Wikimedia Foundation elections/2017/ml
|The election ended 11 ജൂൺ 2017. No more votes will be accepted.|
The results were announced on 19 ജൂൺ 2017. Please consider submitting any feedback regarding the 2017 election on the election's post mortem page.
The 2017 Wikimedia Foundation elections will be held in April–June 2017. Members of the Wikimedia community will have the opportunity to elect candidates for Board of Trustees, Funds Dissemination Committee and Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson.
Election nadatunnatu oru surakshitamaya software upayogichanu. Ellam votes um rehasyam anu, atu matram alla election committee , board alel Wikipedia foundation Ile staff nu polum rehasyam anu. Election inte encryption key swatantra moonam party de kaiyil aanu; atu pravarthanatil aakiyal atinte artham election ninnu enu aanu. Voters inte personally identifiable aayitulla vivaram (udaharanam: IP vilasam, upayogiyude agent, checkuser tool nu samyamaya vivarangal) kanan patunnatu teranje eduta aalkar, avar election audit um tally um cheyunnu.
Voters submit votes using a Support/Neutral/Oppose system. The votes will be tallied and the candidates will be ranked by percentage of support, defined as the number of votes cast in support of the candidate divided by the total number of votes cast for the candidate ("neutral" preferences are not counted, so this is the sum of support and oppose votes). The candidates with the highest percentage of support will be recommended to the Board of Trustees for appointment.
Board of Trustees election
From May 1, 2017 (00:00 UTC), members of the Wikimedia community will have the opportunity to vote in the Board of Trustees election for:
- Three members of the Board of Trustees to serve a three-year term which will expire in 2020. The Board of Trustees is the ultimate governing authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in the United States. The Wikimedia Foundation manages many diverse projects such as Wikipedia and Commons.
The election committee will announce the results on or before May 21 2017. Detailed results will be available.
Funds Dissemination Committee elections
From June 3, 2017 (00:00 UTC), members of the Wikimedia community will have the opportunity to vote in the Funds Dissemination Committee elections for:
- Five members of the Funds Dissemination Committee to serve a two–year term which will expire in 2019.
- One Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson to serve a two-year term which will expire in 2019.
The election committee will announce the results on or before June 16, 2017. Detailed results will be available.
Information for voters
You may vote from any one registered account you own on a Wikimedia wiki. You may only vote once, regardless of how many accounts you own. To qualify, this one account must:
- not be blocked on more than one project;
- and not be a bot;
- and have made at least 300 edits before 1 April 2017 across Wikimedia wikis;
- and have made at least 20 edits between 1 October 2016 and 1 April 2017.
The AccountEligibility tool can be used to quickly verify basic editor voting eligibility.
Developers qualify to vote if they:
- Are Wikimedia server administrators with shell access;
- Or have commit access and have made at least one merged commits in git to Wikimedia Foundation utilized repos between 1 October 2016 and 1 April 2017.
- Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors
Current Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors qualify to vote if they have been employed by the Foundation as of 1 April 2017.
- Wikimedia movement affiliate staff and contractors
Current Wikimedia Chapter, thematic organization or user group staff and contractors qualify to vote if they have been employed by their organization as of 1 April 2017.
- Wikimedia Foundation board members, Advisory board members, FDC committee members
Current and former members of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees, the Wikimedia Foundation Advisory Board and the Funds Dissemination Committee are qualified to vote.
Information for candidates
All candidates must meet the requirements for voters, as well as role–specific requirements.
Board of Trustees elections
- 20 April: Deadline for candidate submissions and Identification verification
- 21 April – 1 May: Questions and discussion between candidates and community
- 1–14 May: Voting
- 15–19 May: Vote-checking
- 20 May: Goal for announcement of results
Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 28 May: Deadline for candidate submissions and identification verification
- 29 May – 2 June: Questions and discussion between candidates and community
- 3–11 June: Voting
- 12–14 June: Vote-checking
- 15 June: Goal for announcement of results