Přehledy Wikimedia, listopad 2013
Přehledy Wikimedia Foundation
Nové podpůrné materiály pro organizátory programu: Hodnotící zpráva o maratonech editování a knihovna vzorů
A new report about edit-a-thons includes data from 46 events between February 2012 and October 2013. It starts a series of seven reports about the most common types of programs executed by Wikimedia program leaders around the world, authored by the Wikimedia Foundation's Program Evaluation and Design team. This is the first time that such an analysis compares the outcomes of a specific program to its costs. Among the many findings of this report is that edit-a-thons with a small budget can be as productive as events with a large budget.
In the new learning pattern library on Meta, Wikimedians can share what they learn about organizing activities like edit-a-thons, GLAM collaborations, gender gap outreach, or Wiki Loves Monuments. Each pattern includes a description of a common problem, and instructions for solving it.
"Beta Features" option allows users to test upcoming software changes
A new "Beta Features" section has been added to the user preferences menu, allowing logged-in editors to test upcoming software changes and give feedback to the developers, before these features become available for everyone.
Open Source Language Summit in Pune, India
Together with Red Hat, the Wikimedia Foundation's language engineering team organized the fall 2013 Open Source Language Summit in Pune, India. It was also attended by members of the VisualEditor and Mobile teams. Session topics included:
- improving the support for fonts (in particular in Indic languages)
- input methods for entering characters that are not available on a user's keyboard
- the Language Coverage Matrix Dashboard, which displays how a language is supported on Wikimedia projects
- a prototype for a user interface for translating Wikipedia articles and other content
Rozšíření OAuth usnadňuje používání softwaru třetích stran určenému pro editaci
All Wikimedia wikis now support OAuth, an open standard that allows users to authorize third-party software tools to carry out actions on the wiki on their behalf, without handing over their user password.
Among the first tools that use this new feature is "CropTool", which allows users to crop images on Wikimedia Commons.
Data a trendy
Global unique visitors for October:
- 530 million (+4.86% compared with September; +8.62% compared with the previous year)
- (comScore data for all Wikimedia Foundation projects; comScore will release November data later in December)
Page requests for November:
- 19.039 billion (+1.2% compared with October; -6.4% compared with the previous year)
- (Server log data, all Wikimedia Foundation projects including mobile access. Note: the numbers previously reported for the months of July to October 2013 have been corrected.)
Active Registered Editors for October 2013 (>= 5 mainspace edits/month, excluding bots):
- 75,964 (-0.99% compared with September / -3.83% compared with the previous year)
- (Database data, all Wikimedia Foundation projects.)
Report Card (integrating various statistical data and trends about WMF projects):
(Financial information is only available through October 2013 at the time of this report.)
All financial information presented is for the Month-To-Date and Year-To-Date October 31, 2013.
|Získávání finančních prostředků||$1,097,830|
- Revenue for the month of October is $3.78MM versus plan of $4.91MM, approximately $1.13MM or 23% under plan.
- Year-to-date revenue is $11.65MM versus plan of $7.88MM, approximately $3.77MM or 48% over plan.
- Expenses for the month of October is $2.84MM versus plan of $3.52MM, approximately $680K or 19% under plan, primarily due to lower personnel expenses, capital expenses, internet hosting, legal fees, payment processing fees, and travel expenses partially offset by higher grants and recruiting expenses.
- Year-to-date expenses is $12.23MM versus plan of $14.70MM, approximately $2.47MM or 17% under plan, primarily due to lower personnel expenses, capital expenses, internet hosting, legal fees, grants, staff development expenses, and travel expenses partially offset by higher payment processing fees.
Stav hotovosti k 31. říjnu 2013 činí 38,61 mil. USD.
Další zajímavosti z hnutí Wikimedia
Desáté výročí Wikizdrojů
To celebrate the tenth anniversary of Wikisource on November 24, proofreading contests were held on the Italian, the Catalan and the English Wikisource, contributors answered interviews (here in English and in French). On the same day, the official recognition of the Wikisource Community User Group was announced. Since Wikisource was founded in 2003 (initially named "Project Sourceberg"), its volunteers have proofread 1.4 million pages in 63 languages.
Indická univerzita spouští encyklopedii pod svobodnou licencí
Konkani Vishwakosh je čtyřdílná encyklopedie napsaná v Konkani, tj. jazyce, kterým mluví primárně lidé žijící v oblasti Goa a sousedních krajinách na západním pobřeží Indie.
At the suggestion of Access to Knowledge (A2K, a program supporting Wikipedia in India, run at the Centre for Internet & Society and funded by a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation), the publisher of the "Konkani Vishwakosh", Goa University, released it under a Creative Commons License (CC-BY-SA 3.0). This is part of a three-year effort to build the Konkani Wikipedia. The 3632 pages of the Vishwakosh are being digitized by 37 volunteer Wikimedians.
On November 9–10, over 80 Wikimedians attended the first Wikimedia Diversity Conference, hosted by the German Wikimedia chapter in Berlin. Many of the presentations addressed Wikipedia's gender gap (the fact that the large majority of contributors are male). But other aspects of diversity were a topic as well, e.g. geographic diversity (the under-representation of editors from the Global South) or LGBT issues.
Fotograf získal prostřednictvím Kickstarteru 17 000 USD na dokumentování videoher na Wikimedia Commons
Evan Amos (Wikipedista:Evan-Amos) je nadšenec do videoher, který od roku 2010 nahrává vysokokvalitní fotografie herních konzolí do úložiště Wikimedia Commons. Nyní spustil projekt, který se zabývá rozšířením článků o videohrách, pojmenován je "Vanamo Online Herní muzeum" (anglicky: Vanamo Online Game Museum). Tuto aktivitu prezentoval na crowdfundingovém webu Kickstarer a od více než 1000 dárců získal za méně než měsíc více než 17 000 USD. Prostředky budou použity na zakoupení starých videoherních zařízení, které pak budou fotografovány.