- 1 Personal sandbox
- 2 Your block of my account on it.wikisource.org
- 3 Translation of steward election guidelines
- 4 Thanks for your work in translations
- 5 Thank you
- 6 Superprotect status
- 7 Global renamer
- 8 Help decide the future of Wikimania
- 9 Towards a New Wikimania results
- 10 Global rename rights removed
- 11 Transwiki importer
- 12 Richiedi una borsa per la conferenza internazionale Wikimania!
- 13 Results from global Wikimedia survey 2018 are published
- 14 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 15 WCUG ASBS 2019
- 16 Community Wishlist Survey 2020
Hello, I would like to ask you why you think that my username is innapropriate. I do not see how it is misleading as I do have an SUL account, my name does not imply that I have a certain level of authority that I do not have, such as administrator, and is not promotional, offensive or disruptive. I have had conversations with administrators and other users on many other Wikimedia projects and no one has commented on my username. Your block summary translates to: "Signifies use in each Wiki for 'Single User Login'." Unless if I have translated it incorrectly, I do not understand how this means that I should be blocked. Please could you explain this block in more detail. Thanks. SUL 20:15, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, first of all I want to point out that there's no bad intention towards your presence on it.source: you did nothing to be blamed on you and my block is simply a technical one. My block of your username is motivated as "acronym used in every wikimedia progject for 'Single User Login'. That policy on it.wikisource was approved very long ago.
|nomi utente che generano confusione con le funzioni di sistema.
Non scegliere nomi come Ultime modifiche, Amministratore o corrispondenti a qualsiasi altra parte dell'interfaccia, né a termini usati comunemente in Wikisource e che possono dare in qualche modo l'impressione di un ruolo ufficiale.
|Usernames generating confusion with system functions.|
Don't choose names like "Recent Changes", "Administrator" or resembling any other part of the interface, nor frequently used terms in Wikisource which could anyhow give the impression of an official role.
- No user reading around on talk pages or must be confused (especially newbies) about what a technical acronym means or points to. that isn't different from "User:Admin" or "user:Jimbo". Your username generates confusion, so (at least on it.wikisource) it can't be used: you can use another username to contribute. That's no crime, just a little annoyance. I blocked SUL username before you made any contribution to prevent the need for a renomination, so you can start with a new account on it.source without further bureaucratic hassle. - OrbiliusMagister 15:21, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- If the only problem with this username is that it could be confusing to new users, then I would be happy to include a message at the top of my user page and user talk page, in both English and Italian, explaining that "SUL" is just a username and has nothing to do with the technical acronym SUL. I started a discussion about this at Wikimedia_Forum#Is_my_username_inappropriate.3F. Please could you comment there. Thanks. SUL 15:34, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hello OrbiliusMagister, I just dropped in because this discussion is linked from the forum, I understand You that usernames like "Admin", "Recentchanges", "Sysop" etc. are forbidden, however the acronym "SUL" is not a system function, and it can have other meanings and IMHO a block in this case is too much, a bit of tolerance and not being too strickt regarding policies (we are no bureaucrats) makes the life for all our members easier and makes them stay and contribute (which is what we want ;) )
- Kind regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 17:53, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
Translation of steward election guidelinesEdit
Thanks for your work in translationsEdit
Dear OrbiliusMagister, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:35, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Hi! I've given you the rights. Your request was archived automatically while it wasn't even closed... Anyhow, it's done now. Please send me an email so I can subscribe you to the global renamers mailing list. Thanks and good luck! Trijnsteltalk 00:02, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
Help decide the future of WikimaniaEdit
The Wikimedia Foundation is currently running a consultation on the value and planning process of Wikimania, and is open until 18 January 2016. The goals are to (1) build a shared understanding of the value of Wikimania to help guide conference planning and evaluation, and (2) gather broad community input on what new form(s) Wikimania could take (starting in 2018).
After reviewing the consultation, we'd like to hear your feedback on on this survey.
In addition, feel free to share any personal experiences you have had at at a Wikimedia movement conference, including Wikimania. We plan to compile and share back outcomes from this consultation in February.
Towards a New Wikimania resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to share your views on the value of Wikimedia conferences and the planning process of Wikimania. We have completed analysis of these results and have prepared this report summarizing your feedback and important changes for Wikimania starting in 2018 as an experiment. Feedback and comments are welcome at the discussion page. Thank you so much for your participation. I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, 22:47, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
Global rename rights removedEdit
Hi, I just want to let you know that your global rename rights have been removed due to one year inactivity in the renaming process. If you think you'll be more active and want them back you can always start a new request for a global renamer. Thank you for your service. Best regards, --Stryn (talk) 13:30, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
Puoi chiedere direttamente a SRP, se c'è stata una discussione locale sull'opportunità di queste importazioni/esportazioni. Aggiungi un collegamento alla discussione (non serve che sia chissà che) e se possibile specifica un termine entro cui pensi di finire. --Nemo 15:39, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Richiedi una borsa per la conferenza internazionale Wikimania!Edit
Ciao OrbiliusMagister, ho visto che ti dai parecchio da fare da queste parti.
Ti segnalo che è possibile chiedere all'associazione Wikimedia Italia una borsa "Alessio Guidetti" per partecipare a Wikimania 2018. La scadenza è oggi, 18 marzo.
Wikimania è la conferenza internazionale annuale degli utenti dei progetti Wikimedia, compresa Wikipedia. Sarà il prossimo 18–22 luglio.
Vedi le informazioni su borse e modalità di richiesta. Controlla là per ulteriori aggiornamenti.
Puoi candidarti compilando un semplice modulo web, in cui indicare la tua partecipazione wiki e i tuoi interessi per il programma.
Questa è un'ottima occasione per poter partecipare a Wikimania anche quando non si fa dietro casa! :-)
In bocca al lupo, Giuseppe 12:55, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
Results from global Wikimedia survey 2018 are publishedEdit
19:25, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:25, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
WCUG ASBS 2019Edit
Someone, probably you, voted at the internal vote of the Wikisource Community User Group (WCUG) for the Affiliate-selected Board seats (ASBS) 2019. Could you confirm it was indeed you who voted and add your name on Wikisource Community User Group/ASBS/2019? If it wasn't you, you don't need to do anything, the vote will simply be discard if there is no confirmation.
Community Wishlist Survey 2020Edit
You are getting this message because you've previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey, in either the Wikisource or Wiktionary categories. I wanted to let you know that this year's survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until November 11. Unlike previous years, we are only accepting proposals for non-Wikipedia content projects with no dedicated teams (i.e., Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews). You can learn more on the survey page.
You can vote on proposals from November 20 to December 2. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won't send out a separate reminder to you about that. We look forward to your participation. Thank you! IFried (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 22 October 2019 (UTC)