This is a short guide to creating translatable pages. This is aimed at everyone who creates pages or processes on multilingual wikis, e.g. Meta.
- Keep as much markup as possible outside the translation tags. If it's going to be the same in all languages there is no need to translate it.
- Keep punctuation inside the translation tags. Punctuation mark usage varies across languages, and localized versions need to be used.
- Don't put too much text within one translation unit. Create more translation units instead.
When you set up a discussion for many languages, please think about the following questions.
- Sóo-ū ê tsí-līng kám lóng ē-tàng huan-i̍k?
- When you tell people they can participate in any language, in which language do you say this?
- How will discussions work? There's probably no good solution for this, but you need to consider it.
- Lí beh an-tsuân tshú-lí khàm-ji̍p ia̍h-bīn ê huan-i̍k?
- Tech/News/Manual#Guidelines – ū koh khah-tsē ê būn-tê su-iàu khó-lū
- Writing clearly