|Train the Trainer Program
Train the Trainer (TTT) is a residential training workshop to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members.
CIS-A2K believes that in every experienced Wikimedian, there is a trainer. A trainer is like a candle that can light up many other candles. Xe can inspire many other Wikimedians. The workshop attempts to groom such trainers. After three successful iterations of Train the Trainer in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017, CIS-A2K is going to organize the fifth iteration of the program on 26-28 January 2018 (note 25 January is day zero).
- Any active Wikimedian contributing to any Indic language Wikimedia project (including English) is eligible to apply.
- An editor must have 500+ edits before 1 November 2017.
- Anyone who has interest to conduct offline/real-life Wiki events.
- Note: anyone who has already participated in an earlier iteration of TTT, can not apply.
- The participants are supposed to arrive at the venue on 25 January and attend all the days of the program. Partial attendance not allowed.
- Participants are not allowed to bring friends or relatives to the event, unless it is absolutely necessary (only with prior information and approval).
- All participants should bring their laptops. Participants without a laptop have to inform earlier.
- Travel support will be provided to participants.
- Accommodation will be provided to participants.
- Food will be served according to the participant's dietary preferences (non-veg, veg, etc.)
Please fill this form to show your interest to join. The last date of signing up is 10 December 2017.
In an effort to encourage participation from women and other minorities, at least 20 percent of the participants at TTT 2018 would comprise of women.
Following wikimedians got selected as participants for Train the Trainer 2018:
- User:Gurlal Maan
- User:Prateek Pattanaik
- User:Afifa Afrin
- User:Tulsi Bhagat
- User:BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU
- User: খাঁ শুভেন্দু
- User:Lokesha kunchadka
- User:Aliva Sahoo
- User:Pooja Jadhav
- User:Babita shah
- 25 January (day 0)
- 6:00 pm to 8:00: Meet and Greet, Introduce yourself
- 26 January (day 1)
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am: Introduction to Train-the-Trainer, scope, objectives. Tanveer Hasan and Tito Dutta
- 10:00 am to 10:20 am: Conducting an event: Pre-event: Tanveer Hasan and Tito Dutta
- 10:20 am to 11:40 am: Group activity and presentation on Pre-event
- 11:40 am to 12:00 pm: Tea break
- 12:00 am to 12:20 pm: Event and Post-event best practices: Tanveer Hasan, Satdeep Gill
- 12:20 pm to 1:30 pm: Group activity and presentation on event and post-event best practices
- 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm: Lunch break
- 2:00 pm to 2:20 pm: Diversity initiatives: Punjabi Wikimedians- Manavpreet Kaur
- 2:20 pm to 3:00 pm: The Art of Community Review: Best practices for community members to write and review grant proposals -- Rohini Lakshané
- 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm: Awareness about Wikimedia Movement in India: Satdeep Gill
- 3:30 pm to 3:45 pm: Tea break
- 3:45 pm to 4:30 pm: Wikidata in India: Way forward
- 4:30 pm to 5 pm: Demonstration of tools and gadgets related to photography and commons: Gopala Krishna A
- 27 January (day 2)
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: Field trip
- 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Studies and group activity following field-trip
- 28 January (day 3)
- 9:00 am to 9:30 am: Organizing "Wiki Loves" campaigns: Krishna Chaitanya Velaga
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am: Organizing "Wiki Loves" campaigns: Group activity
- 10:00 am to 11:00 am: Revolving cafe on
- Wikimedia Commons: Gopalakrishna, Sumit Surai
- Wikisource: Prateek, Subodh Kulkarni
- Institutional Partnership: Pavan Santosh, Sailesh Patnaik
- Support and Safety: Manavpreet and Afifa Afrin
- 11:00 to 11:15 am: Tea break
- 11:15 am to 12:00 pm: Organizational responsibilities: Vision, needs-assessment, evaluation: Afifa, Ananth, Bharateshs, Manavpreet, Krishna, Satdeep
- 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm: Social media best practices and learning pattern: Sailesh Patnaik
- 12:30 to 1:00 pm: Roadmap
- 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm: Lunch
- 1:45 pm to 2:30 pm: Roadmap presentation
- 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, conclusion, and feedback
If you have question, please post on the talk page or email tanveer cis-india.org and tito cis-india.org
Report of the Train the trainer 2018 can be seen at
- Media related to TTT 2018 at Wikimedia Commons