Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello Orlodrim, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing! -- Cirt (talk) 07:05, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
Thehelpfulbot on fr.wikipediaEdit
Thank you for creating the user page. I was waiting until the bot had made a few dozen test edits before I put it up for authorisation, I didn't expect it to make that many edits so quickly! Thanks for voting to support the bot too ;).
Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?Edit
Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
2016 Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to discussion about Per-user page blockingEdit
The Anti-Harassment Tools team is seeking input about building a Per user page (or category) blocking feature.
We’re inviting you to join the discussion because you voted or commented in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey about Enhanced per-user / per-article protection / blocking vote.
You can leave comments on this discussion page or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 17:03, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.
Help us design granular blocks!Edit
Hello :-) The Anti-Harassment Tools team at the Wikimedia Foundation will start building these granular blocking tools in a few weeks and we've asked WMF designer Alex Hollender to help us make some wireframes so the tools are intuitive to MediaWiki users.
We have a first draft of how we think this tool should work. You can read the full proposed implementation here but here are the significant parts:
- Granular blocks (page, category, namespace, and file uploading) will be built on top of Special:Block. These blocks will function as if they were regular blocks and allow for the same options, but only take effect on specific pages.
- We will add a new checkbox for "Block this user from the whole site" which will be checked by default. When it is unchecked the admin will be able to specify which pages, categories, and/or namespaces the user should be blocked from editing.
- Granular blocks can be combined and/or overlap. (For example, a user could be simultaneously blocked from editing the articles Rain, Thunder, Lightning, and all pages inside the Category:Weather.)
- Only one block is set at a time, to adjust what the user is blocked from the administrator would have to modify the existing block.
- Block logs should display information about the granular block
- When a blocked user attempts to edit an applicable page, they should see a block warning message which include information on their block (reason, expiration, what they are blocked from, etc.)
- If a category is provided, the blocked user cannot edit either the category page itself and all pages within the category.
- If the File: namespace is blocked, the user should not be allowed to upload files.
We like this direction because it builds on top of the existing block system, both a technical and usability wise. Before we get too far along with designs and development we'd like to hear from you about our prosposal:
- What do you think of the proposed implementation?
- We believe this should be an expansion of Special:Block, but it has been suggested that this be a new special page. What are your thoughts?
- Should uploading files be combined with a File namespace block, or as a separate option? (For example, if combined, when a user is blocked from the File namespace, they would neither be able to edit any existing pages in the File namespace nor upload new files.)
- Should there be a maximum number of things to be blocked from? Or should we leave it up to admin discretion?
We appreciate your feedback on this project's talk page or by email. For the Anti-Harassment Tools team, SPoore (WMF) (talk) , Trust and Safety Specialist, Community health initiative (talk) 20:49, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello Abuse Filter helper, we had recently have a new group Abuse filter maintainer which allows the same level of access with additional rights to edit the filters yourself among other things. If you are interested after reading the documentation, do apply at SRGP. Thanks.Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 08:55, 4 April 2020 (UTC)
|Thank you for translating VisualEditor/Newsletter/2020/April. I really appreciate your support and your help in getting information to so many editors in their preferred languages. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 20:11, 13 April 2020 (UTC)|
Would you like to translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2020/June? I hope to get it delivered in about five days. I really appreciate your help. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 04:38, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
Le projet:Route en français, ne fonctionne plus pour partie depuis Octobre 2018 (liste, hist...) Merci d'intervenir Sergio09200 (talk) 12:25, 20 February 2021 (UTC)
- L'index et l'historique du projet Route n'ont jamais été mis à jour par mon bot. Les pages ont été créées par quelqu'un d'autre.
- Si ces listes te sont utiles, tu peux ajouter le projet sur Utilisateur:OrlodrimBot/Évaluations, comme d'habitude.
- Orlodrim (talk) 12:49, 20 February 2021 (UTC)