Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello, SantoshiWiki. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 06:03, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for showing interest to participate in the Global Congress on Intellectual Property and the Public Interest event. This message is to acknowledge receipt of your application. We'll inform you if you are selected. Could you send an email to tito cis-india org with your username in body, so that we can contact you by email also if needed. Regards. -- User:Titodutta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 02:38, 1 November 2015 (UTC)
A week or so ago, we informed you that we received your application. Now, let us tell you about the selection procedure. We want the communities to select their representatives. We have posted on your Wikipedia's village pump and asked to comment on your application. Though we understand it is quite difficult to assess one’s contribution on the basis of endorsements only, it is impossible on our end to select one from your community as a representative without your consent. --Tito☸Dutta 00:54, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 updatesEdit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipientsEdit
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Maithili Wikimedians volunteer members has taken a challenge in itself i.e. Mission 10. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. As of November 30, 5,555 articles were made on Maithili Wikipedia. From the 1st of December until the 31st of December the challenge will run on Maithili Wikipedia. The challenge is divided on 2 basic parts Online and Offline events. The online event is focused on creating articles and offline parts is about meeting with Maithili speakers from different parts of Nepal. For more info, Please see project page here on meta-wiki as well local page on maiwiki. Kind Regards, TBhagat (talk) --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:00, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏Edit
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
Schedule : Wikimeet program schedule. Please register here.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
Invitation to participate in Universal Code of Conduct survey - WikiWomen's User GroupEdit
(You are receiving this message as you signed your interest to participate as part of the WikiWomen's User Group)
Hello, my name is Mervat Salman, a UCoC Facilitator, Trust and Safety team.
As you know, the WMF Board of Trustees ratified the Universal Code of Conduct early in February. That's the beginning; the policy itself cannot be used if the enforcement pathways are not defined. The implementation and enforcement of the UCoC requires the continuous cooperation to define clear definitions of enforcement pathways and processes. This needs to be done in a way that does not contradict with the internal bylaws and codes of conduct currently in place, but rather to support them and complement their deficiencies, if any.
In this phase of the process, we would like to invite you to share your ideas, thoughts and concerns about the UCoC implementation, reporting and enforcement pathways using this survey:
Notice: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/UCoC_Affiliates_Survey_Privacy_Statement>.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mervat (WMF) 17:01, 9 April 2021 (UTC)