To open the application in browser (tested in Chrome, Firefox, Safari), click the following button:
If you use Chrome browser, you can install SWViewer as a WebApp on desktop as well as mobile, instructions for which are as follows:
Install user script
SWViewer.js is a user script that basically adds a link under the "Tools" section on the sidebar to access the SWViewer tool easily from any page.
SWViewer may only be used by editors with a Wikimedia account.
Additionally, the account must meet some qualifications to reduce the probability of users misidentifying vandalism.
The account must have rollback on project they want to use or global rollback.
The application works in two modes called global queue and local queue.
Local queue is enabled when a user doesn't have any global user right but have rollback on one or more projects.
In the local queue, users will only get edits where they have rollback.
Users who don't have global rights can also enable global queue from settings and perform undo but they should have 1000 edits globally (except test wikis) and should not have more than one active block.
The following features make SWViewer distinctive:
- Cross-wiki patrolling: SWViewer uses EventStreams to get edits and since EventStreams has edits from all WMF wikis, it can be used on any wiki or combination of wikis.
- Simple interface: SWViewer's interface is a minimal one. This is due to a belief that SWViewer should focus exclusively on vandalism/spam removal, rather than becoming a general-purpose framework for a diversity of unconstructive edits. When more information is needed the interface provides links to relevant pages of the wiki, which open in a normal web browser.
- If you experience any issues or have suggestions for how something could be better, let us know at the talk page.
- You can also join our IRC channel #swviewerconnect or discord server.
- Code repository.
- Also you can help us by adding summaries and deletion templates to the config page and by translating interface.
- Somebody’s abusing the tool? Let us know!
SWViewer users can add the userbox to their page.
You will also be listed in Wikimedians who use SWViewer.