Train the Trainer (TTT) is a residential training workshop to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members.
CIS-A2K is going to organise the 7th iteration of the Train-the-Trainer on 28, 29 February & 1 March 2020. The earlier iterations of TTT took place in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- To groom the active Wikimedians from various Indian language communities as the trainers;
- To inculcate the movement values and collaborative spirit among the Indian communities;
- To support the process of transforming volunteer contributing in individual capacity into a leader working closely with various communities at India and global level.
- Dates: 28, 29 February & 1 March 2020 (Participants are expected to reach by 5 pm on 27 February i.e. Day 0)
- Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Venue: Knowledge Excellence Centre, Esselworld Road, Uttan village, Mumbai
- Maps: Location
- How to reach: After arrival at the Mumbai airport, please contact our concerned person mentioned in logistics mail sent to you. He will assist you in booking of taxi to the venue. The venue is @35 km from the airport.
- Any active Wikimedian from India, contributing to any Indic language Wikimedia project (including English) is eligible to apply.
- An editor with at least 800 edits on zero-namespace before 31 December 2019.
- Anyone who has the interest to conduct offline/real-life Wiki events and to train others.
- Note: anyone who has already participated in an earlier iteration of TTT, cannot apply.
- Travel support will be provided to participants.
- Accommodation will be provided to participants.
- Food will be served according to the participant's dietary preferences (non-veg, veg, etc.)
Code of ConductEdit
Please read and follow the Code of Conduct (COC) during the event. The link is here.
There are a few steps:
- Please fill this form to show your interest to join. The last date of signing up is ... Please fill the form in details.
- You may post on your project village pump about the application. A post may look like (example) "Hello, I am interested to participate in TTT2020, and I have applied for the same. So far I have been working on "this", "this". I wish to learn "A", "B"."
Post on village pump is not mandatory, but it will great to see applications which are discussed/endorsed by the communities.
- In an effort to encourage participation from women, at least 25% of the participants at TTT 2020 would comprise of women Wikimedians.
- 20–22 Jan : Announcement of TTT registration on mailing lists and VPs
- Till 8 Feb : Application open
- By 13 Feb : Selection of the participants
- By 15 Feb : Pre-work announced
- Till 16 Feb : Confirmation from participants with travel preferences
- 14 Feb to 22 Feb : Logistics, ticket booking
- Main event : 28, 29 Feb & 1 Mar (Day 0 - 27 Feb)
Day 0 (Thursday, 27 February)Edit
- 5-10 mins: Code of Conduct brief (Sneha)
- 6 pm to 8 pm :
- 20 mins: Marathi Language day discussion and celebrate by lighting a lamp for all the languages.
- 60-75 mins: Introduction of all the participants with the help of chits and also small activities.
Day 1 (Friday, 28 February)Edit
|1||10:00 - 10:20||TTT Intro and welcoming participants||Tito & Subodh|
|2||10:20 - 10:50||Code of Conduct discussion||Sneha & Medini|
|3||10:50 - 11:30||Why outreach and presentation about different outreach activities in India||Tito|
|11:30 - 11:50||Tea break|
|4||11:50 - 01:00||Group activity and discussion about the activities happening in their local communities||Tito & Bodhisattwa|
|5||01:00 - 01:30||Group presentations|
|01:30 - 02:20||Lunch break|
|6||02:20 - 03:20||Process & Importance of factual knowledge creation, documenting monuments||Dr. Suraj Pandit, Archaeologist|
|03:20 - 03:30||Tea break|
|7||03:30 - 05:00||Wikimedia Strategy 2030||Tanveer Hasan (WMF)|
Day 2 (Saturday, 29 February)Edit
|8||10:00 - 11:50||Some of the best practices [Group discussions on photo-walk, meetup, edit-a-thon and contest]||Bodhisattwa & Subodh|
|11:50 - 12:10||Tea break|
|9||12:10 - 12:40||Presentation of group activity|
|10||12:40 - 01:30||Bridging gender gap (Group discussion & presentation)||Sneha & Aaryaa|
|01:30 - 02:30||Lunch break|
|11||02:30 - 05:30||Field visit cum photo-walk||Subodh, Aaryaa Joshi & Rangan Datta|
|12||07:30 - 09:30||Campfire & dinner|
Day 3 (Sunday, 1 March)Edit
|13||10.00 - 10.15||Recap, preview, logistics, Emergency Exit plan||Tito, Subodh|
|14||10.15 - 10.45||Bridging gender gap - Discussion||Sneha, Aaryaa|
|15||10.50 - 11.30||Education - Panel discussion||Subodh|
|11.30 - 11.45||Tea break|
|16||11.45 - 12.30||Skill Sharing by participants||Harshil, Rangan Dutta|
|17||12.30 - 1.30||Revolving cafe - Wikidata, Copyright, Wikisource, Research & documentation||Bodhisattwa, Tito, Subodh, Sneha|
|01.30 - 2.30||Lunch break|
|18||2.30 on wards||Action plan, Feedback||A2K team|
|2||User:অজয় দাস||Assamese Wikipedia|
|5||User:शीतल सिन्हा||Hindi Wikibooks|
|8||User:ज्ञानदा गद्रे-फडके||Marathi Wikipedia|
|10||User:Simranjeet Sidhu||Punjabi Wikipedia|
|11||User:Joy sagar Murmu||Santali Wikipedia|
|14||User:Rangan Datta Wiki||Wikivoyage|
|19||User:Fagu Baskey||Santali Wikipedia||×|
|20||User:Lakshmi Narasimha Reddy Jonnala||Wikidata|
|21||User:TNSE Mahalingam VNR||Tamil Wikipedia|
|22||User:जाधव प्रियांका||Marathi Wikipedia|
|23||User:নয়ন জ্যোতি নাথ||Assamese Wikisource|
|24||User:Soorya Hebbar||Sanskrit Wikisource|
- Are you hosting TTT directly this year?
- Yes. CIS-A2K is hosting TTT this year. We have tried community collaboration last year and got mixed responses from the communities about the process. However in future we shall try this again with more thought.
- I am from neighboring country. Can I apply for this event?
- No. This event is for Wikimedians from India only.
- Will travel and accommodation be taken care of?
- Can I join for 1-2 days, instead of all 3 days?
- Partial participation is not possible.
- I do not have a laptop, can you arrange a laptop which I'll use during the event?
- We'll try, after selection is confirmed, please let us know.
- Can I bring my friend(s)?
- No, please.
Please feel free to ask question(s) on the talk page
Train the trainer 2020 is the seventh iteration of Train the trainer program organized by CIS-A2K and was conducted in the suburb Uttan of Mumbai on 28 February to 1 March 2020 while 27 March was considered as Day 0.
- Etherpad link - https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/TTT2020
Day 0 began with an brief introduction to Code of conduct by Sneha. Then, participants had a round of introductions having an ice-breaking component in it. All the participants' names were written in chits and participant who introduced themselves selected next one by picking up one chit from the fishbowl. This activity helped participants to know each other and start a conversation among themselves. At the end of the day, Marathi Language day was then celebrated by all participants by lighting lamps for all the languages.
User:Tito (CIS-A2K) and User:Subodh (CIS-A2K) started the day with Introduction to Train the trainer 2020. They introduced the concept of TTT, previous iterations of the program and explained how this program evolved and improved over time. Sneha led activity around Code of conduct where they asked participants to read Code of conduct and encouraged them to raise concerns or suggestions around CoC. After that, the participants were divided into 5 groups carefully chosen, so that no community members from the same community remained in the same group. The group members were asked to discuss best initiatives their communities are practising and present one or two such best practices from each group in front of all participants. After the group session ended, Dr. Suraj Pandit, an eminent archaeologist working on Kanheri caves, presented a session on process & importance of factual knowledge creation and documenting monuments. After his session, User:THasan (WMF) discussed on the recommendations of Wikimedia Strategy 2030.
On day 2, the session started by dividing groups and each group was to select a topic from GLAM, Edit-a-thon, Workshop & meet-up and Photo-documentation. The group members were asked to plan a project as per their selection of the topic. Each group came up with a plan and presented the plan to other participants and answered their questions regarding their presentations. After lunch, participants were taken to a short excursion to a nearby fishing village Uttan for 'Community Photo Documentation' activity. The participants learnt about the daily routine, lifestyle & livelihood activities of fishing community and they captured it in the images. They also visited Uttan lighthouse. The campfire and cultural programme was arranged in the late evening. The participants presented their performances in the field of music, dance and drama.
The day started with a session by Sneha and Aarya on bridging gender gap. Aarya gave a short presentation on how Marathi community is working on bridging gender gap through different projects. Then, few participants who are involved in different Wikimedia education program in their community, was asked to conduct a panel discussion on Wikimedia education. User:Brihaspati gave a short presentation on how pseudoscience and fake news affects Wikipedia and User:Rangan Datta Wiki gave a short presentation on how Wikivoyage is edited. After that, User:Ananth (CIS-A2K) worked on metrics and outreach dashboard. Revolving Cafe was also organized on topics - Copyrights, Wikidata, Wikisource & research/documentation.