|Train the Trainer Program
Train the Trainer (TTT) is a residential training workshop to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members.
CIS-A2K is going to organise the 7th iteration of the Train-the-Trainer on 28, 29 February & 1 March 2020. The earlier iterations of TTT took place in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- To groom the active Wikimedians from various Indian language communities as the trainers;
- To inculcate the movement values and collaborative spirit among the Indian communities;
- To support the process of transforming volunteer contributing in individual capacity into a leader working closely with various communities at India and global level.
- Dates: 28, 29 February & 1 March 2020 (Participants are expected to reach by 5 pm on 27 February i.e. Day 0)
- Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Venue: Knowledge Excellence Centre, Esselworld Road, Uttan village, Mumbai
- Maps: Location
- Any active Wikimedian from India, contributing to any Indic language Wikimedia project (including English) is eligible to apply.
- An editor with at least 800 edits on zero-namespace before 31 December 2019.
- Anyone who has the interest to conduct offline/real-life Wiki events and to train others.
- Note: anyone who has already participated in an earlier iteration of TTT, cannot apply.
- Travel support will be provided to participants.
- Accommodation will be provided to participants.
- Food will be served according to the participant's dietary preferences (non-veg, veg, etc.)
Code of ConductEdit
Please read and follow the Code of Conduct (COC) during the event. The link is here.
There are a few steps:
- Please fill this form to show your interest to join. The last date of signing up is ... Please fill the form in details.
- You may post on your project village pump about the application. A post may look like (example) "Hello, I am interested to participate in TTT2020, and I have applied for the same. So far I have been working on "this", "this". I wish to learn "A", "B"."
Post on village pump is not mandatory, but it will great to see applications which are discussed/endorsed by the communities.
- In an effort to encourage participation from women, at least 25% of the participants at TTT 2020 would comprise of women Wikimedians.
- 20–22 Jan : Announcement of TTT registration on mailing lists and VPs
- Till 8 Feb : Application open
- By 13 Feb : Selection of the participants
- By 15 Feb : Pre-work announced
- Till 16 Feb : Confirmation from participants with travel preferences
- 14 Feb to 22 Feb : Logistics, ticket booking
- Main event : 28, 29 Feb & 1 Mar (Day 0 - 27 Feb)
The event agenda will be updated 8–10 days before the event date
|2||User:অজয় দাস||Assamese Wikipedia|
|5||User:शीतल सिन्हा||Hindi Wikibooks|
|8||User:ज्ञानदा गद्रे-फडके||Marathi Wikipedia|
|10||User:Simranjeet Sidhu||Punjabi Wikipedia|
|11||User:Joy sagar Murmu||Santali Wikipedia|
|14||User:Rangan Datta Wiki||Wikivoyage|
- Are you hosting TTT directly this year?
- Yes. CIS-A2K is hosting TTT this year. We have tried community collaboration last year and got mixed responses from the communities about the process. However in future we shall try this again with more thought.
- I am from neighboring country. Can I apply for this event?
- No. This event is for Wikimedians from India only.
- Will travel and accommodation be taken care of?
- Can I join for 1-2 days, instead of all 3 days?
- Partial participation is not possible.
- I do not have a laptop, can you arrange a laptop which I'll use during the event?
- We'll try, after selection is confirmed, please let us know.
- Can I bring my friend(s)?
- No, please.
Please feel free to ask question(s) on the talk page