Hello! Re: this edit, I don't think I have you as the primary representative for Wikimedia Mexico :) but I also don't think I have you as the first contact for WMID either? Double checking so that private and public records align. Thanks. --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 13:49, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- Elitre (WMF) indeed not reps for Wikimedia Mexico, but instead for Wikimedia Indonesia. Seems to be a mistake. Please remove it if you can :) .--AldnonymousBicara? 13:53, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
Hello - I just saw the page where you are bidding to host this event. I have no idea of the process or timetable or how users support an application. Best wishes Charlesjsharp (talk) 14:00, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for youEdit
|The Special Barnstar|
|What a fantastic template this is: Template:WMID APG report. I really liked this one. Thanks and regards. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 18:17, 27 September 2019 (UTC)|
Nomination for the Movement Strategy Transition Design GroupEdit
Hi Biyanto. To help the movement transition from the release of the Wikimedia 2030 recommendations into implementation, a transition process will take place virtually from September to November. This is where community members and other stakeholders will collectively prioritize and sequence among the recommendations, and discuss related resourcing needs and partnerships to carry forward implementation. To create this virtual transition process and develop an inclusive transition plan, a Design Group is being convened. You were nominated for the ESEAP region. Your regional experience and your expertise would be valuable assets for these discussions. The design discussions will be open and shared on-wiki, so community members and strategy enthusiasts can provide input in parallel as well.
Starting next week, June 29, until early August, the task will entail:
- Working with a diverse group of people from across the movement to design a series of online events
- Participating in weekly 2-hour calls (6 planned at the moment) happening on Mondays 16:00-18:00 UTC
- Carrying out some asynchronous work in between, supported by a small Transition Support Team
Is this something you'd be interested in and have the time for? If timezone is a barrier for you, I would be more than happy to identify an alternative way to facilitate your weekly participation, although it may be necessary to join some of the calls, e.g. the first and the final calls.
- Dear @MPourzaki (WMF): I would be happy to participate as I can bring the new perspective from our region. About the time barrier, let us see how it goes. It is 11 PM-1 AM in my time zone, I will join the meeting for the first time, and I will let you know if I feel comfortable or not, because it is already late, and I am afraid that I will not be in my best mind during the meeting.--Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 03:23, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
- Dearest @Biyanto Rebin (WMID): Your perspective from ESEAP and your expertise in the movement would be huge assets for the transition design discussions. Thank you so much. I completely understand regarding the time zone and I like your idea. After the first call when everyone is introduced to each other and oriented, we can see if you feel comfortable or if you'd prefer a separate 1:1 call, which I would be more than happy to organize with you. Thank you so much. Looking forward to it. MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 13:11, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for helping to create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy RecommendationsEdit
|Thank you very much for everything you did to help create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations! I am especially grateful for the enormous amount of work you did in the Revenue Streams working group and all the care and commitment you brought to the process. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 12:51, 25 June 2020 (UTC)|
Growth features on Indonesian WikipediaEdit
I'm looking for your help about Indonesian Wikipedia. :)
The Growth team's goal is to create tools that would help newcomers. Our goal is to help newcomers when they edit for the first time. The objective is to increase the retention of new editors.
We have created several tools to help them, and also to help community members who help them :
- Newcomer tasks: a feed of task suggestions that help newcomers learn to edit. Newcomers have been making productive edits through this feed!
- Newcomer homepage: a special page that hosts the "newcomer tasks" and is a good place for a newcomer to get started.
- Help panel: a platform to provide resources to newcomers while they are editing. If they do suggested tasks, they are step-by-step guided.
We would be interested to work with you community, since your Wikipedia already has some initiatives around newcomers, like an help desk and some mentors.
I already left a message on the proposal page for Indonesian Wikipedia, but this message has no success. I wonder if you can help me finding the right people to talk with.
Let me know if you have any question!
Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit
The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.
The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 23:26, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit
The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.
Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:41, 22 October 2020 (UTC)