Вікімедіа Центральна та Східна Європа
Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe is a partnership among the Wikimedia communities in Central and Eastern Europe. The main goal of the group is to stimulate growth for all Wikimedia projects of this region and aid in cooperation and understanding of individual projects which are part of the CEE region.
The Central and Eastern European Wikimedia Group, also called as CEEWiki Group or CEEWikiLink, was founded in Haifa at Wikimania 2011. Its main purposes are organizing chapter meetings and helping those countries which have no chapter or user group.
What is the purpose of this group?
CEE Partnership is basically a broad project to "link-up" the CEE wikis in mutual co-operation. Some initiatives of this project include:
- Wikimedia meetup Central and Eastern Europe
- A joint CEE mailing list, facebook page or IRC channel #wmcee
- An article coverage campaign (this includes each CEE wiki having articles about other CEE countries - e.g. the Romanian Wikipedia having articles about famous Estonians and towns in Estonia)
- A representative body aimed at extending communication with other movement parties and developing constituent communities.
Why is this group unique?
It is the first time that a group of Wikimedia projects in a region have come together for co-operation. Outside Meta, we have seen fairly little co-operation between Wikimedia projects of different languages, on an organised scale. That's important because, by co-operating, all CEE wikis can grow mutually. This will also strengthen the voice of CEE wikis in the general Wikimedia structure. Just look at what the European Union has achieved!
Wikimedia organizations and groups
- WMCEE-l: email@example.com, registration
- You can join us on the #wmcee channel on irc.freenode.net IRC network.
- Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe/List of Mailing Lists
- Wikimedia Space discussion forum