Train the Trainer (TTT) is a residential training workshop to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members.
A2K is organizing an event called Train-the-Trainer (TTT), which has been held seven times from 2013 to 2020. This event is a way for us to build upon our previous achievements. The program will place a strong emphasis on experiential learning, encouraging participants to learn through practical experiences and hands-on activities. Moreover, the workshop will focus on identifying and addressing biases that might hinder the growth of inclusive and diverse communities.
The Wikimedians of Kerala user group is a co-host community for TTT 2023.
- Building Connections: Building connections resulting in a network of peers has been a consistant trait of TTT iterations which resulted further synargies and sustainable leadership. In TTT 2023, we are committed to include building meaningful and impactful connections into our program design.
- Resulting in Active Participation: Another crucial objective we pursue is to empower and inspire participants to actively engage in building on the current momentum, embracing new challenges, and spearheading necessary projects and initiatives, among various other contributions that a leader can make to the movement.
- Contributing to Communiy Health: Improving awareness about Community health to leaders of the movement is a crucial step in inclusive growth of the movement. TTT 2023 aims to take a humble step in this crucial effort.
- Emphesis on sustainability
Event details edit
- Dates: 29, 30 September & 1 October 2023 (Introductory session happens between 7.30 pm to 8.30 on 28 September i.e. Day 0)
- Place: Kochi, Kerala
- Venue: Kochi Marriott Hotel, Kochi
- How to reach: Travel Guide
Code of Conduct edit
Please read and follow the Code of Conduct (COC) during the event. The link is here.
Event agenda edit
|Day 0 - September 28|
|1||Welcoming the participants & Introducing Wiki Buddies||7.30 pm - 8.30 pm|
|Day 1 - September 29|
|-||Introduction to TTT 2023||9.00 am - 9.20 am||Tanveer Hasan|
|-||UCoC and Safe space policy||9.20 am - 9.30 am||Nitesh|
|1||Introduction to eConnect||9.30 am - 10 am||Pavan|
|2||eConnect with Wikimedians||10.00 am - 10.45 am||Pavan (mc) |
|Tea break||10.45 am -11.05 am|
|3||Wikimedians Motivations and Challenges to Contribute||11.05 - 12.30 pm||Nitesh Gill|
|-||Lunch Break||12.30 pm - 1.30 pm|
|4||Different ways of Outreach: Issues and Best practices||1.40 pm - 3 pm||Nivas and Jinoy|
|5||The Wikipedia Library: History, Present and
Future of the Project
|3 pm - 3.30 pm||Vipin|
|6||How to Track the Impact of Programs and Events||3.30 pm - 4.30 pm||Nivas and Jinoy|
|-||Tea break||4.30 pm - 4.45 pm|
|7||Wikisource Story: Hands on session around
Relicensing and Digitization of Books
|4.45 pm - 6.30 pm||Subodh Kulkarni and|
Prajwal Manoj Shinde
|Day 2 - September 30|
|-||Group photo||9:15 - 9.45 am|
|1||eConnect with affiliates & organisations||10 am - 10.45 am||Pavan (mc) |
|2||Wiki Loves muziris and other User Group Activities||10.45 - 11.30 am||Wikimedians of Kerala User Group|
|-||Tea break||11.30 - 11.45 am|
|3||Community Resources and Various Funding Opportunities for
Wikimedians to Make More Impact
|11:45 am - 12:30 pm||Veronica Thamaini|
|4||Wikisource Story: Hands on session around
Relicensing and Digitization of Books (2)
|12.30 pm - 1.15 pm||Subodh Kulkarni and|
Prajwal Manoj Shinde
|5||Communicating Impact||1.15 pm - 2 pm||Rachit Sharma|
|-||Lunch break||2 pm - 2.30 pm|
|6||Field trip to Fort Kochi||3 pm - 7.30 pm||Subodh Kulkarni and Jinoy|
|Day 3 - October 1|
|1||WikiConference India 2023: What made it happen!||9.30 am - 10.15 am||Nitesh Gill and Nivas|
|2||How do we make Editing more Inclusive and Accessible: Panel Discussion||10.15 - 11.00 pm||Moderated by Padmini Ray Murrey,|
Panelists include Priyanka Choudhari, कल्पनाशक्ती
511KeV, Sridhar G
|-||Tea Break||11.00 - 11.15|
|3||Outreach and Inclusion: A Story of curating a Delhi resettlement colony with open knowledge platforms||11.15 am - 12.00 pm||Padmini Ray Murrey|
|-||Lunch||12.15 pm - 1.45 pm|
|4||Review and Planning||1.45 pm - 3.30 pm||Tanveer Hasan|
|5||Building Connections and Empowering Communities||3.30 pm - 4.00 pm||Pavan Santhosh|
List of Scholarship recipients edit
A2K made the decision on scholarship reciepients with the support from a volunteer jury based on criterion. List of Scholarship recipients details is as follows:
|8||अमृता कुमारी पाण्डेय||Hindi||Attended|
|11||Kavitha G. Kana||Kannada||Attended|
|24||Batthini Vinay Kumar Goud||Telugu||Attended|
|2||Gopavasanth||Indic Mediawiki Developers User Group||Withdrawn|
- CIS-A2K will provide full travel support to participants.
- The accommodation will be provided to participants by CIS-A2K.
- The Food will be served according to the participant's dietary preferences (non-veg, veg, etc.).
Information about Scholarships process edit
- Call for Scholarships
- Call for the applications happened between 5 and 14 August 2023, 23:59:59 IST. A2K invited scholarship applications for:
- Any active Wikimedian from India, contributing to any Indic language Wikimedia project (including English) is eligible to apply.
- An editor with at least 800 edits on zero-namespace before 30 June 2023.
- Anyone who has the interest to conduct offline/in-person Wiki events and to train others.
- Eligibility Criteria
There are some specific eligibility criteria that applicants must meet to be considered for the Scholarships:
- The first eligibility criterion is for individuals who are eligible to fill out the scholarship form. If you meet the following conditions, you are eligible to apply.
- The second eligibility criterion will be set by the Scholarship team. They will assess all applications received and select scholarship recipients based on a thorough and fair evaluation process, similar to the distribution of scholarships.
- Note: Individuals who have already participated in an earlier iteration of TTT cannot apply. Their application will not be considered.