This page is dedicated to the meeting minutes of all historical and the latest meeting of the steering committee members.
Minutes of the Board Meeting of April 28, 2022 - 7:25 pm to 9:25 pm Philippine Time
- Filipinayzd (talk) 11:27, 28 April 2022 (UTC) (Chair)
- Buszmail (talk) 11:30, 28 April 2022 (UTC)
- Charles Brioso (talk) 11:41, 28 April 2022 (UTC)
- FrincesEzra (talk) 11:43, 28 April 2022 (UTC)
- Zyra.hila (User:Zyra.hila)
- Maricon Opiana (User:Wikibini2)
Place: Official group messenger
Time: 7:25 pm to 9:25 pm Philippine Time
- Formally endorsing PhilWiki Community's chapterhood application (AffCom needs update on this)
- Formalizing the program committees (as there are discrepancies on our Meta pages)
- Sharing the approved financial statements in mailing list
- Additional 2 Wikimedia Summit virtual attendees
- Board meeting minutes and other documentation on Meta
- Other matters
- 1. Formal endorssement of PhilWiki Community's chapterhood application. The Chair gives a backgrounder: We are applying to be a Chapter. Currently, we are a User Group. Chapter is a legal entity which is recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation as an organization which promotes Wikimedia project in a certain country. PhilWiki Community is already a legal entity. We are not just a group of Wikimedians who work together. We are an organization with a physical office, with an official bank account, we pay taxes to BIR quarterly, we submit reports to SEC annually, we have a functioning Board, and we hold annual meeting of members, to name a few.
- Buszmail on the rationale for recognition: We need to embody and represent Wikimedia as a global movement in the national context; in relation to national and local public offices and organizers of public events.
- Under the Active Contributor Involvement part, Johnny suggests: Best for me to know the usernames of each officer mentioned. So AFFCOM can look into the user's inputs. For example, we can indicate Zyra's username but in Bikol Wikipedia. Include the barnstar even in your Bikol user page.
- FrincesEzra asks in Tagalog, on how to update the Active Contributor Involvement part in order to include her contributions to the group. Filipinayzd suggests to her, that she: Give[s] a brief description of what you have contributed to the group so far since you joined. One, you participated in our outreach activities like Wiki Loves Art mural painting, meet ups etc.
- Buszmail volunteers to polish the Chapter application.
- The Chair proposes to pass the resolution endorsing the Chapter application of PhilWiki Community. Buszmail seconded. With no objection, the resolution is approved.
- 2. Formalizing the program committees. The Chair points out that there are discrepancies on the program committee chairpersonship on Meta pages of PhilWiki Community.
- There is an on-going call for program committee chairpersonship in the offical group messenger via poll. Members are being asked to signify their intention by choosing up to 2 committees they preferred to chair. For Diversity Committee (bridging gender and knowledge gaps), and Outreach Committee (involvement of new members) - 4 members each have signified; Advocacy Committee (promoting free knowledge) - 3 members; for Capacity Building Committee (organizational), and GLAM Committeee (partnerships with institution) - 2 members each; and for Education Committee (Wikipedia in the academe) - none so far.
- Filipinayzd suggests to finalize the committee chairpersons in the next meeting. He proposes to have a basis in appointing the program committee chairpersons. He proposes to approve the finalized draft resolution on Committee Chairpersonship.
- Buszmail suggests: I think we need a third comm member for GLAM.
- Filipinayzd responds: Let's ask the rest of the members. Perhaps Cris or Harold.
- Maricon Opiana seconds the proposal to adapt the resolution. With no objection, the resolution is approved.
- 3. Sharing the approved financial statements in mailing list
- The approved financial statements is shared to the Board. The Chair or the President will share the documents to the other Affiliates via the mailing list.
- 4. Additional 2 Wikimedia Summit virtual attendees
- There will be a call on additional Wikimedia Summit attendees via online among the members.
- 5. Board meeting minutes and other documentation on Meta
- A special session will be conducted to help the rest of the Board members and officers on how to document the meeting using Meta.
Meeting adjourned at 9:25 pm.