personal information about others which may endanger them.
- Accounts that are suspected to have been compromised, as a temporary measure to maintain account security until the owner is contacted.
- Konti der er blevet bandlyst globalt (fællesskabet eller stiftelsen).
- Accounts that have been created to evade a global ban (community or Foundation).
- Konti hvis ejere er bekræftet til at være afgået ved døden.
- Accounts belonging to former Wikimedia Foundation staff members or contractors (done by WMF staff).
Det kan være du leder efter Hjælp:Kompromitterede konti.
Sometimes stewards lock with reason as "Compromised account". If your account has been locked with this reason, please contact ca wikimedia org.