Budget Hotels edit
Hi Parthada, Please provide some budget hotel options in the accommodation section of the event page, if possible, because some students from outside Bengal are contacting, who were enquiring about budget affordable hotels. Thanks. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 17:26, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- Bodhisattwa, The second section that provides the "Some more hotels" can be a place to look for. Besides, to me in Kolkata approx. Rs.900/head is reasonable. If you are in the same view then you can check, Waylink Guest House & Banquet, Deepalay Guesthouse or Harry Inn can be a choice. Moreover, if one can get a reasonable reservation in Sahajog International, Mandira Guest House or Ritesh Evergreen Inn then there will be no commuting cost as they are just besides J.U. - Pasaban (talk) 08:47, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 updates edit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
West Bengal Wikimedians open for community request edit
Like previous years, we are asking our members again to request for support if they wish to plan and execute Wikimedia projects or activities during next year, which require funding. We are open for such requests until November 30, 2020. Based on the fund requests from the community members, the user group will place Rapid grant proposal to Wikimedia Foundation. If the rapid grant request is approved, funds will be allocated to the community members accordingly.
We can only approve request for volunteers who are from West Bengal and is limited to activities where in some way, West Bengal is included. The decision to approve or disapprove your request will be handled by Representative members of the user group.
(On behalf of West Bengal Wikimedians User Group)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏 edit
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team