Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group
The Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group (Uporabniška skupina Slovenski wikipedisti) is a Wikimedia user group representing Wikimedians in Slovenia and dedicated to promote Wikimedia's mission in Slovene-speaking areas.
|Wikipedians of Slovenia|
|Approval date||14 December 2018|
Any user in good standing on any Slovene Wikimedia project wishing to participate actively is invited to list him-/herself as a member.
- To aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate freely licensed educational content available for reuse, distributing and modifying by anyone, with focus on Slovene-speaking areas.
- To encourage public and private galleries, libraries, archives and museums in Slovenia to make their holdings more broadly and freely available and to collaborate with these institutions in an effort to preserve Slovenian heritage.
- To facilitate participation in international initiatives in the Wikimedia space, such as Wiki Loves Monuments.
- To generally act as a conduit between the community of Slovene Wikimedia projects and the Wikimedia movement on an international level.
Annual reports edit
- Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group/Reports/2018-2019
- Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group/Reports/2020
- Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group/Reports/2021
- Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group/Reports/2022
- Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group/Reports/2023
- Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group/Reports/2024
2023 archive edit
- March 21–May 31: Wikimedia CEE Spring 2023 (Jernej Polajnar, Vera Pelhan)
- September 15-17: attending Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2023 in Tbilisi, Georgia, (Vera Pelhan, Upwinxp) - report in slovenian language Wikipedians of Slovenia User Group/Reports/2023/Tbilisi
- 6 October: Meeting of Slovene Wikipedians in Central Technical Library, Ljubljana (Mitja i, Jernej Polajnar, Vera Pelhan, Upwinxp, Globokivisoki, A09)
- 1–31 October 2023: Wiki Loves Monuments 2022 in Slovenia (Jernej Polajnar)
The group was founded at a meeting on 2 November 2018 in Oton Župančič Library, Ljubljana, spurred by the change in accessibility of the Slovenian Registry of Cultural Heritage, which would enable the community to organize a Wiki Loves Monuments competition. Report from the meeting is available here (in Slovene).
An application for official recognition by the Wikimedia Foundation was submitted on 4 November and approved on 14 December 2018.
Founding members edit
Contact information edit
The designated representatives for this User Group are:
Currently, there is no formalized structure of the group, membership is open to any Wikimedian in good standing who wishes to contribute to this group's goals. To join the group, please add your name and/or nickname to the list. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
- Jernej Polajnar
- Vera Pelhan
- Andrej Jakobčič
- Miran Hladnik
- Totally support new user group, if you need any help with activities together wiht people from Friuli I am here.--Alexmar983 (talk) 15:14, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Mitja V. Iskrić
- Primož Jakopin
- Lan G.