Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations/Roundtable discussions
The Movement Strategy and Governance facilitation team is hosting discussions in Roundtable and Conversation Hour formats for Wikimedians to talk together about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct. During this session, other Movement Strategy topics may be discussed as well.
The calls are currently part of the Universal Code of Conduct project Phase 2 Enforcement draft guidelines review (EDGR).
The calls usually last between 60 and 120 minutes, and will include a 5-10 minute introduction about the purpose of the call, followed by open discussions. The ideas shared during the calls will be shared with the committee working to draft an Enforcement Guideline and those working on the Movement Charter initiatives. Please sign up ahead of time to join.
- Future call dates: November 29th (Ratification)
- Previous calls: The summaries of the Roundtables and Conversation Hours created primarily using the shared Etherpad notes are available for review and editing by participants.
Please sign up below on the day(s) you wish to attend by using four tildes (~~~~). The discussions will be held on Zoom or Google Meet. Links to the meetings will be provided on this page a few days before they occur. The calls will not be recorded. Participation via video or audio is not required; participants may engage using the Zoom text chat. The UCoC facilitation team is open to using other platforms, such as Wikimedia Meet, for future roundtables.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the Universal Code of Conduct 2021 consultations so far!
Participants from the Wikimedia Foundation may include:
- Xeno (WMF) (talk · contribs)
- BChoo (WMF) (talk · contribs)
- YKo (WMF) (talk · contribs) (ko)
- DBarthel (WMF) (talk · contribs) (de)
- MPossoupe (WMF) (talk · contribs) (fr)
- Mervat (WMF) (talk · contribs) (ar)
- VChang (WMF) (talk · contribs) (zh)
- CSinha (WMF) (talk · contribs) (hi, bn)
The Movement Strategy and Governance facilitation team will host a conversation hour on 29 November 2021 to discuss and collect feedback about "ratification of enforcement draft guideline of UCoC" prior to the drafting committee's discussion about ratification. There is no agenda set during this call, so feel free to bring your topics to discuss with facilitators and participants.
- —DerHexer (Talk) 14:38, 25 November 2021 (UTC) Maybe.
- NANöR (talk) 15:06, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hirok Raja (talk) 17:37, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
- --Der-Wir-Ing ("DWI") talk 20:14, 25 November 2021 (UTC) please ping if I dont appear
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 04:32, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
- Tiputini (talk) 18:48, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
No future roundtable is planned at this point, future calls will be announced as planned.
Questions and discussion topicsEdit
Feel free to add questions or topics of interest below.