Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe
Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe is a partnership among the Wikimedia communities in Central and Eastern Europe. The main goal of the group is to stimulate growth for all Wikimedia projects of this region and aid in cooperation and understanding of individual projects which are part of the CEE region.
The Central and Eastern European Wikimedia Group, also called as CEEWiki Group or CEEWikiLink, was founded in Haifa at Wikimania 2011. Its main purposes are organizing chapter meetings and helping those countries which have no chapter or user group.
What is the purpose of this group?Edit
CEE Partnership is basically a broad project to "link-up" the CEE wikis in mutual co-operation. Some initiatives of this project include:
- Wikimedia meetup Central and Eastern Europe
- A joint CEE mailing list, facebook page or IRC channel #wmcee
- An article coverage campaign (this includes each CEE wiki having articles about other CEE countries - e.g. the Romanian Wikipedia having articles about famous Estonians and towns in Estonia)
- A representative body aimed at extending communication with other movement parties and developing constituent communities.
Why is this group unique?Edit
It is the first time that a group of Wikimedia projects in a region have come together for co-operation. Outside Meta, we have seen fairly little co-operation between Wikimedia projects of different languages, on an organised scale. That's important because, by co-operating, all CEE wikis can grow mutually. This will also strengthen the voice of CEE wikis in the general Wikimedia structure. Just look at what the European Union has achieved!
Wikimedia projects in following languages are included in WMCEE:
Wikimedia organizations and groupsEdit
- Wikimedia Czech Republic
- Wikimedia Hungary
- Shared Knowledge (Wikimedia Macedonia)
- Wikimedia Poland
- Wikimedia Russia
- Wikimedia Serbia
- Wikimedians from Bulgaria
- Wikimedians from Croatia
- Wikimedija Armenia
- Wikimedians from Albania
- Azerbaijani Wikimedians User Group
- Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group
- Wikimedia Community User Group Belarus
- Wikimedians from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Don Wikimedians User Group
- Wikimedians of Erzya language User Group
- Esperanto and Free Knowledge
- Wikimedia Estonia
- Wikimedia User Group Greece
- Wikimedians from Kosovo
- Wikimedians from Lithuania
- Wikimedians from Latvia
- Wikimedians from Moldova
- Wikimedians from Montenegro
- Wikimedians from Romania
- Wikimedians of Slovakia
- Wikimedians from Slovenia
- Wikimedians of Tatar Language User Group
- Wikimedia User Group Turkey
- Wikimedia Ukraine
- Wikimedia Austria
- Wikimedia Germany
- Wikimedians from Kazakhstan
- WMCEE-l: email@example.com, registration
- Facebook page
- You can join us on the #wmcee channel on irc.freenode.net IRC network.
- Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe/List of Mailing Lists
- Wikimedia Space discussion forum
- Wikimedia CEE Spring 2015 - a 3-month period for creating articles about every country in the region in every Wikipedia in the region.
- Wikimedia CEE Spring 2016 - continuation of a successful idea.
- Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017 - third edition.
- Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018 - fourth edition.
- Wikimedia CEE Spring 2019 - fifth edition.
- At least 5 edits per month. Data from stats.wikimedia.org, as of 31 May 2018