|• 26 Mei 2023: There will be new changes to the Rapid Fund (Wikimedia Community Fund) program. To support these changes, we will not accept any new Rapid Fund requests until 7 Juni 2023.
• 24 Mei 2023: Seven funding regions will be aligned to eight Wikimedia regions by 1 Juli 2023. See all expected changes here.
• 1 Mei 2023: There are important proposed changes to the General Support Fund to provide a lightweight process and ensure learning and partnership.
Program Hibah Cepat 'mendanai anggota komunitas Wikimedia-individu, kelompok, atau organisasi yang berkontribusi pada proyek Wikimedia seperti Wikipedia atau Commons-untuk mengatur proyek sepanjang tahun dengan anggaran $500 USD hingga $2.000 USD. Proyek dapat mencakup eksperimen atau kebutuhan standar yang tidak memerlukan tinjauan luas untuk memulai.
- All requests between 500 USD and up to 5,000 USD are considered (or its equivalent in another currency at the time of the application).
- Individuals, groups, and organizations may apply.
- Individuals are limited to 2 open grants at any given time. The total grant value accessible annually, in the given fiscal year (July 1 – June 30, for example, 1 July 2022 – 30 June 2023), is up to USD 10,000, encouraging applicants to move into longer term planning in the General Support Fund program when more resources are needed.
- Organizations including affiliates and informally organized groups are limited to 3 open grants at any given time. The total grant value an organization or group can access annually is up to USD 10,000. We encourage applicants to move into longer term planning in the General Support Fund where more resources are needed. This also applies to informal groups whose members apply for Rapid Funds as individuals (Wiki Fan Clubs, University clubs, planned User Groups, etc.)
- Grant requests and reports can be submitted in any language.
- Grants can be up to 12 months in length, and there is no minimum length.
The following are basic criteria that must be met by all Wikimedia Community Fund applicants in order for a proposal to be reviewed:
- Proposals should support the achievement of Wikimedia’s mission and strategic direction.
- Projects should aim at improving one or more of Wikimedia's existing websites. Projects aimed at improving third-party applications are not eligible for funding.
- Applicant must follow the Universal Code of Conduct and Friendly Space Policies.
- Youth Safety Policy must be in place for any activity that involves underage community members.
- Applicant is within a country that can legally receive funding for the described activities and expenses based on laws on sending and receiving funds in the United States and their country.
- Applicant does not appear on the United States Department of Treasury Specially Designated Nationals And Blocked Persons List (SDN).
- Applicants must be in compliance with all requirements and in good standing for any current activities funded through the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Works and contributions must be able to be published under ethical, open access agreements.
- Applications must be for future, planned work.
- Proposed activities that meet the United States Internal Revenue Service definition of lobbying cannot be funded.
- Applicants receiving funding must not be Wikimedia Foundation staff members or contractors working more than part time (more than 20 hours per week).
- Behavioral requirements
- Applicants should be in good standing in regard to ethical behavior within the community (e.g. social behavior, financial behavior, legal behavior, etc.), as determined through the due diligence process of the grant program.
- Within the last year, applicants have not been blocked, banned, or otherwise flagged by Wikimedia Foundation staff or another affiliate for violations of Universal Code of Conduct and Friendly Space Policies, or for other types of violations or conduct issues. If such issues have occurred in the past, the applicant is required to demonstrate learning and understanding in regard to the cause for the issue, such that they are ready to serve as a role model for others as a grantee.
- Within the last year, applicants have not been repeatedly blocked or flagged for the same issue and/or have not been banned on the Wikimedia Projects. If a block/ban is recorded in the applicant's account history, the applicant is required to demonstrate learning and understanding in regard to the cause for the block, such that they are ready to serve as a role model for others as a grantee.
- Youth Safety
- If the proposal indicates direct contact with children or youth, it also outlines compliance with international and local laws for working with children and youth, and provides documentation of the local laws in the annex.
- The proposal demonstrates how they will ensure the safe engagement of young people in all of the project’s activities.
- The proposal demonstrates that any adults who will be working in close contact with young people have been properly vetted and trained.
- The proposal outlines an action protocol in the case that incidents occur relating to the physical and psychological safety of young people.
Applications are submitted on the Fluxx Grantee portal starting April 15, 2022. Revised application and reporting forms are used. Applicants will still engage with Community members on Meta as all applications will automatically be published on Meta.
After submission, the application will be processed with the following steps:
- Review and feedback of proposals (14 days)
- Applicant receives and engages with feedback of proposal from the community and regional committee (10 days)
- Applicant makes adjustments to their proposal where needed (10 days)
- Approvals and disbursement (14 days)
Examples of what we fund
- Individuals coordinating local events related to a global campaign in their community.
- Cultural and heritage projects that support contribution of content, curation of the content and promote accessibility of that content.
- Strategic and annual plans from Wikimedia Movement Affiliates
- Local, regional, and thematic conferences that bring together Wikimedians
- Common expenses supported through previous grant programs such as (but not limited to):
- Working space, services, prizes, outreach, and other common costs needed to support edit-a-thons, contests, photowalks, and promotional campaigns.
- Data costs to support access to online events
- Project related travel for organizers
- Compensation for well-defined roles that do not replace volunteer activities, including (but not limited to) graphic design, training, childcare services, translation, project management, and Wikimedian-in-Residence roles.
Regional Committees will have flexibility to fund projects and expenses that applicants identify based on their specific context and situational needs, and may support additional requests not described here.
New timelines will be published soon. There will be new changes to the Rapid Fund (Wikimedia Community Fund) program which will be published soon. The timelines will be available until 1 Juni 2023.
Cycle 9 – Mei – Juni 2023
|Dates for Rapid Funds||Activity||Estimated time|
|5 Mei 2023||Submission deadline of applications|
|6 Mei – 27 Mei 2023||Eligibility and compliance check||21 days|
|20 Mei – 10 Juni 2023||
|10 Juni – 17 Juni 2023||Decisions announced||7 days|
|10 Juni – 1 Juli 2023||Grant processing, agreement, and payment||21 days|
|1 Juli 2023||Earliest project start date|
Please join the Rapid Fund conversation hours if you have any question about the program.
|Date||Time||Language||Topic||Grantee Partner Type||Link to meeting|
|1 Februari 2023||4 p.m – 5 p.m UTC||Inggris||Rapid Fund Applicant Support||Rapid Fund Grantees||Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 874 6899 4589
|1 Maret 2023 -||4 p.m – 5 p.m UTC||Inggris||Rapid Fund Applicant Support||Rapid Fund Grantees||CANCELLED DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES|
|5 April 2023[ Updated]||4 p.m – 5 p.m UTC||Inggris||Rapid Fund Applicant Support||Rapid Fund Grantees||Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 842 6922 6050
|3 Mei 2023||4 p.m – 5 p.m UTC||Inggris||Rapid Fund Applicant Support||Rapid Fund Grantees||Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 842 6922 6050
- Swag request
- You can request swag from Wikipedia Store. Please review the Requesting swag page for more details.
- Application forms and guides
- Recommendations for developing fund proposals
- Grantee Portal – Fluxx tutorials
- Tutorials about the Fluxx registration and portal.
- Other grants
- Many Wikimedia affiliates offer grants to their local communities. Check out some of their programs here.
Please send your grant submissions, reports, any questions or feedback to:
|Region||Regional Program Officer||Email address|
|Middle East & North Africa||Veronica Thamaini||mena_rapid wikimedia.org|
|Afrika Sub-Sahara||Veronica Thamaini||ssa_rapid wikimedia.org|
|Asia Selatan||Jacqueline Chen||sa_rapid wikimedia.org|
|East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific||Jacqueline Chen||eseap_rapid wikimedia.org|
|Latin America & Caribbean||Mercedes Caso||lac_rapid wikimedia.org|
|Amerika Utara||Chris Schilling||na_rapid wikimedia.org|
|Northern & Western Europe||Agnes Bruszik||nwe_rapid wikimedia.org|
|Central & Eastern Europe & Central Asia||Chris Schilling||ceeca_rapid wikimedia.org|