- Kindly leave messages on new topics at the bottom of this page. To keep the discussion in one place, I will reply here.
Reverted edits - "Maher"Edit
Dear Meno25, I have edited all instances of Katherine Maher to reflect the correct pronunciation which you can confirm yourself at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBKtBaY50fw. Haytham Abulela talk 02:43, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
AfroCine: Join the Months of African Cinema this October!Edit
After a successful first iteration of the Months of African Cinema last year, we are happy to announce that it will be happening again this year, starting from October 1! In the 2018 edition of the contest, about 600 Wikipedia articles were created in at least 8 languages. There were also contributions to Wikidata and Wikimedia commons, which brought the total number of wikimedia pages created during the contest to over 1,000. About 9 in-person events were also organised for the edit-a-thon in different parts of the world.
The contest is organized by a Wikimedia project called The AfroCine Project, which is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history, works, people, places, and events, that are associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the diaspora.
If you would love to join this exciting event, please list your username as a participant on the English Wikipedia contest page. If you would love to lead this contest for your country or community, please list your name in the coordinators' page here. The rapid grants team would be accepting proposals throughout October and November, in case you'd need funds to run local edit-a-thons or some other activities related to this event. Upon listing your name on the coordinators' page, you'd be contacted to talk about the resources you'd need to run the event in your community. You can also contact me directly for any clarifications.
Finally, We also need volunteers to handle some aspects of the AfroCine project. These aspects include:
- Community Liaison: This role essentially involves closely engaging with local communities to support their activities within the scope of Afrocine.
- Communications: This involves the communications aspects of the project. Sharing relevant information on mailing lists and social media would be the responsibility of this person.
- MAC Jury: This role involves joining the jury of Months of African Cinema contest. We need as many people as we can get 🙂.
- Tools: Going forward, we would need relevant tools to better track the metrics and also analyse the general impact of these events. We are calling for Wikimedia volunteers who can navigate wikimedia tools that can be useful for the project.
If you would love to help with any of these roles, or some other roles that have not been mentioned, please contact me directly or on: samoye_ hotmail.com
If you have further questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach out to me personally or right here or the project talkpages.
Thank you!--Jamie Tubers (talk) 17:10, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
حضرتك عملت لي بلوك ولعغيت كل تعديلاتي علي فكر الخطأ في صفحات قليله في وفي اخر تعديل مش اكتر كان ممكن تنبهني بدل ما تعمل لي بلوك وتلغي تعديلاتي اللي عملتها الاسبوع اللي فات كله يا ريت مثلا تشوف ----- تصنيف:لغات هندية أوروبية ---هتلاقيء انك رجعتها صفحة من غير تصنيف تعديلي كان اضالفة تصنيف يا ريت زي ما تحمست و لغيت كل تعديلاتي يا ريت ترجعها تاني وانالا هارجع تعديلاتى اخر يوم عشانم ما نضيعش مجهود بعض Redaking (talk) 13:49, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
MenoBot on arywikiEdit
Is your bot malfunctioning? I just got a welcome message at ary:نقاش المستخدم:Joe Roe, which is a wiki I've never edited or logged into. --Joe Roe (talk) 14:26, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
- Same for me, I don't speak Arabic but it looked like a welcome message. Never logged into ary.wiki either VTH94 (talk) 14:40, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
- arywiki is Moroccan Darija (aka Moroccan Arabic) Wikipedia. We're trying to contact Meno25 to stop sending these welcome messages. --Ideophagous (talk) 10:36, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
Call For Volunteer Facilitators Across Africa Edit
The Africa Narrative is seeking volunteer facilitators in Egypt (two volunteers) and Senegal (two volunteers) for the AfroCreatives Wikiproject.
The AfroCreatives Wikiproject aims to support and mobilize creatives and professionals from the African creative sector, as well as enthusiasts more broadly, to contribute and enhance knowledge on Wikipedia about Africa’s creative economy. Its inaugural effort will target the film sectors of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal.
The Africa Narrative (TAN) is a non-profit that develops singular, high-impact initiatives in support of African creatives and the African cultural and creative industries with the aim to strengthen capacity in the continent’s creative economy and the global visibility of African cultural soft power.
All volunteers must have full professional proficiency in English. In Senegal, they must have native or full professional proficiency in French; in Egypt, they must have native or full professional proficiency in Arabic. Volunteer facilitators should have a vast knowledge about Wikimedia projects and experience with teaching new editors.
Interested participants may sign up on the project's Meta page. You may also indicate your country and email if your Wikipedia account is not associated with any email address.
Feel free to share with an Egyptian or Senegalese Wikipedian as well.
Danidamiobi (talk) 14:56, 10 February 2022 (UTC)